who wears thongs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by emma, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Hehe they're gonna have a new lodger then! haha yeah all the good british sweeties!awww
    x

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

awwwww tablet, yum that stuff rules!

xxxx

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah gonna take some with me i think!

on the thong line of convo...got a new underwear set the other day from la senza...hot pink...me like!

x

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

oooooo i keep meanin 2 pop in there b4 i go, probs will durin this week, stock up lol

xxxx

5. emma

emma New Member

wow linz scottish fudge and u guys stole all the cadburys mallows....sound boss up there!

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Haha yeah we have all the good food up here!lol

did you ever find the mallow things?

x

7. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

i've been asking about these tablet things and still haven't got a clue what they are?

hot pink nice the colour of my room!!!

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

tablet is a scottish sewwt. like fudge but better!

could live on it! but sooo bad for ya!made of sugar and condensed milk!

x

9. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

ok mum has just told me its gypsy tart, so if there the same thing i'll leave it to you to enjoy lol

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i've never heard of gypsy tart so couldnt tell ya if theyre the same thing!lol

11. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

not sure if its the same thing - found this recipe
    8oz shortcrust pastry
    400g evaporated milk
    12oz dark muscavado sugar

1.preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas6. roll out pastry and line a 25cm flan ring. bake blind for 15-20 mins. leave to cool.
    2. whisk milk and sugar together for 10-15 mins until light and fluffy. mixture should be coffee coloured.
    3.pour mixture into pastry case and bake for ten mins. it will now have a slightly sticky surface, but will not set until it has been left to cool. serve cold

12. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

by looking at the recipe then i think they are the same sort of thing

13. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

i think so - heres the recipe for tablet
    Scottish Recipes - Tablet

Tablet is an original Scottish confectionery. There are a number of variations on the recipe and the method. Some prefer it very smooth and almost like fudge, whereas others prefer a rough (and more authentic) texture and appearance.
    It is still a best seller at Church fetes and bring and buy sales.

Ingredients:
    2 lb granulated sugar
    4 oz butter
    One quarter pint water
    One quarter pint milk
    Large tin condensed milk
    1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

Method:
    Put the sugar, butter, water and milk into a large, heavy pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Bring it to the boil and boil for 10 minutes without stirring. Stir in the condensed milk and boil for a further 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence. Beat the mixture for one minute, then pour into a buttered shallow tin and Mark into squares. Cut when cold.

14. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

ok there is a little difference to the recipes but they still look quite similar, ok i think i no what it is now lol i'll try down rochester to see if they have it!!

15. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

how on earth did we go from thongs to recipes for tablet? ???

sorry couldnt help but wonder about that!

try a random sweet shop thats independant and not aprt of a chain - if yeovil has the stuff, then im sure ur find it in any town!

16. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

yer i'll rty rochester as it like old town it does all the old bottled sweets and they have a small shop there that does every fugde u can ever imagin! so they may have the tablet.

yer we have done thongs, cars, driving lessons to thongs fudge tablets lol

17. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

lol, someone just looked over my sholder saw the word tablet and thought i was selling drugs just now! had to explain quickly wat it was all about!

18. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

oops so wot d"tablets" ya got then?? no only joking don't touch the stuff!!! teaches them for reading part of a convo and not the over... ;D ;D ;D ;D

19. emma

emma New Member

keep the post alive

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

...and again