still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

They don't have anyone going out at the end of the year yet though (oct-dec), not even people to replace the people who would be coming back. So they would surely need some of us to fill those slots.

2. smagfx

smagfx New Member

True but last Oct-Dec could have been record numbers of visitors, this year maybe half that of last. So then they'd only replace a few staff members, the others would then be covered in Jan 2012? xx

3. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I've given up trying to predict them Craig! Haha, I'm just gonna sit and patiently wait these possible 5 weeks. What will be, will be.

4. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

St year the filled the end of the year with waitlist people and then any spaces left the gave to the new applicants x

5. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

They definetley want Epcot employees for Oct and Nov as thats is FOod and Wine and quite a busy time at Disney, Plus Christmas is crazy! So I have hope. In one of the facebook groups someone knows someone who is in charge of in coming ukers and canadians and said they have two big fall groups coming but none of us have been hired for those dates so maybe thats us waiting to be hired!!

6. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Well I found this from around this time last year: http://www.wesh.com/entertainment/24580700/detail.html

It shows that attendance did decline slightly in the first quarter of last year but only by a small amount. Unless things dramatically changed by the end of the year (and by all accounts I've heard the parks seemed really busy as usual over the christmas period) then hopefully that means things won't have been so bad that they decide not to hire staff for a whole three month period.

I just don't think we can predict what Disney will do. I can't wait until all the speculation is over cos it's making my brain tired lol

Also, welcome Canadians! Pull up a chair and get comfy, although hopefully you won't be staying as long as we have ;)

7. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

i am very hopeful, as i have told myself that i am going, if i dont then ill deal with the disappointment then...probably a bad idea but i really think we will all be getting an email or phone call with in the next month.... hope im not wrong!x

8. smagfx

smagfx New Member

A few people from the waitlist (that we're currently on) last year were asked to go before 2011 so if there was a decline and they STILL needed people then that's a good sign right? =D Granted it was literally only a few but still =]

I agree with Megan, what ever will be will be. It's just a case of when we find out. I so want to be laughing about our speculation when we're all donning the sunglasses and shorts in Orlando =]

Now the Canadians have joined us it feels like a train ride lol, people have gotten off but it's not our stop yet and now we've just pulled out of Canada Station (sorry couldn't think of a more creative name) and we're heading south to Florida. Oh did I mention it was a magic train that can fly over from England to Canada? =P xx

9. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Choo, choo! Come and join the waitlist train! We have t-shirts and cookies!! :)

10. smagfx

smagfx New Member

OMG we have cookies too? Which carriage!! Which carriage!! *runs through* xx

11. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

They're in the food car of course! :D

They're Mickey shaped too! ;D

12. smagfx

smagfx New Member

*returns with crumbs round my mouth* ^_^ xx

13. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Yay train car! I dont think I can last as long as ya'll have waiting on the magic train haha. Yay to your patience levels and will powers!

14. LifeInANutshell

LifeInANutshell New Member

Yes! My first trip on a flying magical train! *cough*
    At least there's good company on this train! I hate it when you're stuck making awkward conversation for the 150 days from England to Disney World... (Though I only just got on the train)
    Onward and forward! Let there be cookies!

15. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

Welcome Canadians!! You are in for an emotional ride. But we are here to help.
    Are there any oatmeal and raisin cookie? x x

16. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

On a positive note, all the UKers find out soon! So maybe you should teach us how to run the train for when ya'll get your spots and move to florida ;)

17. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Pull up a chair, sit, wait, hope you get a date, try to be patient -then kiss your sweet sanity goodbye! That's pretty much all the ins and outs of driving the train :)

Hope this helps! But I know it's all gonna be worth it in the end. Choo choo!

18. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

I bow down to you UKers im going crazy and it hasnt even been a week. You guys rock pass me some cookies

19. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

i survived day 3 on the opportunity list.

yay me!

20. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

The wait gets easier. I'm just finding it tougher now that I know our time on the list is nearly up. I am pretty sure that most of you Canadians will be off the list soon, once they have sorted out the dates for the end of the year :) I doubt that you will be stuck on here as long as we have been.

But whilst we're here, let's grab those cookies and t-shirts and try to stay positive :)