Summer ICP 2010

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by merfsko, May 6, 2009.

1. elliot23

elliot23 New Member

Well done everyone who got into uni!!
    i got in too :) :) so am gona finish off my app and send it tomorrow if my head doesn't hurt too much!
    where is everyone going?and what to do?

2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Yay! I guess I will be seeing you next year in that case ;D Loads of my friends have had their accomodation through already, but I applied pretty late so I doubt I'll know for a while. I've updated my CV but I think I'll have to wait until I get back off holiday to apply :(

3. smudger

smudger New Member

Conflabulations to all who got into uni hope you all got all the results you wanted and hey one step closer to disney :)

4. jdavies

jdavies New Member

thanks everyone ;D

i know danielle i done my late to i havent had any accomidation through yet! and do u know when we move up there cause i havent got a clue

;D

5. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I got mine through earlier, I'm in Talybont North House Y. And we move in between the 16th and 21st of September :)

6. jdavies

jdavies New Member

i just been on the cardiff residences website and it hasnt been accepted yet and still in the process of being allocated somewhere. i really hope i get into one of the talybonts.... :(

fingers crossed

7. jdavies

jdavies New Member

I have applied. now let the waiting game begin ;D
    good luck everyone thats applied ::) ;D ;)

8. hevzzz

hevzzz New Member

good luck to you too :)

9. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

ohhh i finally got the email saying i'm getting a phone interview in the next 4 weeks :) Yay!

10. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

hey guys! i'm Lucy from Monterrey, Mexico! I'll be applyin for the summer program as well!

I just got back from the summer program this year and cant wait to get back! its such an AMAZING experience!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :)

11. jdavies

jdavies New Member

omg how so early? where are u from cause when i sent my application in it said they wont be looking at applications until mid september ;D

12. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

i'm from canada :) I applied through yummy jobs. now I just have to wait for the call....

13. carolynneamber

carolynneamber New Member

Good luck everyone!

I did this a few years ago and it was awesome.

Just wanted to send my best wishes!

x

14. michelle.e.

michelle.e. New Member

anyone hear about the F2F yet???

15. hevzzz

hevzzz New Member

okay it's officially september, this month we'll be hearing from yummyjobs!

16. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

omg cant believe 2010 ICP process are upon us, i did it back in 2008, I was a character and frikkin loved it, I hope its another option for you guys, it is a great job! A lot of people don't know about it until they get to the interview, Its so worth it!! Best job ive ever done, you are like a celebrity for a summer haha, but u have to endure warm ups, and hot costumes and brazillain tourist groups! haha! OH AND DINING! nightmare haha! but i frikkin loved it, was off 3 days a week as well...but the shifts are long, but u are only on set for 20 mins off for 40 or in dining ure on set for 30-40 mins then off for another 40 mins sumtimes an hour haha! Im off to disney on the 6th of december to do CRP for the year!!! so if you make it out there stay in touch and come visit me at rose and crown!! ^_^

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

OK - after lots of Cv editing, minor panic about not being able to open it after it uploaded (eternal thanks to my marginally more computer geeky mother for fixing it!) - I finally applied to return next summer!!!
    feels very surreal though, as I'm still in the USA after finishing my contract on friday.... this time last week I still had one more shift!
    So my email (very poorly grammaticated!) said we would be contacted from mid-september about furthering it.... so nervous already!!!

And Lucy - I saw you on the VIP bus and the A bus a couple of times in your stylish toony-town costume - but you didn't see me I don't think! Us colonials kind of blend into the background....
    hope you get in again!!! :D

And so the waiting game begins again...... :S
    xx

18. lucy_elizondo88

No way Katie!!! Awww u should have said something! I always loved meetin ppl from here! Haha i actually sometimes just stalked ppl on the buses and was like I KNOW U FROM SOMEWHERE RIGHT!? WDWIP.COM!?!?! hahahaha so many ppl from here! But yeah! i'll defo see u next summer then! Can't wait to be back in Orlando!

And yes... My toonie costume was very very sexy! I was very proud of it! Hahahaha :p

19. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

Yo people. I'm Roddy and I got back from the summer ICP 09 in August and I've already applied to go back again next year!
    I worked in what is a job that people don't actually realise that you are able to do: I was an unsher in Cirque du Soleil in Downtown Disney. Its also probably the most relaxed job on property (and I heard that said by full timers!). The job actually comes under Main Entrance Operations and it's awesome. I saw the show almost every night the whole summer. Its also one of a few jobs with a clockwork schedule, always being off Sunday and Monday.

Anyone who was there this summer probably saw me if they didn't know me (Hi Katie! I'll stay for longer next summer, I promise) with my squinty baseball caps and long shorts, particularly the red tartan pair with zips and patches all over them.

Piece of advice: do all your shopping in the first few weeks! Don't waste 2 hours every week on the walmart bus. Buy everything you'll need for the first few weeks on the first night, then the next few weeks about half way through the programme.

20. lucy_elizondo88

Haha I saw u a few times on the Vista Way bus stop Roddy looking very punk rock haha... dunno if i ever said hi?

Anyway! I'm sure we'll all get a chance to meet next summer! ;)