THE INTERVIEW!!!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Freckles, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Kevus

Kevus New Member

i also think the closer you live the later the interview... or i noticed that over the years, yeah if you listen for the other name you could figure out the person you are with

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

ahh right, or end up asking people when their interview is, well i like 4 hours away so if thats how it works then ill be first, haha.

3. KC

KC New Member

I wouldn't count on it...

My last interview, in Birmingham... I had flown over from Ireland (about 280 miles or so from Cork to Birmingham!) and I was still only third or fourth in line for the interviews!

I don't even want to think about where the first few people had come from! :-\

4. vik

vik New Member

aah limit roles availible for costuming? what does that mean?

5. KC

KC New Member

Probably that there's limited roles ;) :D

My guess is that there's not many positions available in costuming so they're making it clear that it might be harder to get than, say, QSF&B or Merch...

6. vik

vik New Member

thats a bit of a weird one to have limited roles for, i mean when i was there i was one of 6 costuming cp's in the whole of the magic kingdom! and, might i add, the only one from outside the USA!

7. KC

KC New Member

I'd call that limited roles, definately!

8. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Eeeek I am so excited! Should we still fill out the forms then for what roles we want? Or just leave it until we get there?

9. KC

KC New Member

As far as I know, the role checklist can change all the way up to the day of your interview, so you might want to hold off a little while and just do it on the day. Obviously, it helps to think about what you want to choose beforehand, but you probably don't need to fill out the form till interview time!

10. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

well, they gave us another one when we got there, that was different! so even if you've done one, they'll still give you one!

and although they read out who you'll be interviewing with, I wasn't interviewed with them! I was read out twice! and then they altered another girls interview time, so I was with someone completely different, who arrived about 2 minutes before (she lived in Liverpool!) but she was really nice!
    I talked to so many random people, I wouldn't like to have to choose who gets in and who doesn't!!!
    xx

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I know, they must just want to hire everyone sometimes. I wonder how they decide who gets in or not if everyone is equally good.

12. Freckles

Freckles Guest

The costuming they just pointed it out so you were made aware. apparently there are laods going in attractions this year.

it is unfair on london people that roles have been given but they must know what they are doing.

I didnt decide until two minutes before i went as to what i wanted to do role wise. it helped deciding after the presentation as i changed my mind from character to attendant..then realised it wasnt ther and went for attractions!

if you are in a hurry you can have a word with yummyjobs before the email via email, phone or when you get there and they will move your interview forward. but i think they will only do it if its for university purposes.

they said they have ruled out thousands already via the phone and cv stages. so this is kinda a spot check thing i think.

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh thats quite good to know but thats a shame for those going to london, but they probably will have worked it out so they arent disadvantaged in anyway. Do you know if anyone was told on the day? or do they not do that, they may do that for London though?

14. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

If they are doing it this way they have probably allocated each location a set number of places or something.
    At least they arent going to make people wait over a month for the result!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, thats quite good. I wonder how many people are actually going to Aberdeen cause i cant imagine it been a very large amount of people.

16. vik

vik New Member

hmm they must have a system like aim for x amount of attractions today and x amount of character performers then like like aim to accept x% of all the people there...
    Really, thousands? thats very interesting! i guess a lot of people might apply then never really follow it up as well...
    I suppose it was limited for costuming last year now i think about it, its just a bit odd as they never mentioned it last year. strange one to be limited as well, as not many people really want to do it seeing as you're not on stage.

I have a month til my interview and i am SO anxious about it!

Best of luck to everyone who is about to have theirs or has had theirs today or yesterday!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Did they say anything about character performer cause i would love that position, hehe.

Attractions is second for me, and i have stated on my CV that i have a drivers license, woohoo!

Btw talking about the CV, they ask for updated one, i have one but i have my objective on it for why i wanted to be on the program and that, do you think that is ok to have on it, as that was what was on it when i sent it to yummyjobs?

18. vik

vik New Member

yeah thats what im doing and what i did last year, as long as its not like 1000 words on why you'd like to work at Disney lol! (cos i would totally be able to write that!)

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

yeah, i left mine on! in fact, my cv didn't change at all from the one i submitted as i didn't have anything to add!
    and they do read it there, me and the girl i was interviewed with were both asked questions on it!
    im sure they have some sort of system for allocating things so no-one is disadvantaged!

thousands have been weeded out already? that's suprising, i didn't think there would be that many! tho i suppose some people won't have followed it up - i wonder how many sent back their confirmation too late and didn't get a f2f?
    hopefully they'll love us tho - there really is nothing to take my mind off it today - evapotranspiration just isn't the same!!
    good luck to everyone today, yesterday, friday etc!!!
    xx

20. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Yeah, I suppose if we've got through this far we have a decent chance of getting all the way (I pray anyways). Glad you reminded me on my CV, just started a new job this last week so need to update it. The good thing is I finish the job on the 13th of June so that's good timing.