What else do you want to do in Florida??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VickiG, Dec 17, 2007.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I want to see that too! I was lucky enough to get the Broadway Workshop songs (the ones they use to try it out before they decide the perform the thing) and they're amazing! I think I might just go live in NY instead LOL

Anyway, I found my list of things I wanted to do... here goes...

Have picture taken with Sorcerer Mickey at Disney Hollywood Studios
    Go to Disneyland
    Get a Florida driving lisence!
    Go to Jellyrolls
    See the Wonders of China in Epcot
    Watch the sunset in Frontierland and take amazing pictures
    Do the Keys to the Kingdom tour
    Eat at Victoria & Alberts!
    Do the Spaceship Earth tour (if they still do them)
    Join ENCORE (cast choir)
    Get picture with Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella
    Parasailing at the Contemporary
    Attend a campfire at Fort Wilderness

As well as everything else I've said LOL

2. oh to be a mermaid!

oh to be a mermaid! New Member

Louisa I will love you forever if you burn me a copy of that cd??

also cast choir, do you get to go cool places for that? x

3. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

i will join u to tha chrystal palace breakfast! its one i will love to try, i have gone only to Chef Mickey's and its really cool!!! and im agree i love golder corral! even tought i have never been in ponderosa so i will try it to!! =D

4. DisneyGibbs

Of course I will!

And, you don't get to really go anywhere with the choir, but you do get to perform at the ABC Theatre in Disney's Hollywood Studios. They only do one show a year, and it's usually based on broadway songs (the year I was there it was The Spark of Creation, and was all about Stephen Schwartz (the guy who wrote the music for Wicked! and Enchanted!) so that was cool). The auditions are usually in May sometime, and the show is in August and from what I know, runs for 3 nights. The only problem is that you have to be able to attend the majority of rehearsals, and it's usually 3 nights a week, which is why I couldn't do it as my schedule was a typical CP one. However, there's no harm in auditioning! (if I hadn't I wouldn't have found out I could sing!) and the people who do it are all really nice.

This is their website! http://www.encorecentral.org/ and you can see pictures of past shows and stuff.

Enjoy!

5. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

6. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I'm considering getting a Florida Drivers license too, but I don't have one from Norway either...

I really want to do some backstage tours, like in the tower of terror and spaceship earth.

I've done several of the character meals, but you can never get enough of them when you're in Disney :D

7. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

I can't wait to be able to drive in Florida! Every year we've been I've been too young to hire a car, this year I'll just be old enough woop woop!! x

8. disneyprincess87

Yay! I say we all go to take our tests at the DMV together and then hire cars and drive around in convoy, what a site we'd be!

I'd love to do the tour that lasts all day, I think you go behind the scenes at MK, MGM (I know it's changed but to me it will always be MGM!) and Epcot.

9. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

I'd defo like to learn to drive when I'm there. My friend is there jst now and shes jst learned - she said its reeeali easy and she couldnt drive before she went!

As far as what I want to do when I'm in florida? Well, I think u guys have pretty much covered it! I want to do it ALL lol! SO excited! 71 Days to go woohoo!

XxX

10. DisneyGibbs

That tour is called Backstage Magic... it's quite expensive, but being CM's we get a nice discount. For most tours you don't have to pay, but because this one is very popular and lasts longer, they make you pay for it lol. At least they did when I was there!

And yes, convoy sounds great :D just so we can show off LOL

11. speck

speck New Member

Didn't see anyone mention this one...I was in Florida over break and they have awesome outlet malls!!! I got a super nice Coach bag for $80 whoa whoooo. People come from far away places JUST to go to Florida's outlet malls.

12. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Shopping is a big necessity in florida! They've got so much cool stuff there and not to mention cheap ;D

It's really easy to get the license there I've heard. If you go to the DMV thingy in Kissimee, I've heard that all you have to do is to drive for 5-10 minutes on a closed parking lot to get your license :D

13. VickiG

VickiG New Member

Shopping is definately on my list speck!! I was over there last summer and had the best shopping day ever in Florida Mall, its all so cheap, abercrombie and fitch took a hammering ;D

- Note to all shoppers, the sales are on around the last week of June, first week of July and its brilliant, nothing like the carnage of sale over here - its too big a mall to get that full :D

Also considering getting a florida driving licence, didn't realise it was as easy as driving round a car lot for 15 mins! But for some funny reason i keep thinking that i will have to hand over my UK licence, which i really don't want to do..
    Further investigation is needed.. but count me in for the convoy!!

xx

14. oh to be a mermaid!

oh to be a mermaid! New Member

how long do you think it would take to learn to drive out there? I can't drive hear ha ha! xx

15. *minnie**mouse*

whoop! another non-driver!!! lol i'll be seeing you on the bus too then :D :D

16. disneyprincess87

That tour is called Backstage Magic... it's quite expensive, but being CM's we get a nice discount. For most tours you don't have to pay, but because this one is very popular and lasts longer, they make you pay for it lol. At least they did when I was there!

And yes, convoy sounds great :D just so we can show off LOL

[/quote]

Of course we'd have to drive big hummers with mickey mouse painted on them!! The we'd look really cool! ::)

17. Kevus

Kevus New Member

hmmm well i would love to stay at the animal kingdom lodge one night, a charater breakfast would be awesome, oooh the royal table... hmmm ohana's would be good... oh oh and going PI.. and when the program finishes go across to disneyland resort and maybe a few days sailing on the cruise line

18. *minnie**mouse*

yeh random nights in the hotels is an awesome idea. i'd love to do the grand floridian for a night and pretend i'm posh.

19. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yeah, I recommend doing that! Me and some friends stayed at Saratoga Springs for 3 nights and did the spa. It was great!

20. DisneyGibbs

I don't think we're actually going to have time to work! I'm up for staying at all the resorts, maybe we can make it a regualr thing LOL We must vow to spend at least one night in each resort! Did you know it's really cheap to stay in the cabins at Fort Wilderness...when we were looking into it on my last program, it was $36 for 6 people..... just imagine the fun!