Universal

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by AllyBallyBee, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

You can add me to the opportunity list...
    I'm not too sure as in our interview I could see them draw a box on each CV which is where I'm assuming they'd put a tick or cross or whatever. Then between interviews there was a gap of 10mins which is when I assume they made decisions seeing as they made little notes so they must have gone on gut reactions. Consequently, you'd think they'd be sure about who they're putting through although it's very odd that all of us on here are so far on the opportunity list :(

2. shaylaao

shaylaao New Member

Opportunity list too :p well that sucks :(

3. Expederest

Expederest New Member

I've found at least two people on Twitter who have got final interviews, so they're not putting everyone on the opportunity list (unless they misread the email)... Still, I'm hoping the cost of the trip has put a few people off having the final interview!

4. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hahahaha has any of us actually got an interview!? Haha

Sophie?

5. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Oh dear we're not doing too well on here :-[

6. bekka

bekka New Member

At least none of us have gotten rejected completely at this stage? I presume there's a no, and then there's an opportunity list right? Or am I wrong...

7. Pete04

Pete04 New Member

I can guarantee if everyone on the opportunity list got a final interview I'd be the only one that didn't, that's always how it is with me haha :(

Very strange how everyone on here got opportunity listed.

-Pete

8. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

aww don't think like that although to be fair, I'm not holding my chances as I doubt there will be many who cannot make the finals as it was known it advance when they'd be along with the potential costs so that won't put them off.
    So now, we wait some more i guess but good luck for anyone hasn't checked their email yet-may at least one person on here, get straight through :D

9. bekka

bekka New Member

I know I'm hoping one person gets through so I can be happy for someone hah!

10. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I got an email :eek: .....................

OPPORTUNITY LIST haha

I kinda wish i'd have checked this forum 1st cos i'm not gunna lie, when I read the email my heart sank and I died a little inside haha but now i'm reading through these posts and it's just like no way :/ there is no way that not 1 of us got an interview...lol!

btw does anybody have a tablet? Sorry I know it's off topic but I was just looking at a Kindle Fire instead of an Ipad and it looks pretty great! With a camera on it for Skyping whilst in America :D I just don't know much about them so need help :)

Let's just try and not think about the interviews, I agree with Bekka tbh I think they just haven't decided fully yet :)

11. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Welcome to the club Sophie! ;) And I have no idea of tablets vs. Ipads but being anti-Apple, I say Kindle ;)
    At least we're all in this together though so we're not alone. I am kind of hoping it is a case of they haven't fully decided so they thought they'd email that so they wouldn't be inundated with emails from people asking why they hadn't heard anything.
    I am just going with rejection though at the moment so I don't get my hopes up but fingers crossed for us all :)

12. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'd like to go with rejection but I can't help but feel it seems very strange that none of us even got rejected! (No offense haha but one of us should have got through or rejected surely!) So i'm going with they haven't decided yet :) Someone could always ask on the Yummy Jobs fb page and I bet lots of people would comment saying 'i'm on the waiting-list' or whatever, but i'm just gunna wait :p

Pete do you have contact details for the girl we met at Loughborough? Cos it would have been good to keep in touch and ask see if she got an interview :) x

13. bekka

bekka New Member

Haha uh-oh, anti-Apple ey? I used to work for Apple, I had to leave because of other commitments. I have an iPad, but I've actually heard fairly good things about the Kindle, although I know someone who just got one and had to get it fixed after 3 weeks. It really depends on what you wanna use it for, but I absolutely love my iPad hah.

Yeah, I'm going with not decided because it's making me feel better ;)

14. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Heyyyy.. I have an iPad too. Can't fault it. It goes everywhere with me. And I kinda cheat and hav e kindle app on it for books haha

Sorry I can't give an opinion on an actual kindle :)

15. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I want it for Skype and blogging whilst i'm abroad :) Something with a QWERTY keyboard not just touchscreen and needs to have a webcam so I can skype.. I've never been too fussed about tablets until I had to goto a press release and I took my 17" really heavy laptop and I was too embarassed to take it out when everyone was sat with ipads haha! I thought about how much easier it would be to just take that abroad instead of my laptop.. I remember working for Disney I took my laptop and it was so heavy to trail around the airport :/ x

16. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Looks like i am in the minority then, I think I'm one of the few who has absolutely no Apple products whatsoever and I intend to keep it that way. Don't worry, I won't hold it against you guys ;)

17. MikeyJD

MikeyJD New Member

Hey

I got a final interview at Liverpool and so did my two friends Gillian and Nicollete!

There seems to be a lot of people who have been put on an opportunity list.

Mikey x

18. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Well done-finally we can be happy for someone who got straight through! :D

19. shaylaao

shaylaao New Member

Well done Mikey! I'm really pleased for you, but I'm also scared now haha. Who's tumblrs have you seen that they got through on? I'd love to read it :)

20. Pete04

Pete04 New Member

Well done Mikey, happy for you! :)

-Pete