Suit and Shoes

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Freckles, Oct 13, 2008.

1. urock

urock New Member

aj2721 i know how u feel i some times shop in durham n getting back up that hill after a day a shopping kills me.
    sarah

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Glasgow can be quite bad for hills, but the station is down hill so its good on the way their from uni cause you dont have any strength to walk up a hill, i wouldnt bother getting a taxi from uni to the train station either cause it would be a waste of money and take twice as long due to the one way system which i have yet to try out, haha.

I hate taxis and they do cost a bomb where i stay. I only get them when im coming home from a night out and no one can pick me up.

3. One tip with taxis in America is to make sure that you tell them how much you are willing to pay. Especially if you didn't book the taxi but used one that was already waiting in the proximity. We had a case when it cost us around $8 to get from Chatham to Walmart but then cost us nearly $20 to get back again. Also remember to make sure that they actually know where the complex is as sometimes, especially those who don't speak very good english, will think that you are looking for a hotel. There was one time when a taxi driver had been driving for around 20 mins before he finally admitted that he was lost and didn't know where Chatham Square was

4. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Luckily there aren't too many hills in Florida, its the flattest state in the USA - Just the occasional 'mountain'!

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

lol thats cool, must remember to do that with the taxis. we got quite a few last year, the most fun was going to ripley's, the cab driver was telling us all the best places to go!

oh on the note of what we can wear: what are disney like with stuff on your wrists for work? I wear a magnetic bracelet and i am guessing i probably wont be ablet ot wear it to work (even though it has loads of flags on it).

6. vik

vik New Member

all they allow is for a watch and they're pretty strict because otherwise it will conflict wuth your costume. wokring backstage in costuming is a little different because obviously no one sees you so its a bit more relaxed like i had a friend who wore a sweatband on her wrist to cover up her tattoo and it was ok cos it was black and plain but rules are rules and some managers will still be strict about it

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh well, do they allow you to wear chains round your neck?

I dont think i would wear a watch cause i feel time goes faster when you are not constantly looking at the time.

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ah ok fair enough. i can wear it in my sock. was just wondering.

9. vik

vik New Member

nope. you're really not allowed anything except a wedding ring. i used to wear a jesus band type thing on my wrist but i took it off for disney and i havent put it back on since...Disney have turned me into a atheist! lol

10. I wore a crucifix though only when I was wearing a t-shirt under my shirt. I also wore a ring on each hand which no one seemed to have any problems with.

11. Kevus

Kevus New Member

depending on your role a watch is vital, custodial's need it for trash runs and parade duty, attendants HAVE to wear one at all time because of the time characters are out, im not sure about merch or others but its a popular question asked

12. vik

vik New Member

i think if your onstage, it always helps to wear a watch just in case a guest asks you the time (and no, you cant use your mobile lol!)

13. Yeh I always wore a watch. 'What time is it' or 'When is the next parade' are often asked questions and you need to know what time it is to answer both. As long as your watch is business style then they don't mind too much. They don't like really wide straps though. One of my friends Matt had to change his because he had a wide leather band as a part of his watch.

14. vik

vik New Member

i got away with a massive chunky watch, but then i was backstage the whole time

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont plan on wearing much anyway other than my costume if i get out there.

16. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ah im hoping the bioflow will be ok then. it will just look like im wearing two watches, though my watch at the moment is a football where you push a button and it flicks up to show the time...but it attaches to my jeans.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

bioflow?

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

its the magnetic bracelet. my mum sells them. it helps with my knees and headaches.

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh wow, that sounds interesting.

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

yeah they are handy. some people dont beleive int hem but i say its better than taking a ton of paracetamol or constantly wearing supports. all it does is increase the amount of oxygen your red blood cells can take on which allows the toxins that cause pain to be flushed out of the system quicker. though you have to drink a lot of water.