who decides?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by rachet, Nov 9, 2006.

1. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i think u hear by phone whether you got the job or not at least thats what happened with the french guys who applied.

then u get the official job offer through the post and after that they update u and stuff via email - well thats what i think happens hehe

todders - i was the same at the interview looking out to see if i knew anyone but i didnt meh. i was one of the first 4 to interview lol i was the one in grey and generally chatting to people around me hehe

how cool are the disney offices though? i think thats my second choice to work there now!

i access my email on my mobile at work to check for emails and first thing in the morning and straight after work - even tho they said 3 weeks im so hopeful it will be earlier lol

2. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

hello everyone!!! ARGGGHHHHH - this 3 week wait is going to KILL me!!!!! i was at the Glasgow interview on thursday,we also all got interviewed in pairs ....... i found it a bit random,i think it made me a bit more nervous than i would have been had i been in there on my own.... i stumbled over my words and stuff!!!!! but the guy i was in with was dead nice and he was there for the C.P so we got asked different questions so it was ok!!!
    As for the questions about travel.... ive only ever been to France once - ive never been on a plane or anything!!! I got asked what country i would like to visit most so i said America - seemed to go down quite well!!!
    Hope we all hear back from them soon!!!!!
    Kerry xx

3. toddlystockley

toddlystockley New Member

Yeah I vaguely remember you but I have the memory of a fish when it comes to people lol The disney offices where amazing. Especially the Themed board rooms - I only got the see the chronicles of Narnia room but the office as a whole was truly amazing. Almost been a week and still no word! god this is painful lol

4. pinkspideruk

we interviewed at a room just down the hall from the pirates of the caribean room!!! i so wanted to go in and look around lol. but the whole offices were amazing how cool all the stuff they had there i could have spent the day wandering around hehe

5. LoopyLoo

LoopyLoo New Member

Hi His name is Andrew and he is studying at Sheffield Uni, I guess you haven't heard anything yet?

6. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

nope still not heard anything ......
    im stressing out about refrences - my boss is away on holiday for the next 3 weeks so if disney try and get one of him they wont be able to!
    Also,i put down my old boss from when i worked at a bank - but getting one from him will be next to impossible,the way they handle mail in the bank is a joke,it will sit in a box in Edinburgh for a few weeks untill some one decides to look at it!!!!!
    My other one was a school teacher - that one will be fine but its hardly relevent to the job!!!!
    ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :-\

xxx

7. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

if its any help im in the uk and was told i got the job through email when i went last year!

8. pinkspideruk

ok its been a week since they finished interviewing now - two left to go!!!

im hoping they get in touch soon because the wait is killing me. the worse thing is my family are pushing me to learn to drive and stuff but if i go to disney i wont be able to cos i will need to save all ym money i dont wanna be broke over there!but if i dont get in then i will but hanging around before deciding is driving me nuts!

9. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

i know how you feel - if i dont get this job then i have to start looking for something else and and place to live - not fun at this time of year!!!! Im living at home with my parents right now and working localy but my job finishes here in March (which is why i put march down as the first date im available to go to Florida!!) and after that i really dont want to stay here with my folks - they are great and everything but il be 21 in March and i need my own place!!!!!! I wish they would just tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    XXX

10. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

It does seem like your life is put on hold, isn't it? Because if I'm not accepted, I have to start with Uni applications and plans for a few trips I'll be making in the summer. But I can't budge an inch until I know exactly what's going to happen. And I have to be the most impatient person in the world!

It's a three week limbo I tell ya! And I definately also made the mistake of excitedly telling everyone I know about the interview as well, so everyone wants updates and news.

I'm hoping they make contact through email because no-ones ever home for the phone and I've been checking email more times a day than I breathe, sooo.

11. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

also, if they call u, its likely to be ur mobile they'll ring rather than ur home number

12. linsey

linsey New Member

if i don't get in I'll try once more but then after that I'll not try again. If I don't get in then I'll be moving out of my parents house and heading south, likely to London. For what i want to do there's nothing up here in Scotland! And I'm sick of hanging on waiting for what I want.

At my age it's time to move on with my life... I'd just like to sidetrack slightly with Disney first!

13. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Ditto. I kept it quiet for about two weeks, and then I started to get excited about the interview... result: verbal diahorrea about Disney and the interview. Oh well, it's not been too bad for people asking as I just keep brushing it off with a 'meh', so I think people have got the message now!

1 week of waiting left... Eek!

14. pinkspideruk

the people i work with keep winding me up - they keep saying i cant go to disney instead they will dress me up as mickey mouse and parade me round the hospital on my lunch time hehe - gits.

hopefully they will contact us tomorrow!!!!

gonna make sure my mobile is charged too now that jilly's said they call you on that!

15. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

ok - its now half 3 so i guess today is not the day for disney news - booooo. i had somehow convinced mydself that today was going to be the day! still an hour and a half of the working day left i guess........oooohhhh,im getting so impatient now!! i just really want to know!!!!! xxx

16. stuart_peters

stuart_peters New Member

17. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

Its SO frustrating!!!!! I just cant understand what takes them so long to decide!!! hopefully we will start to hear tomorrow ..... :-\

18. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

I know, for some reason I got really excited every time I looked at my phone today. I guess because it's been two weeks now, and that's how long some people were told it could be. Oh well, only another 6 potential Disney Days left!!!

19. stuart_peters

stuart_peters New Member

Optimism! That's what I like to hear! lol. ;D
    I'm glad I didn't hear today actually... I'm having THE worst day ever so in keeping with the tone of the day it would have been an outright "No" without doubt!

20. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

I really hope they start getting intouch from tomorrow - at least if some of us start getting contacted we know the balls rolling - i hate waiting for things to happen!!!!!!! The only good thing about not knowing yet is that at least just now i can still hold out hope that im going to get a place - its going to be so horrible for those who dont get in ........ really really really hope that doesnt happen to any of us!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for us all!!!!! ;D xx