still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. LifeInANutshell

LifeInANutshell New Member

I was thinking we could add buttons to the list of waitlisted merchandise.
    I have button maker ; ) If I ever do end up off the waitlist, I promise to bring a box of Waitlisted 2011 buttons with me!

2. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I like that! Maybe we could add a plush Mickey to the list too? Wearing his own mini waitlist t-shirt :)

My mum said something quite good earlier about the waitlist- she said it's like waiting for a baby to arrive, you are given a 'due date', but it could be earlier or later that your 'baby' arrives, and every week you're thinking 'Ooooh will it be this week?'. Haha, I thought it was quite a good analogy.

3. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Tehe I like this. Let's hope this birthday comes sooner than expected - and that they're having twins for both us and the Canadians! Another week down, how many more to go?

4. LifeInANutshell

We can start our own waitlisted store! Exclusive Disney waitlist merchandise. It can be located directly between the Canadian and UK pavilions. It's a genius way for us to get more people from the waitlist hired...

Aw! It warms my heart to see you hoping for the Canadian too.
    *shouts* PUSH!!!

5. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Another week. :'(

6. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

I brought some mickey head shaped rice krispy squares for the train dipped em in chocolate yay!
    Do you think if we ask ever so nicely they'll add an earl of sandwich to the train?

So the Canadians survived week one, and you UK's has survived how many you deserve a special pin!
    When we all get in and have arrived in Orlando I think we all need to go to somewhere festive for drinks, after the long wait im thinking the Canadians should take the UKers to Biergarten for those massively large steins of beer ;)

7. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Pls ignore this im just trying to fix the time on my home page for the forum, keeps going crazy. Also, good luck waitlisters :)

8. smagfx

smagfx New Member

Ooo i don't know about taking the UKians to alcohol, we are after all the binge capital of the world lol, not that I have ever been drunk *looks around innocently* =P but I agree should go for a few bevvys when we're over there...OMG BRAIN STORM how about a Waitlister Cocktail!! =D xx

9. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Yep :(

I have a theory about what's going to happen. More a premonition really. I bet they leave it right until the last minute, so it'll get to 4 weeks from now (is that how long we've got left?) and we'll all be in a major panic wondering if we're going to hear or if we should give us hope. I can honestly see them giving us heart attacks in the last few days. But, as long as they do let us know in the end then it'll all be worth it.

Also Craig, loving the cocktail idea ;)

10. smagfx

smagfx New Member

If they left it to the last minute, we would have waited a total of 26 weeks!! *feels faint*

11. LifeInANutshell

I think if we Canadians hear quickly, we will be so happy wouldn't even mind treating! (...not that I speak for my entire country or anything... *cough*...) Cocktails all around!

12. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Canadians are known to be friendly so we can buy for sure! I can't handle my alcohol at all so ask for my money for your drink upfront haha! I think that you UKers could face Toy Story Mania on Christmas day in the standby line after this, mega crazy patience!

Well I have my shirt on here's to week 2 for the Canadians and week ummm 21 or 22 for you UKers?
    [​IMG]

13. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

156 days, 2 weeks if we hear on the 31st of march or 4 weeks if they tell us then, surely they can squeeze us last ten in for oct,nov and dec??!

14. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Oooh I really really hope so Sarah!! It's starting to stress me out now, NEED to know what I'm doing. I have an interview tomorrow for uni (my back up plan) and I'm in two minds whether to go or not because it's a long way to drive be told next week that I'm going to Disney. But, what if?

Does everybody really think we're actually gonna be going? I mean surely, if there's ten of us it's got to be likely!!

15. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

It wouldn't make sense or be fair if we didn't if you look at it logically. Obviously we don't know exactly how many people they need but let's say at a minimum they want 3 people per start date. At two start dates per month over Oct, Nov and Dec and that's 18 dates am I right? Assuming there's a couple more of us on the list we don't know about that should still be more than enough places to go round.

Disney have said they would be happy to hire us if they could find a date for us. So there's no reason why they shouldn't fill those dates with the waitlist first, and then give any spare places to the Jan applicants. I just worry that for some reason they decide not to do that, and that they only offer a few of us on the waitlist places. I just can't believe that things are going to turn out alright until we actually get that call.

16. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

How do we know there are 10 of us? Is that from the forum? Or has someone asked? So many questions.
    I just got offered a supervisor role at work. :) But I am still thinking that I wil be leaving. Just need to know now. Do you think they do a NVQ in waiting? I think we would all get top marks lol.

Good luck and love to all. Really hope that noone is left behind. That would really suck. :( x x x x

17. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I would take the Supervisor job if I were you, even if you get a little bit of experience its something else to add to your CV :) :) xx

18. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I think its from this forum, the fb group and also by process of elimination knowing how many people were given dates, how many people were offered interviews and then allowing for some rejections aswell. But it's not an exact science. I just hope its accurate since those numbers do give us a very good chance of getting oct nov dec places.

19. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Dan, I had the same issue about going to a uni interview and I decided to go. I've got an unconditional place for my course, so it's a weight off my mind to know I have my back up option. However I also know that if I did out of the blue get an earlier Disney date, then I can see if I can defer my place for a year.

Charly, I would take the supervisor role if I were you. Because it still could be 6 more months until you go to Disney, so it is more experience to add to your cv plus think of the extra money you can earn in that time =)

4 more weeks possibly guys, if you think how quickly the past couple of weeks have gone, I think they will fly by! :)

20. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

people on forum,facebook,Twitter,I have also been cheking wdwcrp facebook group no one else has said they have been waitlisted,also every other year there has been around 20-24 and I there has been atleast 12 tht has got off:) so it might be give or take 1-2 more but I'm pretty sure it's 10 in the uk left. I hope we all get a date on the 31st of march,that wouldbe sooo exciting xx