still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I just need to know now. We just came so close to booking our flights to La La Land in May, they are ridiculously cheap on BA at the moment, but in the end my mum decided not to risk it- it's a lot of money to lose. I know Hannah told us not to put our lives on hold, but it's hard not to.

2. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Aww i know the feeling,i have excepted that my life i on hold until i get off the list or find out we have to apply again. ???
    Its a stressful situation. is it the end of next month that the waitlist finishes...? i cannot quite remember
    xxx

3. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Not sure :S

They said it could be after march 31st that we might hear but that would mean the waitlist is not going to officially end on that day? I wonder if towards the end of the month they'll give us a clearer date as to whether we should continue to wait or apply again.

4. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

she mentioned to me that we will be allowed to re-apply in june.So i wonder if it will be extended till then but obviously hopefully we would all get of before then.but who knows. :)
    i find the weekend hard as they cant get back to us and the weeks filled with a mixture of anxiety,excitment and disappointment all enrolled into one.
    x

5. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I was under the impression that the next lot of interviews will be in June and that if we didn't get off the list, although the current apps have closed, Disney will make an exception and let us reapply, and possibly interview in June. That was how I understood my convo with Hannah. The latest we are gonna hear is April, and I reckon it will be early April- purely based on the Canadians hearing about their interview results around the end of March.

6. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

ah i see! oh dear,thats rather nerve wrecking! lets hope for this month we get off :)

7. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Yeah she said we weren't guaranteed to get to interviews so I assume we'd have to go through the whole process again. So it must have to be early april at the latest that they'd tell us whether or not we should reapply. So, few more weeks at the most!

8. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

crikey yeah,so true now considering it. last year they sent out bulk email giving round 3-5 a date. itll be interesting to see how it pans out this yr.

9. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Yess it is all very nerve racking! The hardest part is I don't know how high our chances are. One day I will feel very positive and then next will be very down about it. Just a few weeks now which doesn't seem possible because we have been waiting so long now but we really don't have long now...

Thank God! ;D

10. Dandan

Dandan New Member

I hope we do get off soon, preferably before I have to go to this uni interview! It would be horrible to know we've waited for all these months for a place and then for the new interview cycle to begin - it's would be like, hello, we're still here!! All you guys strike me as uber intelligent, lovely and passionate Disneyfied people who would be an asset to them, so fingers crossed they don't pass us by.

Hope we all get out there cause I know it would be great to work with you all and make make an amazing experience out of it. On the bright side we are gonna appreciate it more if and when we do actually get it. T-shirts at the ready, huh guys? haha. Dan x

11. smagfx

smagfx New Member

To look at it, April 1st is a Friday...the last day they're in office for the week, so taking off the weekends we've only got 20 days of waiting before April and if Hannah said we'd hear before then it would be less!! =D Not sure if that fills me with confidence or dread lol. Happy faces people, this waiting is coming to an end!! ^_^ xx

12. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I might ring Hannah tomorrow to see if there has been any movement....probably not but i cant stand it any longer!x

13. smagfx

smagfx New Member

To quote Jafar, "Patience Iago, patience"...but in this instance, I'd also like to know what's happening if anything lol. So I'm now going to quote Lenny Henry in every Red Nose Day show "Pick up the phone and call" xx

14. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

lol!ill do it first thing! i never know hat to say and i feel like im bothering them any help/advice hat i could ask?
    x

15. smagfx

smagfx New Member

Heh I don't we'd be bothering them but I can't call today, I'm just about to set off to Sheffield to pick up my nephew and then driving to Melton Mowbray to a kids theme park so he can spend the day there (and me hehe) but I doubt I'd have chance to give Hannah a ring =\
    xx

16. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Haa I think Yummy are probably used to it dealing with waitlisters all the time ;D I'd just ask if there's been any movement on dates or if we could get a better time frame by which we'd hear by. This waiting is just getting painfuuul :( ... good luck!

17. mizzbex2807

mizzbex2807 New Member

Hi everyone I only applied in january but I want to start next year?? I haven't heard a single thing is this the same for other people?

18. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Hi Becky

Yeah not to worry all the January/Feb applicants are in the same boat at the moment for start dates throughout 2012. Applications are being considered throughout March and April so sit tight for the next few weeks and hopefully you'll get an email for a phone interview and then hopefully a main interview in June! Just keep an eye on your emails - especially your junk mail cause all the Yummy stuff likes to find its way in there!

Hope this helps! Dan x

19. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

After thinking about it I think I'll ring them on Friday,give them the rest of the week to get back to us,hope they do. I find the forum really helpful to know everyone is feeling the same as me!x

20. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

:)Rang hannah,only a 30.second chat,just ales her about the waitlist.been no movement and the latest we will know is in 6 weeks that's all she said. That's it now,not going to contact her again and just wait now xx