still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

You're right Dan there's still a lot of us left considering its almost march now. More than usual I'd say- maybe cos they offered so many places originally?

I've pretty much given up on a place earlier now- I'm resting all my hopes on them offering us places at the end of the year.

I really hope Disney don't wait till April. I think we'll all be nuts by then, if we aren't already.

2. smagfx

smagfx New Member

To me it feels like a badly dubbed relationship, it's like me and CRP went on a lovely few dates but CRP wanted some time to think about whether or not to commit and I've waited four months and I'm kinda needing an answer so I can go off and date other...erm...jobs?

Ok that analogy played out a lot better in my head, lol, but the sentiment is the same. xx

3. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Haha I like that analogy... I keep seeing that Disney advert on the tv every five minutes just teasing me... and then at the end it says "so when are you going to tell them?'. It's like, urm. WHO KNOWS? I think Yummy should take note. :D lol

4. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

I love this!!! its amazing. and so so true. I'm also waiting to find out if i got a supervisor job at work. Getting very good at waiting!!!!!! x x x

5. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Hey guys!
    I really don't think you guys should give up all hope yet!! 129 days is a long wait, but I waited for 122 before finding out, and now heading out before several others. It's not impossible!! (Faith, trust, and pixie dust!)

And there are going to be so many places towards the end of the year.
    I need you guys out there, because you all know what torture it has been, waiting it out.. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you hear back sooner than the end of March! xxx

P.S I love that analogy, and the advert :)

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I too, like the analogy Craig!

I found out today that I have an unconditional offer for Uni. Hurrah! So at least one thing I was waiting on I have found out about. And it's a relief to know that I have my backup if Disney doesn't come through. :)

7. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

That's great news Megan well done! X

8. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Congrats Megan! ;D

I am still hopeful but the waiting is getting to me but I know it will be worth it if I get a date. I just hope we know by the end of March otherwise I will be going even more crazy! I just cannot get it out of my mind.

9. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Thank you lovelies! :) xoxo

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I've had a thought fellow waitlistee's... and there is theory behind this thought!

The Canadians are having their current round of interviews. They had the Vancouver ones on Feb 25th, and have Toronto ones on Tuesday 1st March, and then Montreal- I don't know when that is, anyway their round of interviews are finishing soon. But speaking to my Canadian friend, he said that Disney are hiring them for start dates between Sept-Dec this year. Therefore, Disney will be looking at what start dates they will be giving people and so on. So, my theory is that we will hear about positions for the later start dates around the time the Canadian applicants find out their interview results. And if their interview set up is anything like ours, they will be told a date where they would have heard by. Now obviously don't take my word on this, but, my thought was that whatever date they are told they will hear by will be around the time we hear, because the dates Disney are hiring for will be sorted by then.

Just a thought, but if we look at it like that then we kinda have a date to aim at. And if for whatever reason, we don't hear by then, when the Canadian's hear what dates they have, at least we will know what the start dates are.

I hope my ramblings made sense, it's just a thought that I had. Hope everyone is holding up okay! :) xoxo

11. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

It makes sense. I like it :) I just wanna know now!

12. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I know!! Ahhhhh!! It's March soon though- we're on the home straight :)

13. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

hello :), ow i like the theory! lets hope we all get off the list in march! that would be brill!

x

14. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

just found out the girl i interviewed with has got a place! so theres still hope !

15. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Fingers and toes crossed the news comes in March! Your theory makes sense Megan just hope you're right! I don't think I could get any better news...

16. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Ooooh, just read someone's blog who was at the Vancouver interview on the 25th of Feb (she wrote the post on the 26th) and at the end she said it's 3-4 weeks until they find out. :)

17. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Surely then they must be sorting departure dates as we speak. Like you said we'll probably have the same ones because of Traditions and training etc etc it makes sense that they'll be sorting us all out around the same time. Ah one can speculate... ???

18. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

If you look at all the current start dates, they have people from all different countries going on the same dates. And looking at the dates, they all seem to be Tuesdays. So to be honest, we could probably have a good idea now what the dates might be, as the final start date is the 20th Sept and there tends to be two weeks between each date.

19. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

agreed. this is all i keep thinkin. just one more month and we should know.

20. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

So if we hope to hear in around 4-5 weeks time? Once they sort out the Canadian dates then maybe they'll get to us. That makes sense and fits in with what they told us about it possibly be as late as April. Hopefully only the first week in April though. Its going to be hard keeping up the faith till then, I'm already really struggling now. I wish they'd tell us how many are left on the list because then we'd at least be able to make a good estimate of our chances