While we are waiting...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by pinkspideruk, Aug 25, 2010.

1. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I'm hoping maybe they just have a list of questions and they randomly choose them or something and that was one of them!??

2. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Yeh I'm guessing your right with the random question asking. Not sure they'd have set questions for each applicant. Haha

3. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Reading that just got me all hyped up again ;D

Amy asked about my preference too, I said I'd think I'd be happy with either but I'm leaning more towards F&B as it seems more fast paced from what I've read. It didn't seem like she was asking for a definite answer. Maybe they were just asking random people to see roughly how many people applying were interested in the different areas. Just to get an idea of numbers.

4. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

*breeeathes* So was it just Amy that asked about preference in the phone interview? Did anyone who had Hannah get asked that question? I felt so gutted reading those posts for a moment there!

This waiting is not good for my health haha ::)

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

it was jason who asked me about it in my interview but i really wouldnt worry about it, i think its just something they ask to see what the answer is, i dont think its a crucial question, i didnt get aked about what disney character id be, i didnt get asked anything about disney look and he didnt ask me to confirm any details ---- lol!!!! dont worry about what was or wasnt asked, your going to drive yourselves insane if you over analyse everything!!!!!!!! :D

6. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I'm glad i'm not the only one worrying!

Ok, so in my interview with Hannah, I didn't get asked about a preference but she did mention my retail experience. & then she told me I could fins myself in Food & bev serving customers food & asked me a question about that. Did you get anything like that? Cos I sort of think that makes up for not being asked a preference? Right?

Sorry Jackson (I wanna call you Kerry but i'm not 100%) Sounds like you're playing the role of mum in calming us all down. :) You're a Disney Veteran! Haha

7. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah it is kerry :D

haha, disney veteran, yeah i guess so, dont get me wrong im as exited/stressed/nervous as everyone else but i remember from last time, i was so upset - i thought id messed up the phone interview and the f2f but somehow i got through!!!! so even if you think it was bad just hang on in there, you really never can tell what they think or whats going to happen!!!

8. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I really am hanging in there! :D Lol. It's just when you get told on the phone "You'll get an email either way" I wasn't really thinking of the other way. Lol. We just all want it so bad! :D

9. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I agree with Kerry they probably have a stock of around 50 different questions and just pick a bunch randomly to ask you so people get slightly different things - after all they know we are gonna be chatting on here lol and sharing - they prob dont want us too prepared.

I think they are asking ALL people who have done the programme before about thir work location preference but I dont think they would necessarily ask all the enw people if you see what I mean?

I'm glad that Kerry said about service though - If your planning on F&B remember your not guaranteed to get into service. I did 3 months on podium (chippy, greeting and seating people) which is not a tipped position then 4 months assigning/podium again not tipped position although yu do make slightly more as an assignor than as regular or you did when I was there - assigning can be very stressful. They now have dedicated assignors which si good. Then I did 5 months of service where I petty much worked 6 days every week, doing doubles and mids for the majority of the shifts.

My days off werent the same as any of my closer mates anymore because they were also in service and on the rare (almost non existant) am shifts I had they were working mids or doubles - made it very difficult to do things together. Dont get me wrong we still went out to lasses (double with hang over anyone?) and we would often go out for food at like 11pm or to a club until 2 in the morning and as I said I would do F&B again but it isnt all sunshine and chatting in an a/c filled restaurant to happy guests!

Also you get some outragelously rude people were you have to be pleasant even though you would like nothing more than to pour their (20th glass!) of iced tea over their heads!

Most of the guests are really nice and they are part of what makes it worth it - lunchtimes tended to be more of the times when you get to chat properly to your tables, evenings tend to bve really busy so you might only properly get to chat with your tables when they are the last ones for the night

10. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

Its okay hun! As far as I felt the questions were being asked by how my answers lead, if you know what I mean. When i researched previous questions alot were similar just various ways they were asked for example:
    How would you cope with the heat / long hours? OR how I was asked:
    What do you think would be the most challenging aspect about being in Florida? and those both I found on previous CRP blogs.

Also my first question was something like "tell me about yourself and why you want to work for disney" so i rambled on for ages & think i cancelled out certain questions being asked... does that make sense?? lol it has been a LONG day, sorry.

I asked my aunt who does HR for a major company & she said they basically ask questions & tick off any key answers they are looking for as they go along. Not that im saying this is what yummy do... side note: did anyone hear their interviewer clicking as you were on the phone??? ??? But they will be looking for key aspects as does any company when you go for an interview.

Personally I'm just hoping we have all have F2F interviews!!! ;D

11. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Yes! I heard clicking or tapping!?!? Lol. I got asked the question about the most challenging thing. Thank you for your post. It's helped me feel a lot more positive! & Kerry, and Vicky and PinkSpider too! :) I'll respond when I get to a computer next. :)

12. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah i think they have questions that that need to get answers for in order to be able to judge each of us fairly against one another, but if you happen to inadvertently answer a question whilst talking about something else then you wont get asked again about that thing (lol, if that makes any sense!!!!)

i cant say i noticed any clicking sounds at all....... i dont know if they take notes are we are talking or if the whole conversation is recorded, usually for phone interviews the interviewer asks you to talk slowly and theres long pauses after you finish speaking as they have to note down your answers but there didnt seem to be any of that with yummy jobs so maybe its all recorded,and maybe thats the clicking you guys heard?? no idea tho!!!!

13. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

i remember i had a table of cockneys (emphasize the word `cock`) who wouldnt talk to me (baring in mind i was their server) because i sounded "northern".

Lets just say i didnt give that table all the love and attention i probably should-funny how they spoke to me when they wanted their food though?

14. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I didnt hear any clicking sound that I can remember? but like I said my interview went so badly I have blocked it from my memory! mind you it doesnt stop me rushing home from work every day to check my emails just in case lol

legally though they cant actually record you without your permission (verbal permission is fine) unless they have reason to believe you are breaking the law? I am sure there is a law in effect like that because where I work now we had a fmaily who would record any conversations they had with any health professionals to use at tribunal and we were told legally we could hang up on them if they were recording us without permission

not that i would mind if they recorded me but yeah im sure they have to let you know at the start that they are going to be recording the conversation

15. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

I was just curious if anyone else heard it, may have been other yummy workers on computers, may have been a programme they were using as we went along.

Apparently for any job you apply for you can legally request for the transcript. To see what notes were made. I may request it if I don't make next stage to see how I went wrong and try and get a better understanding of what they are looking for. But that is just a back up plan. I'm still aiming for Plan A, working for the mouse. :)

16. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I've just realised, some
    Of my details needed to be changed - that's why I heard the tapping!! :) I'm having a much more positive day today - I reckon it has something to do with watching Lilo & Stitch this morning! Haha.

17. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

lol!!! yeah it was prob them tapping on the computer or using the mouse!!!!! ;D