What to wear?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by michelle.e., Sep 8, 2009.

1. iain89uk

iain89uk New Member

I was worried about the exact same thing! I'll be staying in a hotel the night before so I'm hoping that they'll store the bag so I can just go back and get it before I go to the station. It would be soooooo much easier if they had a place to put your bag at the interview though. Does anyone know?

2. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I brought my bag to the interview with me. Most of the time is spent waiting around so you can always have it nearby. During the interview i left it with a few people who were still waiting for theirs. The Yummy Jobs people were always wondering around there as well. There were quite a lot of people in the same situation so you can just help each other out!

3. beccac123

beccac123 New Member

I had my interview last week and have just found out i have been accepted (yippeee)! I wore a high waisted pencil skirt with black tights a blouse and a cardigan - most girls were dressed similar and the guys wore suits mainly, some people were more casual but didn't look as good in my opinion. If you are dressed smartly it shows you're serious about it and profesional.

About the over night bag - there was a few people in the same situation at my interview. The yummy jobs people were great and were happy to help with anything like that. So there will always be someone about to look after it.

Hope this helps.

4. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Ok i have my interview on Saturday. I have a black sparkly dress which has sleeves and goes down to near my knees which is a reasonable length i would say. However its not very business like but is smart, im panicking a bit about it not being ok but i dont want to wear a suit or anything i want to wear something that reflects me and is a bit different to everyone else (but not in a bad way, like 'what was she thinking'). From people who have had interviews or just know stuff about it, did you have anyone dressed in sparkles or like more evening dress or should i play it safe and wear something officey.

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I haven't seen anyone in evening dress - if I were you I'd wear something more officey, the email did say dress in business attire... obv it's up to you, but that's what I'd do (I'd hate it if I wasn't hired because they didn't think I looked professional enough... why I wore a grey suit jacket, grey trousers and a baby pink fitted shirt).
    xx

6. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

I went shopping with mam yesterday. Bought trousers in H&M its flipin gorjus. A jacket from Oasis and a blouse from DP. :D sorted :D

7. beccac123

beccac123 New Member

Yeah i agree, i'm not sure that a sparkly dress would give the right impression - it could go two ways they could be like wow she's really gone for it and stands out! or... oh my gosh.. what was she thinking?! I would definatly play it safe and got for more professional business attire. :)

8. hannah89

hannah89 New Member

I went shopping this morning for my interview on Saturday and brought a dark grey fitted dress, it looks very professional so I think it will be alright :) I'm so excited!

9. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

ok well i have a plan. Im going to wear the dress there coz i love it. lol but i will bring some smart trousers and a top so that after the presentation if im not happy with what im wearing i can change for the interview. sorted!

10. I've been boring and gone for the suit! But my jacket has a nice hot pink silk lining :p though you can't see it :p