UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

they have updated the site since last night - they have added that applications close on 6th September....... its going to be a LONG wait to even hear about phone interviews then........

2. meerah89

meerah89 Member

woooah that was quick lol! 'congratulations you have applied!'

and now for more waiting haha

3. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Ooh, just seen this! I'll head over to FB now! Lol.

APPLIED!!! Eeek! Gosh - September!? Wowzers! I was hoping telephone interviews and what not would of been in process by then...

4. Ricey

Ricey New Member

whoooo applied too!!

5. Ricey

Ricey New Member

I hope they start the process before then....thats a life time away.....I'm sure last time I applied they got back to me in a few weeks!

6. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

if they dont close the applications untill the 6th they wont be intouch before then. I just got the confirmation email and it says to expect to hear from them 2 weeks after applications close..........

Good luck everyone!!!! :D

7. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Roll on September 20th. :S

8. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

September!!! :O Wooooaaah... it's gonna be a long wait then!

9. meerah89

meerah89 Member

we'll just have to keep ourselves occupied until then lol

well again good luck to you all...i'll probably speak to you on facebook or here before september though, find me under sameerah mouti (i'm the only one)

good luck xx

10. AnnaBell

AnnaBell New Member

Good luck to you all who have applied today :)
    x

11. Lois21

Lois21 New Member

Hey everyone :) I can't believe i've only just come across this forum, i've been searching about the programme for months.

I'm 20 years old live in south of England, Have been working as an Administration assistant for 6years and have had part time roles in customer service :).

I tried to apply in January but was too late so just applied today - I think i went a bit mad i applied online, post and emailed hannah haha.

I'm worried as application doesn't close until 6th September so you won't find out until 20th Sept. I'm away 6th-27th Sept actually in Florida for some of it. Really don't want to miss the interview if i get one.

12. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

I wonder if YJ peeps read these forums and are amused by our "stressing out" posts. I was hoping the CV submission stage would have helped me to feel less stressed out. Lol. Its hard when you know that you have to wait such a long time for something you really really want and also when you feel that the odds are against you getting it from the start due to the high numbers applying. Good luck everyone - I know we all really really really want this! :D

13. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

I wouldn't worry, if you get a e-mail inviting you to a phone interview, we were able to choose our timeslots via the website - and for January they were just over a week and a half long, I believe that the summer applications are often longer, so hopefully there will be more choice of dates to choose for the phone interviews.

If your still worried, then e-mail Hannah closer to the time and just let her know - they are really accomodating so I wouldn't worry :)

Good luck everyone!!!!

14. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

dont worry,they will email back to set up telephone interviews after the applications close and they have got intouch with people to tell them they havent go thru so i dont think the phone interviews will be till early october to be honest and then face to face i assume will be novemeber/december.....

15. Lois21

Lois21 New Member

Ah ok thank you :)

16. elisaaa

elisaaa New Member

Just applied!
    the waiting is gonna drive me insane though!
    good luck to everyone who's applied/applying :)

17. Lois21

Lois21 New Member

Good Luck everyone :) Reading all the information is making me so excited :D I want it so bad :( fingers crossed for everyone :)

18. sam88

sam88 New Member

Hi everyone, I've been a bit behind the times and only realised the programme was reopening a couple of days ago lol. I'm just tidying up my cv and i'm really struggling with the objective statement (i'm used to applying for jobs in conservation and habitat management, but haven't had much luck there lol), I was just wondering if anybody could help me out with it ???

19. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

sam you need to put across the reasons why you want to work at disney, what makes you an ideal candidate, what you can bring to the program and what you want to gain from it, the skills and qualities you have that make you perfect for the job etc
    you have to really put across how enthusiastic you are and why you want to go! best advice i can give is just be as honest as you can - think about why you want to go and what you hope to gain from it etc

Good luck!!! :)

20. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Eeeeeeee I've just applied! My cover letter was basically me just going 'please please please please PLEEEEEEASE let me work for Disney again' though not put quite like that LOL. I'm waiting to hear the outcome of my Disney Cruise Line interview now! :-\

Good luck everyone! Now the waiting begins.