still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Adore it. I prayed out loud. GROUP HUG!!

2. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

LOL this is awesome ;D

3. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Well guys another week waitlisted down only two more to go :) x

4. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

So today it is officially six months since I had my interview! Wow, how crazy is that?! It's actually gone pretty quickly.

But only for Disney, would I wait this long to find out if I even have a job :D

5. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Yes I realised this today as well! Couldn't believe it, time flies soo fast. Yet it does feel like ages we have been waitin'. Weird.

I hope it is next week. They said beginning of April so is that just the 1st week or does the 2nd week count as the beginning please tell me it doesn't lol!

6. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Did Hannah actually say it would be the first two weeks of April at the latest? When she called I kinda got the impression it might even take a couple of months. I think the best thing to do is to take things day by day, six months is quite a record so far!!!

I might drop her email to clarify a rough deadline maybe? :)

7. smagfx

smagfx New Member

The current applicants are waiting to hear if they have a phone interview which they've been told will be around mid april. I would imagine that Yummy would let us know about the jobs before they let the new applicants know, that way it'd give us time to 'fast-track' (no pun intended) to the phone interviews like Hannah said we could do. With that in mind I'd say Hannah would be in touch within the next two weeks.

Recording Breaking Waitlisters....I feel another t-shirt coming on lol xx

8. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

If I had been told when applying that i still wouldnt no 6 months later I wouldnt of believed them. I think some people think I was told no but didnt have the guts to tell them lol

right Ill call Guinness World Records and you makes the T-shirts! :) x x x

9. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Haha same! People have just stopped asking all together if I've heard anything under the assumption I've probably been declined. Honestly, if we don't hear next week I think I will need to be institutionalised. It's been a year since I actually decided to apply for the program, and if I was told back then that I still wouldn't know a year on I don't know what I'd have thought... I think we'd need a new wardrobe for the amount of record breaking t-shirts we could get!!

10. UnderTheSea

UnderTheSea New Member

AW Haha this is too awesome! ;D

11. LifeInANutshell

LifeInANutshell New Member

Let another long long week begin...

12. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Well Uk'ers only one more week left for us! :D Not been anything said for a while how is everybody?

13. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Until they phone us and tell us we have to wait until May! Haha, oh dear, shouldn't even joke about that :-\

I was thinking everyone had been pretty quiet recently too. I'm good, booked my holiday the other day, off to California in 26 days- whoop, whoop! :)

How'a you Dan? And everyone else of course ;D

14. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Arghhh no Megan you'll be tempting fate! But you know I REALLY wouldn't put it past Disney to do that at this point, it's a possibility!

It's awesome to hear you're good. You staying in LA? You'll have a fab time it's great! ;D I'm looking forward to my Disneyland Paris trip next month and then Mexicooo in June so something to look forward to for us both at least!

Has anybody heard any news? Keep those fingers and toes crossed people I'm sure it's on its way!

15. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Ooooh no! I shouldn't have said that :-X I really hope it doesn't come to that!

No, not staying in LA- we've done LA before. We're there for 10 days, so we are doing 2 nights in LA when we first get there where we are spending a day at Universal. After that we are getting the train to San Diego, where we are staying for 3 nights, then getting the train back from San Diego to Anaheim where we are staying 4 nights and hitting Disneyland ;D So excited! I love Disneyland :)

I was in Disneyland Paris last month :)- hopefully we'll both have something to celebrate when we hit our Disney parks! Mexico is exciting too, hot, hot, hot though I bet!

I haven't heard anything on the grapevine. All is quiet. They must surely let us know before Easter though. So it HAS to be soon!!

The end is nigh my darlings! ;D

16. smagfx

smagfx New Member

France, Mexico, California...any chance of a spare ticket for any of these places? lol

I agree with Megan, the end is nigh. To quote the 2002 horror classic: "...Seven Days". I'm just hoping our ending to this 25 week wait isn't a gory blood fest but more a 'Happy Ever After' =] xx

17. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm sure I can squeeze you in my suitcase Craig :)

18. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Yeaaaaah holidaay :D quite an itinerary that Megan. I like how we're just doing these Disney pilgrimages, it's like Disney Mecca!!
    Hopefully we'll all be booking a flight together to Orlando soon enough! Happily ever after indeed.

Hey Craig - I think you need to come up with a slogan tee next :p

19. smagfx

smagfx New Member

Haha well I have a few ideas =P xx

20. smagfx

smagfx New Member

Hmmmm