Visa Rejected

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by StevenC, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I wouldnt... I have been sent away aswell and yes i was annoyed. These are the people that decide whether you get a visa or not... dont bite the hand that feeds you.

2. StevenC

StevenC New Member

i'm complaining after i have secured the visa. i dont know why everyone is so shocked at me complaining and telling me not to.

if anything its for security. if im being rejected for something yet others who have done the same thing are being accepted... surely that isnt in the interests of the united states and they should be aware of it?

3. StevenC

StevenC New Member

likewise its people like you that just sit back and do nothing that dont get things done in life when you can see something is wrong.

4. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Not at all mate. I just understand the limits of my complaints and realise that complaining to the US Embassy would get me nowhere and be a massive waste of time.
    I'm not trolling or trying to annoy you but I think you need to ask yourself what you're trying to achieve by complaining? Are you asking for compensation for the wasted time (even though they'll deem it as your mistake), or do you just want to moan?

5. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Any of my friends could tell you that I am the first one to complain when things are wrong but the US Govt is one place I would not complain to because at the end of the day they're the ones letting you into the country. Getting a visa is not a guarantee of entry. That decision is still left with the immigration officials at your port of entry.
    It really doesn't help your case that the info about that particular question is on their website. It doesn't matter what happens with anyone else. Loads of people didn't get asked the question. Are you going to complain about that as well? The fact is that it's their country and they're the ones who decides you gets in and who doesn't. If you want to go tehn you need to play by their rules. Fair or unfair.
    I don't think anyone on here is disagreeing with you about whether the situation's fair or not btw, and it is unfortunate that in your case travelling to the embassy is expensive.

If you want to try to stop it happening in the future then I'd let yummy jobs know about it so they can flag the situation up for future applicants.

6. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

yeah I complain about thing where something is actually going to happen because of it

In your case you should have read the instructions on their website, correct me if I'm wrong but the yummy jobs visa document gives a link to that website and when filling the DS160 online it gives that link too

You should have read all the instructions probably like most people did

Yeah its unfortunate and I'm sorry it just happened to be you that they picked out but I would rather be spending my time getting it sorted and then looking forward to Disney rather than useless complaining and kicking up a fuss when at the end of the day they will just say that its on their website and they have done nothing wrong

7. StevenC

StevenC New Member

the thing is... because they arent doing their jobs properly... thousands of people are being accepted when they havent filled their schools in.

many of them could be terrorists... how would they know unless their school info was filled in...?

they deserve to know.!

8. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

some people ticked yes to that question who I know and they didnt get asked education details

so maybe it was just because you didn't tick that box

i'm sure the education bit is dependant on whether you put your university or your current job in the current job/education bit

9. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

James: I spoke to Hannah about a related question and she said in regards to the education bit that they couldn't work out any pattern between who is asked and who isn't. She also said that they can't ask the embassy about it because they won't tell them anything. I got asked for my employment history for the last 5 years which for a lot of people is pretty much the equivalent question but then I'm 23 so left school 5 years ago.

Steven: Please don't overexaggerate. It is not 1000s and often school history has nothing to do with whether you're a terrorist or not. It is a random question (which could well be in the testing stages). They're more bothered about WHY you didn't tell them the info than the fact that you didn't. For all we know they do extensive checks on random people every so often just to test the system. They know when you answer the questions whether you're lying or not and they know what red flags to look for. Often these things are not asked to catch terrorists but instead to catch people who may become state-dependent or might overstay their welcome.

10. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

Anyway get reapplied, get over it, get your visa and then get excited for disney =)

38 days for me to go =)

11. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I left school 4 years ago and i just filled out my current job, i even lied about my end date cos it wouldn't let me put i hadn't left. Ive also had about 4 different jobs before this one but i couldn't be bothered filling it all out and finding contacts, they obv dont check ur job history cos i still go a visa. I didn't get asked about schools tho so they must be really picky on certain things =]

& Steven u should probably delete this thread cos i think its only gunna remind u of not getting it and wind u up :) Hope everything sorts out for u x

12. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Sorry to hear what happened to you Steven :(
    I have mine on the 4th of May.. i have done the DS-16O form, but I dont remember that question? So is it a random check and not everyone will have that quetsion?

13. Sofi

Sofi Guest

If they don't ask u then u can't really be expected to answer it lol and if they do ask u, u haveto answer it! x

14. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Ah right thanks Sofi :) xxx

15. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Yeah it is a random question. There's no obvious reason why one person gets it and other people don't.

16. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

I guess they do it for a reason.. some random checks. but it is a shame :(

17. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

thats so annoying for you Steven! sorry to hear that,but good luck for next time.

However, I am agreeing with the others here.

I agree its such a pain...but my advice would be.... if you are set on complaining, do it AFTER your programme...because I realise its their fault...but they might deny you if you do that... so maybe wait til you get back in September? also, if you plan on applying for a Visa again, then perhaps I wouldnt do it....

I completely understand your anger though, it must be so frustrating...but just think about it, if you want to complain, then do it,but after you get back from the US or something.... Thats just something to think about, and the safer bet...

18. mac shell

mac shell New Member

OMG i actually cant beilve that! I got my visa on friday over at Belfast and I was panicing becuase i couldnt even remeber it asking me about this on the form and i spoke to hannah she told me to redo it but this was literally the day before and i didnt have time but i still got mines fine :s xx

19. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Yeah I got mine in London and I DEFINITELY never got asked the "education question" when I filled my form in online. I even called Yummy Jobs as I was concerned about not being asked (I read the guidance notes online) but they told me that some get it, some don't and that it's just a random thing!

I'm sorry you've been messed around so much, I hope you get things cleared up soon :)

20. disneydj

disneydj New Member

When I did the form online - it was at the time when it was being an absolute disaster - and after I'd done it, I got the email from the embassy saying about the education question and how important it was to fill it in.

SO - i went back online and redid the whole form, printed off the NEW confirmation page from it, and used that one instead of the one i'd done. This didn't matter as i'd paid the fee already so I was able to just do the whole thing again and chuck the other one in the bin! Excellent!

But yes i'm sorry to hear you were rejected, I hope you do alright when you go back!