UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I've print screened it and everything! Applications don't close til the 6th of Septemeber! Will they let us know before then if we've made it through to phone interviews, or do they wait til the closing date to let us know? x

2. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You should get an email confirming your application and it tells you that you'll 'recieve a response no later than 17th September 2010, approximately two weeks after this seasons closing date of September 6th 2010.'

:D

3. Kimthecoolone

Kimthecoolone New Member

OMG The waiting time for you guys is sooooo long! I wonder why that is? ???

I applied in the Jan and found out within 2-3 weeks that I had a Phone Interview, then again 2 weeks later that I had a F2F Interview and found out that I had been offered a place on the 26th February! Less than 2 months after the original application deadline date!

My whole process took place in the time it will take you all the find out about just the Phone Interview. There must be so many more people applying in the summer!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! YOU'LL ALL DO CRACK A LACKIN! ;D

4. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I know!! Thank you so much for your help btw! Managed to get my letter sorted!! :D Now Just have to wait until Sep. :S I'm getting good at the waiting game - Coventry Uni are super slow at releasing exam results this year. :S

5. Kimthecoolone

Kimthecoolone New Member

DUDE! I go to COV UNI! OMG! Well I'm on my Year Abroad but yeah...I go there! ;D

6. natbo92

natbo92 New Member

applied, its just time to wait now

7. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

OMG! No Way!! What are the chances!?? Wow!! :D The following news may come as a bit of a shock: Lava Ignite/Ikon has closed down. :S

8. Kimthecoolone

Kimthecoolone New Member

OOOOMMMMGGGG! What the frig did they do that for! I used to go there every wednesday night!! It will always be Ikon for me! I'm soooo sad now! :mad: :'(

9. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Me too! Ikon Wednesdays were like my religion! Lol. They changed the Dj and the new one was a bit pants so the club went a bit downhill I think. Rumour has it ministry of Sound is taking over tho. But it's just the collie or the SU atm. I've prob bumped into you on the dancefloor a few times. Lol.

10. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

got my uni results eventually ;Dand have just applied fingers crosses

11. natbo92

natbo92 New Member

good luck to everyone that has applied

12. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Good luck! Hope you got what you wanted! I get mine tomorrow (probably should have waited till then to apply but never mind ::) )

13. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

good luck everyone ;D

guys,your results from uni wont have any negative or positive effect on your application, having a degree isnt a requirement of the program so dont worry about it!

i really hope they start to look at the applications and start to get intouch with people before september tho, i think they will- i cant see them just letting the applications all pile up and then start having to trawl through them all at once, it would make more sense to review a few every few weeks....... but who knows how they are going to do it?!

14. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

That's what I'm hoping! I'm going crazy already!

15. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

i know,i keep checking my email just incase they have sent me anything (stupid i know seeing as its not even been a week since i applied yet!!!!) I *think* they may start to get intouch after a month or so,that would be my guess anyway. i reallllllllly hope so,september is AGES away!!!!!

16. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I know I was wondering about that. Problem is, what if they start rejecting people now and then only get rubbish applications in the last month? Or vice versa? Maybe they could reject the definate 'no's and tell all the definite 'yes's that they have phone interviews sooner, and then leave the 'maybe's until the end to see what comes up...

Who knows! All I know is, I'm blinkin impatient already so this is gonna be a loooong couple of months!!

17. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

good look for yours i got a 2.2 was pretty shocked as i thought i'd totally messed up my final exam

18. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Ooh, I like this idea - this sounds pretty reasonable. And will help a few of us applicants as well as YJ. :D

19. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Well the last time I applied (way back in 2008!) The applications were in June and we didn't find out until September too, I reckon it will be a lot of waiting!

20. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

:-\

yeah it could be a very long wait.........

keeping my fingers crossed that we hear something before september still tho......

12 weeks to go!