THE INTERVIEW!!!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Freckles, Nov 10, 2008.

1. vik

vik New Member

yeah you can definately go watch what happens backstage, like job shadow the parade team, as it it really is unbelievably interesting!

2. ginabella

ginabella New Member

oh okay! thats really interesting! might do that, would love to do parades.
    are people that do them, nice?!

3. vik

vik New Member

yeah all the entertainment managers were lovely. its a shame attendant isn't available cos then you could ask to be put on parades where they basically just walk along with the parade!
    to change the subject slightly, im 5'3 and i know that makes me chipmunk height but by the looks of things they're only looking for mouse height and uber tall ppl so do you think i should select it anyway?x

4. ginabella

ginabella New Member

yeah! theres no harm in asking!! thats why i put it down, and because yuve been before you can say that you know what they go thru cos you've dressed htem, and yu no what yu can be for yur height, etc etc. go for it! how many chances do you get!! hehehe!

5. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Yes definately! There's loads of munk height characters - far as I'm aware (and def if you can "be" 5'2") you can do einsteins and most of the playhouse characters - and theres looooads of them needed over at studios which is like munk height mecca

And Roger thought I would be too tall to do donald don't trust everything he says. Can't speak for michelle didn't talk to her at all.

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

attractions is my second aswell

7. ariella

ariella New Member

Ginabelle-That really sucks because of your height you probably can't get character! I'm 5'6-5'7 so I guess I'm in the same boat and shouldn't put character performer as my #1 choice. I've been going back and forth between attractions and character performer as my #1 choice.

I hope everyone hears soon!

8. ginabella

ginabella New Member

I put it first cos i figured, i only get to do this once (seeing as im graduating) so i might as well go for it, and if they cant give it to me they'll give me something else!!

9. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

There's characters for most all heights, just not a big demand for certain ones! I know for sure my height (5'4-5'5ish) is slim pickin's for fur... but it'll be my number one choice in any case. Why not go for it, right? Heee! I'm not sure what the deal is for internationals and face though - during the food and wine festival actually, a cast member who knew Cinderella really well chatted with me while I waited for some great Maple Creme Brulee, and she was from Toronto. I don't know if she was on the college program or else a different program, but she was definately a Canadian in a prominent best friends spot with Cindy (Cinderella in the Dreams Come True advertisements!). She was so stunning, too. I am totally star struck with Cindy types, so gorgeous :O

My second choice will be attractions, with a pretty please towards Haunted Mansion. If I couldn't do Entertainment I would LOVE to work as a ghostie in the Mansion! Or a bell hop in the tower :D

10. ariella

ariella New Member

True, we should go for it. I'll always wonder 'what if' if I don't. That is interesting about the Cinderella though. I do remember reading somewhere that Disney does come to Toronto for general auditions for characters and performers, I think it's in June so I think there is a chance, outside of ICP, for Canadians to be performers. I was thinking of auditioning once I'm done school.

I want to work at the Haunted Mansion too! I love their costumes so much, and it is my favourite ride. Hopefully we have all those options when it comes time for our interviews :)

11. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I just had a horrible dream that my interviewer had told me I couldnt be a character and I called some woman called Kate who was apologetic but said there really was no way

Uuuhh glad I woke up!
    Lots of nasty dreams last night!

12. vik

vik New Member

aw hun that sounds awful....i too am constantly plagued by dreams of rejection!

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

day dreams of rejection for me. i hope i dont hear back today...cos that would instantly feel like i had been rejected.

i cant wait to find out. eeep!

14. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

good luck to all those who are waiting to hear back! Sure you'll all have done great :)
    I'm still waiting for my interview, its not for a couple of weeks. I'm wondering when we'd hear, I bet it won't be til after Christmas, which is a bit lame,but hopefully/possibly worth it!
    Any tips for interview? x

15. Freckles

Freckles Guest

smile and be yourself! best advice i was given and i hope it has paid off!

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I have rejection day dreams a lot, its not good for me. eek!

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I have rejection dreams too :(
    but mainly that everyone laughs.
    Interested aside, discovered the other day that someone I've known over a year has done the ICP a couple of times! Random or what!
    It was 2 weeks today - I'll focus on finding out next week still tho - then it's a suprise if it comes early!
    But jump a MILE when I see I have an email - it's never from them, only someone like ebay. ach!!
    xx

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im hoping they email rather than ring as its such a busy week! i was checking my emails so much today!

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Same, i dont know how i would cope with a phone call, probs to nervous or scared to say anything, haha.

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i was ok when michelle called out of the blue. it helped not recognising the number lol.