When can UK applicants next apply?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Leanneuk, May 15, 2011.

1. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i wouldnt worry about age wise thing cos there are people there from 18 to their early 30's some esp french and italian pavillion were even older i think

2. pulelehua

pulelehua New Member

At katie and lianne i will be 24 by the time i get to go out there if i even get accepted. so at least we can all feel old together ;D even though by the sounds of it i dont think we will be the oldest. suppose the older we are the more experience we will probably have.

3. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Hey guys,
    I had an email from Yummy a while ago saying to check the website in July for applications for a 2012 start date.
    Thing is.. I need a July/August/September start date as when I get back I think I'll be doing a masters which obviously starts in September. I know they've already recruited for summer 2012 start dates, so I'm really hoping they want more when applications open again :/
    xxx

4. Missish

Missish New Member

If they have any spaces left for that period when you apply, I'm sure you could explain this to Yummy Jobs and if you're accepted they may try to make sure that you get a date so you're back before September. It might be worth finding out early in the process if they have places at that time or not, because if they don't, it would be a shame for you to get a place but not be able to go!

5. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

If you give em your start date, they may keep you on the waitlist for September ish rather than offering you a deffinate place later in the year.

For you guys worrying when to apply, when I did, I didn't realise there were specific dates, so I sent my app in March to be told they'd review it in August haha. Phone interview at the end of Aug, face to face at the start of Oct. Waitlisted for 3 months then ended up going out the following March. The earliest arrival from my interviews was November though I think. Then Jan apps had their interviews in Feb (I think) and their earliest start date was April.

For those who feel old...don't :)...I was 23 when I went out, turned 24 out there. Yes, I was older than some of my mates, but most people are around 22/23 ish. I think the oldest CRP was in her 40's, a couple in their 30's, but because you're all there for the same experience, you really forget how old people are (like completely forgetting underagers and going somewhere they can't get in...ooops lol).

6. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Just been on the Yummy website and it says UK applications are now closed until January 2012?! They told me applications would be open again around July, so I've been checking the website every couple of days for the last few weeks and now it says that!
    Disappointed much?! I guess I have to wait a whole year more until I can go out there again :(
    xxx

7. katie87

katie87 New Member

Too Right!! I'm gutted. It's got me thinking-if the applications don't open until January, then when are the interviews going to be? I've just started planning my trip around America next summer and I'm gonna be really gutted if I'm away when they do the phone or face to face interviews :( GRR!!!

8. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I imagine they will be the first week of June, like the last ones :)

9. Missish

Missish New Member

As Rob said, the F2F interviews will probably be in early June, as the most recent round of applications was. The phone interviews were in April. So you should be fine!

10. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

With interviews in June, do they still offer start dates for August/September that same year?!
    It just seems like very little time to get Visas etc sorted!
    xx

11. gem20tinks

gem20tinks New Member

Hiya Hun!!

Yes they do - me and the girl in my interview we both got the 6th sep 2011. which is 3 months after F2F.

It all dep on which role you apply for and if any drop-outs or people turn down a date etc ... and when you put your availability down...I put asap and yummy laughed and said so if we call you to go next month i was like yep! haha.

But me and my int buddy are flying out with apps from last year application who have been waitlisted etc....
    the rest of our crew are starting to come out from nov onwards....

I applied in jan - going in sep so its not too long for me (( make sure your financially ready though! ))
    some of my friends on the app have got dates for sep 2012 so you could be waiting up to a year.... you have gotta be flexible!!

But i wish you all the best of luck and pixie dust <3 xxxxx

http://www.mickeypath.com/val.php?serial=1315206041&calid=514758273

12. meelie

meelie New Member

I'm going on the same date as Gemma but as she said, I'm one of the people from the previous application group. We weren't even wait listed, we were just given a date with almost a year to wait!! So whilst you can be given a date very quickly (some people from our group had a month to prepare) you may also have to wait for some time. However, if you give Yummy/ Disney the dates you want to go then they'll try and help you out as much as possible xx

13. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Thanks Gemma and Meelie! That's both really good news! Feeling a bit more positive about the late application now! And I guess if they did happen to give me a later start date there's always the option of self terminating early to be back in time for the next September. But you know, I'd obviously rather not do that. Just fingers crossed for a good start date! But it's so long away at the moment anyway.
    You both go out so soon, I'm jealous! But have an amazing magical time! Absolutely no doubt that you will!
    xxx

14. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I'd just like to back up what Gemma said about being financially ready. This can be a very expensive process! To give you a rough breakdown of how much this has cost me let me guess at:

Interview travel, clothes, accommodation (I'm from up north ;) : £200
    CRB Check: £60
    Flight (going in school holidays): £500
    VISA costs (travel, accom as well as the rest of the fees): £300
    Insurance (medical and travel for 4 months): £250
    Assessment fee: £60ish
    Going out a few days early so hotel: £60
    Buying extra clothes etc to take with me: £200
    Spending money to get you through the first few weeks: £500 (they say between $300-$500 is enough but I want an annual universal pass)

So probably over £2000!

If I could do it all again I'd probably have started saving during the applications (or at least earlier on during the waitlist!) to make it easier later on. Then, even if I hadn't made it I'd have had a nice little pot of spending money to splurge lol.

Good luck in your applications everyone! ;D

15. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Yeah I did the ICP last year so I have some idea of the costs. But I guess I had about 5 months to save then after I'd found out I'd got it that time though. And could book the flight 5 months in advance. Where as if I got it this time it would be more like 1 month in advance Eeesh, Can't imagine how expensive they get that late AND in the holidays!
    xxx