WAITING LISTS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Ro, May 14, 2009.

1. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I think the UK is only allowed to do it once, as there's soo many people who wanted to do it, and there's not as much competetion in other countries to do the program, espically in Europe. i think in Canada competetion is high too

2. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

canada has super high competition that is why i am confused to how he is going for a third time!!

3. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

That's weird as Canada and the UK both use Yummy Jobs, maybe it's something to do with Visa's etc.. why the UK can only do the program once then I dunno...suppose you wouldn't have to email Yummy to find out....weird.

I suppose I'm glad that Yummy only lets you do the program once as then it gives us newbie's more of a chance, but then I'm not glad either because I want to do it more than once too....lol

4. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Roger said at the interview presentation that they prefer if you only do it once as its such a great experience. So its not strict like you can't do it more than once, but they prefer people not to. But you still could try haha

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

One of my friends from the UK has done the program twice, although the second time she went direct to casting at DTD while on vacation rather than going through Yummy.

6. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

i know we have all heard of people that have done the program more than once, but does anyone actually know of anyone that has been turned down beacuse they have already done the program before? I know i havn't. so chin up. there may be a second chance after all ;)

7. Helix

Helix New Member

Now how did you're friend do this exactly? Do you mind passing on my email address: jjmccrae@hotmail.com

I was out working from October 08 until April 09 on the graduate college program - and I got main a trainer of Main Entrance Operations at Epcot and got cross trained in parking/autoplaza and had my name forward to be a status coordinator... and in January (when all the above happened) I tried to get an extension, but no luck through UCF or Disney, so I decided to go to DTD and speak to casting. They said that I would need to go back to the UK and get the proper work authorization, which I've now found out its impossible.

8. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Me too...I want to know how your friend did this too?!

9. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

10. Helix

Helix New Member

What I'd really like to know is more detail.

If she has dual citizenship then that explains why Casting would just take her back without the help from YummyJobs. Casting told me that I would have no problems getting a job again, I had a clean record card for 6 months (duration of the program, my managers where shocked at the end when they asked what's on my record card and my reply is, what's a record card? ;D)
    Although I did have 9 Great Service Fanatic Cards on there, and a few guest comments that I helped... which seemed to happen when I was on my day off and enjoying the park. And that I proved to them that I wanted to be apart of the company by becoming a trainer, and being cross trained, and putting my name forward for coordinator.

Wonder what type of visa they gave her, if it wasn't culture rep, then they would have to have given her a H1-B (full time) or H2-B (temporary) employment visa... this just raised more and more questions, as I tried every week from January until April 3rd to get something with the company and the same reply was 'you need to correct authorization' - which turns out to be a the visa.

Americans have it so easy ;) and I think that now more, as most of the CPs I worked with have been terminated for stupid stuff like taking days off, switching shifts a lot, just calling in because they can't be bothered. And they don't seem to care about being terminated either.... GRRRR!!

This is just coming from someone who is missing the Disney magic, as the small town I come from doesn't understand. How many times will I need to explain my tee "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!" ::)

11. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

2 english people I know have dual citizenship and work at Rose and Crown full time. I am jealous.

12. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

omg i think they are the luckiest people i have ever been told about!! jealousssssss much

13. clover

clover New Member

anyone else off the waitlist yet????

just realised thats all i keep asking on here!!!

how is everybody?

x

14. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I hope she doesn't mind me talking about it, she used to be on here a lot but isn't anymore I don't think! Basically she did the programme as normal a few years back when I was there and just came home as usual, then when she was out there on vacation about a year later she went to casting to see if anything else was available and they did a kind of interview there on the spot and told her she could come and do the exact same programme again, on the same visa. From then on it was dealt with through Yummy as usual. Am pretty sure that's how it happened anyway!

Plus there always tends to be people working at the Rose and Crown on a permanent basis who are eligible to work in the States for one reason or another. The two mentioned who are there currently, I think one of them has dual citizenship and always has and the other married an American after being out there on the CRP. That happens more than you'd think actually, heading out there for the CRP, meeting an American, marrying them and ending up there permanently...

15. BeautifulBelle

ooh admittedly i do swoon at an american accent ;) i cant imagine it happens too often though does it? dont usually the crps hang out with people from all over the world more than americans? because of housing etc?
    i dont know maybe im wrong but this is pretty interesting! i wouldnt mind marrying a fellow disney lover while out there LOL ::) that would be awesome to tell your kids, i met your dad at walt disney world :p we're big kids :D
    ooh i wonder if anyones ever got pregnant while out there and what they did!? hmmm...

16. A few people got pregnant while i was there! They kept it secret! So funny.

17. Helix

Helix New Member

I fell for someone with an American accent, we Skype all the time and its nice to know that a long distance relationship can work if you put the effort in. Although I'm not going back just for them, I want to go back to continue working for Disney, having them there is just a little bonus.

I would say that being part of the international program, I actually made more friends with the americans that live there than the people I stayed with in Chatham. Yeah we're all on Facebook... I we don't get on as well as my American friends we talk daily with each other, and I love talking to all my managers at the main entrance of Epcot keeping me post on the changes and behind the scenes magic. Gotta love those two week Eye & Ears email, and my weekly Tell-A-Cast, they're keeping the magic alive for me.

18. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I would be soo happy to just work at Disney for the rest of my life........I want to try and work at all of them though WDW, DCL, DLRP, DL, HK and Toyoko (sp).....I wish I was American :(

19. BeautifulBelle

i know me too. wish i was american or at least had dual citizenship or a green card. or i just need to marry an american haha :p

20. I love being british!

And i love america, and i wouldnt wanna be american cos it would take away the fun of going there!