U.K August 2009 Applicants

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Lauralaura21

Lauralaura21 New Member

I wish that I could rewind to March 22 and spend the entire week preparing for the April 1st face to face interview I had with Disney :(

2. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

Hey guys ..... ya know it doesn't seem that long agao since January when I got a rejected, so I know how yucky it is. It always seems so much more harsh because its clear how much people really wanna get out there.

My advice is not to give up - you'll be amazed how quick the next recruitment window rolls around - and just keep at it.

3. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

this is odd that the people i thought would get a interview, haven't.

i emailed them explaining my situation (that i no longer wished to be considered) and got an email back saying that my application has been cancelled. i then got one saying that i had been unsuccessful. even though i was no longer applying. lol. kinda wished i hadn't emailed them cancelling - it might put them off next time! xoxoxoxoxxxxxxx

4. Mallz

Mallz New Member

I doubt it's because we use the forums. if it is we have a very strong discrimination case hahahahaha

on another note. People should get a tumblr.com account and follow me

http://mallz.tumblr.com/

5. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

we should get a whaaaa? lol

6. Mallz

Mallz New Member

it's like a blog thing, people post cute and funny things on aswell.

my friends have it so i signed up, it's cool

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I do know that Yummy are aware of the forum so it wouldn't surprise me if they read some of the posts, but they won't discriminate purely because we write on here. I think it's just a bit of a coinkydink to be honest

8. Scottishwoody

Scottishwoody New Member

Hey folks, sorry to hear that some of you didn't get a phone interview.

I only just sent my application today, hope it does me well ;D

9. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

sooo rejected grrr

10. my ears were burning!

11. RyanGillam

RyanGillam New Member

I doubt I will apply again. Spent days slaving away on cv and cover letter thought I hadit perfect enough for a phone interview but I guess not. It's really disheartning as I really don't know what to do that will make it better for next window. So I am sad to say that I have to give up on my dream of the last 10 years. Good luck to all of those that got phone interviews and good luck in the future :) have tons of fun if you get to go!

12. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

Hey guys!

I got a phone interview email from Michele today, only just checked at like 00.30 lol!! whoo!! get to go thru the whole process agen haha!! but i no what to expect this time so i can pull out all the stops and convince them to ship me out there to serve harry ramsdons fish and chips :) hehe!! congratz to everyone who got an interview, gutted for all u guys who got a refusal!! dnt give up, and there is always ICP too, which is shorter but can be a lot easier to get on!!! xx

13. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Well i guess my dream is over for now!!! oh well i'll never give up however soon yummy jobs will be so sick of my aplication they will have to send me out there ;D!!! sorry for all you guys who didn't get an interview too bummer and for everyone who did good luck i'm sure you will love it!!!!

14. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Yea im not gonna give up either , i think beeing refused is just gonna push me harder to get it to be honest.

yea, they will be getting sick of me contacting them so will gve me a place just to shut me up haha :)

i think all of us that got refused should all mass email/call them to annoy them until we get given a place ;) lol

15. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

Ryan, i felt the same after I got rejected - I was sure I wouldn't apply again .... but you'll be amazed how quickly January comes around. It's definitely worth trying again, just because you weren't lucky this time it doesn't mean you wont be next time. I can guarantee if you don't reapply you'll regret it if you give up now.

16. alex_wallington

alex_wallington New Member

I dont think writing posts on here makes a difference at all. When I was applying for my first programme, Iwas writing on here all the time, just this time round unfortunately I dont have the access to the internet that I used to so I dont get to chat with you all... I cant remember what the statistic was but a friend told me that a ridiculous amount of people like 10's of thousands applied for the last CRP and they hardly recruited anyone.... its very disheartening!!!

But guys, please dont give up!! you all seem very passionate about doing this so just keep at it....

I am sorry I dont get to post on here so much.... I miss getting to know all the Disney peeps!!! I will try harder to get on here!!!

Much love xxxx

17. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

Thats what I think. I don't think us writing on here will effect our applications in anay way. They must be looking through loads and loads of CV's at the min so its just unfortunate some are not what they are looking for this time round. I havn't had any e-mail as yet. Don't think it's anything to with on here because I think they will like the fact people are getting to no one another etc. Keep positive everyone!!!! Always apply again, like someone said....Disney isn't going anywhere!!!!!

18. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I'd say log in to your yummy jobs profile and check the contact details. I think everyone has been contacted now... just double check :)

19. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

Just checked but there all right. I put it on the application as well as my CV so they have got my details. Ill just wait and see. xxx

20. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

Did u get a phone interview holly???