Timeline of preparation

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Why do we have to get flexi tickets?

2. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

There should be no issue with visas in terms of booking a fixed date return, you don't need to tell the US embassy your flight arrangements, its just more for peace of mind, and any unexpected changes that its advised for. So for example if you were fired and required to leave within 48hrs you could do this without major hassle and expense, or if you made a group of friends while out there who you'd like to go see another city with at the end of your trip you wouldn't be fixed on your return flight arrangements. Its advised by them, but in no way compulsory or enforcable. You've got to weigh up the risks, flexibility and cost of the different options over which ticket type you buy. One thing I woud advise is to go on a direct flight with others (pretty much all direct flights on the major departure dates will have others on) so you get to know a few people for the settling in period, but don't wory if you're not (it can be cheaper if you go indirect). Plus obviously there's all you guys on here to be friends with.

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thanks for clarifing that. i got a bit scared as they kept saying flexi ticket. I wil be getting a return as i am staying fo a holiday afterwards so i know the date i will be coming back.

4. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Ah thanks so much, I was really confused about that!

I think I'm gonna stick with a return, as I won't be travelling afterwards due to lack of money, and I think my parents are coming out to visit me so if they come at the end I'll fly back with them.