Suit and Shoes

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Freckles, Oct 13, 2008.

1. I bought mine from Reebock cos we get 20% discount in there. Yeh you can wash them , I was just too lazy to do it. mine stunk so much cos they got rediculously wet during tropical storm fay (which was no worse than today really) when fantasy land flooded and we had to go wading with our manager to unblock all the drains which you will learn there aren't many of.

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Awww, hehe!
    Do they have to be black?
    I may be buying them out there then if its 20%. But i dont think i like any of the black reebok trainers. im so fussy when it comes to trainers, i wear lonsdale trainers which are slip on or velcro. But i will find a pair. I thought disney provided you with shoes for working!

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

oo how did you get the discount? I am personally an umbro fan. though that could be cos they gave me arond £100 free stuff when i did a project about a tournament i was in. they were great, got to go round the offices and everything.

i havent had velcro in ages, htough my shoes keep coming undone recently so maybe i should go back to it lol.

4. you just use the disney id card which you get. You aren't really allowed velcro shoes. They have to be laced shoes.

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I saw a nice black pair of shoes in Nike yesterday, they were cracken.

6. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ooo i do like a discount!

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I love discount, there a discount convention at our uni next week with loads of designer wear up to 70% off. woohoo!

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i also love a vicount...i will have to raid lidl for those.

no fair! we dont get those. we jsut get cheap alcohol at the nights out.

9. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

college bars are great for nights out, although sometimes it's actually bad, as I found out last night, because you suddenly find you can get twice as much alcohol for the same price...oops!

I love getting discounts, especially when you aren't expecting it. The joys of being a student!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yep, i got 30% discount in the officers club, basically cos i work there, hehe!

But i spend a lot of money cause i have expensive taste.

11. Charli

Charli New Member

Shame about them bing plain black, I have black trainers...they just have pink bits!

Do you think a brand/style like Vans would be ok? I've been having a hard time finding COMFY trainers (I'm a dolly shoes kinda girl) but Vans are the most comfortable trainers/shoes I have had in my LIFE! I was devastated when they finally gave up their fight for life!!

12. Freckles

Freckles Guest

vans are awesome! i had some converses like them..wore them out walking round disney and uni!

im sure they would beok if they were plain.

13. It will depend on what role you have. I know that Custodial and sometimes F&B have to be black, leather, and non slip so you can't wear Vans but some of the other roles may be different. TBH you will find out properly when you get out there and have your first orientation class.

14. vik

vik New Member

yeah they aways say to not buy your work shoes until you get out there anyway because you never know what might be required. i wouldn't take some you already have anyway because after a summer of hard labour in them, they're going to be well worn out! plus you can buy white or black trainers from wal mart from like $7
    also trainers are heavy in suitcases, trust me!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I will be taking two pairs of trainers over i think. Last year going on holiday i took 2 pairs of trainers and a pair of shoes, and then i ended up coming back with 6 pairs of shoes/trainers/boots altogether, hehe.
    I love my trainers!

16. vik

vik New Member

well im a weak girl who can barely handle one laptop bag, let alone 2 massive suitcases!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Hehe, i dont get what it says on my airlines website, its virgin, and says 23kg, is that for each suitcase or both of them together?

I will be taking two pieces of hand luggage as well as two suitcases, cause ill have my laptop with me and then just my travelbag with docs and stuff.

18. urock

urock New Member

23 kg per bag. i think it was 6/7 kg for hand luggage with virgin i fly once a year with them to orlando.

19. vik

vik New Member

yeah thats the norm, my friend was WAY overweight on virgin with one bag being over 30k on the way home! my other friend somehow managed to get away with travelling home with a laptop bag, a handbag, a mini suitcase and a poster roll as well as her 2 suitcases!
    i always fly with virgin, last year one of the ba flights that was going via new york was delayed and they ended up getting there a day late!btw disney dont mind if that happens, just as long as you let them know (they giv you a number)

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thats cool. ive looked on the calendar and we fly out on a sunday (those going on the 21st) im guessing that first week will be pretty intense, heck maybe even the first day!

im flying virgin, they are great and after watching teh dispatches documentary on channel 4 i wont be flying with BA any time soon.

im looking to take one suitcase out there, then buying clothes there as and when i need them. im guessing there are laundrettes and stuff to do washing.

i will be constantly sending parcels home full of stuff. i have my orders to get a mickey jedi statue and a stitch cookie jar!