still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

aw its a dilemma, as i really think we will get a place however if not, its great to have a back up plan.

I think it would be very unfair/mean (lol) if we all dont get offered a place, especially as they have told us they have extended the period until the end of the year and we know they haven't been filled yet.

I think im going to be rather devastated, as for the past 9 months we have been thinking about it most days!

I soo hope we all get a date and can all go out roughly at the same time, i think we should have a big CRP waitlist meet up in London WHEN we get a date...hehe
    xx

2. smagfx

smagfx New Member

I kinda like the idea that they'll get some dates and think 'There's only 10 left....ah sod it, let's get them out there' and split us onto 2 dates, 5 each date. But then again I am a dreamer lol and you guys know I live in the clouds =D

Dan you should go for the interview, there is nothing to lose from going, yeh so it's a bit of a distance but so was getting to London for the F2F =] xx

3. Dandan

Dandan New Member

I really appreciate your advice guys :) I've got my heart set on us getting this

and Craig - I hope your clouds have got silver linings for us all!!

4. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Just a heads up, someone I'm friends with on fb who is just over 6 months into her program is leaving Florida for good this week. It will be interesting to see whether Disney decide to send someone out in her place.

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Sorry to be a bad news cloud (lol) but i doubt anyone will go out on her visa, usually if someone has used it for longer then 90 days then they wont send anyone else out on it, pus you dont want to only do this program for 6 months, you guys wanna experiance the whole year :p

Shame shes leaving?

6. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

They offered me 6 months back in January so it does happen. I didn't want to take it though because 6 months isn't that long and you would arrive without an arrival group and all that jazz.

7. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Well my lovelies for us UKers in an hour's time that will be another week gone! And another week closer to the end I suppose!

All's been quiet on here the last few days, hope you're all well x

8. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Hey Vicky. Am well! I think it's gotta be our final week next week. Been checkin' my phone all the time this past week especially. We have been waitin' sooo long now am just gettin' very fed up. But i pray this will be all worth it. I just want to know.

How u feelin' Vicky?

9. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Another week's wait over! Im thinking of accepting a job offer, do you think its a good idea? I don't know , I'm getting married soon and want to make sure I have income and am not sitting by the phone for potentially 30 weeks.

10. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I would accept the job offer if I were you, just to be on the safe side :) and Congrats on getting married soon :) :) :)
    I share everyone's feelings about being fed up, haven't even had chance to think about Disney this week, its been so chaotic :/ Thanks god its the weekend :) xxx

11. Vicki_Bluebird

Vicki_Bluebird New Member

Hey guys

Im still on the waitlist too. Just dont really come on here and post that often. Im not on the Facebook group yet either. I have tried not thinking about it too much so im not too disappointed if it doesnt happen but since Hannah rung, I cant help it!

Vicki x

12. LifeInANutshell

LifeInANutshell New Member

I feel the same way! I have until April to give my current job an answer about how long I plan to stay with them (it's a contract-type deal). I don't know what to say!

13. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Oooh another British waitlistee has appeared! Welcome :D you want a pink t-shirt or a blue t-shirt?

This makes me wonder how many people out there still actually are on the waitlist... I'm stressing over it now because I don't know what to do if it's not Disney. I've made no other solid plans. I think I'd just be angry rather than upset if Yummy called and said there's no places available, that would just be brutal after all this time.

I seriously think you should take the job cdneeyore, at least then you have a plan set in stone and then Disney to fall back on if you just so happen to get the phone call :)

But hang in there guys, another two weeks and our fate should have been decided!

14. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Oh hi Vicki I was wondering if you were still on the list or not. Hope ur ok.

I'm feeling better as the weeks go on tbh, because I know that its coming to an end soon. I know what u mean about possibly feeling angry if they say there are no dates, it would be really mean especially since they've promised they'll look at us for the end of the year first. I'm still hopeful though and just looking forward to having the waiting done and dusted. Just a couple more weeks and we could be celebrating, let's look at it that way! :)

15. smagfx

smagfx New Member

I'm more worried about what we're going to be doing after we get told. We've been been on the list so long I can't remember a life without waiting =\

As the Russians would say - Every seed knows it's own time =] xx

16. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

I'm starting my new job role at work on monday and going to be going through training and stuff. but all i think is. oh but i only have until oct/nov. its not a nice feelings as I do want to put my whole self into the job. Come on disney. this week please!!!
    Oh and I dont know if i said before but ill have a blue tee please!:):)

hope everyone is well. much love x x x x

17. katie217

katie217 New Member

i really really hope you guys find out this coming week!

18. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hi everyone :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got an email from Hannah this afternoon, offering me a role in F&B starting 16th August. I was hoping that since it was an email other people would have heard today also? Anyone else had any news?
    I've waited until Yummy are closed for the day anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck to everyone, really hope this waitlist is done and dusted soon! xx

19. Mikey_M

Mikey_M New Member

aw nice one vicky congratulations! ;D 16th august that's even closer than we thought! Nope just checked my e-mails there don't have one, hopefully that's the movement began!

20. meelie

meelie New Member

Congratulations Vicky, that's amazing! You go before me!

And good luck everyone else, I'm sure this means that the list must be really moving now so you'll all have dates soon! Fingers crossed for you xxx