Under 21s

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by pinksparkles2, Dec 12, 2009.

1. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Please don't say its going to be crap because I'm under 21?! :(
    To be honest, whoever said it was crap just because they couldn't drink must be a bit of a loser.
    It's Disney World though! It is impossible for anything there to be crap!
    Righhtt?!?!
    xx

2. ariella

ariella New Member

Honestly, even if you are under 21 you will still have an amazing time. There is so much to do there. Like I was there 3 months and I didn't even accomplish everything I wanted to do. Within Disney itself there is so much to do, like just going to see a movie at the theatre at Downtown Disney or visiting all the different resorts. That's not even considering Universal, Sea World, Gatorland, the outlets, going to the beach, going to see baseball games or basketball games, lounging by the pool.

Even though I was over 21 when I did the ICP, me and my friends had fun playing Disney Scene It or watching movies. Yes, I did go to house parties and had drinks at the bar but I don't think it made my experience much more greater than someone who was under 21.

I would have done the ICP when I was 19 if I had known about it. It's that amazing of an experience :)

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I agree.... if you think not being able to drink is going to ruin working at Disney then that's a bit sad.... sorry :( There is so much else to do that you really don't think about the fact you aren't going out to get wasted, there are fireworks and shows, downtown disney, restaurants, cinemas, shopping etc etc to do at night time.... if you're not working that is!!

4. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Being there when I wasn't 19 was the problem area. You couldn't get into any of the clubs until you were 19 and I didn't turn 19 down there.

5. StevenC

StevenC New Member

from what iv heard based on past applicants n my friends that have been before... people seem to go out virtually everynight n its the best way to get to know every1 who is doing icp n the other programs outside of work.

so if ur going out all the time at night n not able to drink... its not gonna be too fun. lol

6. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

You don't need to drink to have fun! As an ICP you'll have the worst hours so you'll probably be working late most nights, if you're in MK then you'll be working until well after the bars and clubs close!

You'll find that most of the americans you meet doing the CP will be under 21 so they won't be able to drink either, and there'll be so many others under 21, it's the college program...most people in uni are under 21! You can still go to most of the bars and clubs and as catfish says, there are so many other things to do!

I would've done the ICP no matter what age i was!

7. SiY

SiY New Member

Because you need drink to enjoy Disney and living in Florida for a few months. ??? ???

I'll be 21 but it's not the first thing that comes into my head of things to do while i'm there.

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I don't need to drink to have fun, but it would have been nice to be old enough to go to the clubs!