walt and the da vinci code

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baby_natz16, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Sounds good,

let me know what you find out!! ;D

2. T-belle

T-belle New Member

I think i'll have to buy the book at the airport when i head off to Orlando to join the cruise.......all those hours alone on the plane........don't want to talk a hole in the head of the person sitting next to me :D lol

3. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

OK this thread was posted by me ages ago. I loved angels and demons...great read! (I want another Langdon story!) Apparently 'the rule of four' is supposed to be in the style of the da vinci code but more intelligent if anyone is interested...Im just about to start it x

4. Ona

Ona Member

I read the Da Vinci Code a while ago, starting Angels and Demons after reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency at the mo. I've read the Rule of Four too.

I kinda' agree with this quote. The rule of Four was good but I did find the Da Vinci Code to be more of a page turner. The rule of four seemed more believable somehow, more like something that could actually happen whereas the da vinci code, at times, was more like a hollywood movie. That's not a criticism of either book. I loved them both and although they have a similar thread running though, i.e. an ancient mystery locked in literature and art, the stories are actually very different.

Just my 2c. :)

Oh and the info. about Walt; apparently the Priory of Sion is infact ficticious. Not made up by Dan Brown, but by others in the past and through the midsts of time. Has anyone read Holy Blood Holy Grail? So whether Walt had a secret adoration of the sacred feminine or not I couldn't say, but I think it unlikely he was a member of the Prioiry.

Ona x

5. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

yeah i heard that too about the priory...

thanks for the info about the book....first few pages seem good so far! x