still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I'm glad someone who has done the program before, can clarify on the prices :) If you want to make a bit of extra cash I would recommend selling unwanted stuff on ebay :) Thats what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks and managed to make quite a bit, as well as saving some money from my wages each month :) I'm with you on the Universal thing......as much as I love Disney, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are AWESOME theme parks :) x

2. El1987

El1987 New Member

Just so you guys know, the Criminal Background Check has gone up to £60... I know, it's only £5 increase, but that's what you'll need to fork out on first of all. I paid that withing a couple of days of being accepted.

Then I paid for my flight which was just under £400 with STA but I was emailed to say the flight had gone up £100 (Flight direct with Virgin - 19th June).

Then I paid £110 for two nights stay at hotel (Buena Vista Suites) not far away, but of course you can find one cheaper or even just fly out on the day you move in.

That's as far as it's got, money wise for me. I've barely saved and I'm actually panicking now.

My next spending will be for the Visa. So that'll be a train and overnight stay in London because I'll be aming to to get to the embassy at 7:00-7:15. I think the Visa thing will be about $100-150 and then the £15 handling fee.

Next is insurance. I've had a quote from one company at £210 and STA offer one at around £300 - I'm still considering the Disney one.

As for spending money - I'm aiming at taking £500, but looking at my financial state, at present. I'll be lucky if I'm taking 50p lol.

Hope that kind of helps.

3. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Yup, just wanted to back up everything Elin said.

Only thing is your flight price will depend on what time of the year you fly out. If given a date happens to co-inside with a school holiday then you'll find the flight a lot more expensive. But- once the year is completed Disney will refund that flight cost so it all evens out.
    I fly out on May 3rd and going straight to Vista Way. My direct flight with BA cost £314 direct from Gatwick (but have paid extra £20 to choose seat on plane)

If you guys have any other questions about cost/prices feel free to ask. I'll help as best I can- although I'm quite confised about Insurance myself!! xxx

4. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Yeah it definitely helps! I appreciate your advice :D it's not quite as much to get out there as I initally thought it would be but it still isn't pocket money! Gonna try and save up as much spends as I can - I think that sounds like the main thing because it would be nice to dip into some extra cash when (or if) I'm out there.

Here's hoping the big news is this week!

5. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

Do you have to have a full CRB check? I've already had one done not so long ago that only cost £10 (obviously not the full one). The flights don't seem too pricey but again like you say it depends on the time of year (school holiday etc)...and I would definitely pay the extra to choose my seat (not very fond of flying as it makes me ill) but because its Disney its well worth it :).

6. El1987

El1987 New Member

Yes, you have to have the full one. Yummy will send you all the paperwork.

I forgot to mention, my flight's from Manchester which is why it's probably a bit more expensive, so I guess it also depends where you're flying from too.

7. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

hi guys! I'm canadian and I've just read through this whole thread-- i can feel the agony in your posts! i've been on the waiting list one day and am already freaking out and over analyzing, i can't imagine 150 days like this, congratulations for surviving this long! It seems like a huge majority of canadian applicants were waitlisted, and the few accepted people got dates in august and september. Since they told us they were hiring for october-december it seems likely that they must have more start dates in that range that haven't been released yet. Here's hoping we hear good news soon!

8. Mikey_M

Mikey_M New Member

hope it's sometime this week we find out, gettin excited/nervous again coz i know we're gonna find out soon! feels just like october when we were waiting for the face to face results!

seem to be checking my e-mails and this forum to see if there's any movement even more last few weeks, didn't think that was possible! lol!

9. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

Thanks El1987 :) Thats good that Yummy send the paperwork out, it was confusing enough getting the basic one done :p

10. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

When are you UKers suppose to hear by? :)

11. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I think its about 5 weeks that they said we should hear by. Hoping it's sooner though!

12. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Well there goes my theory of us finding out when the Canadians got their results! Haha, straight out the windowww...

Hopefully we all won't have too long to wait.

13. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I still think we will hear on the 31st of this month! I think it's looking promising though...isn't it!!?x

14. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Vicky promised me a t-shirt since I'm a waitlister... I'd like pink size 14 please!

15. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Oh come on! :-[ Are they really going to make us wait until the 31st or past that date. Meanies! lol.

16. Mikey_M

Mikey_M New Member

what did you guys go for as first choice? food and beverage or merch?

i went for f and b

should be enough spaces for both right? ;D

17. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Merch is my first choice. But I said I would quite happily do f&b too :)

And here's hoping there is!

18. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

I know im not a UKer but I put F B , Attractions then Merch :)
    Did any of you agree to UK Historical Research or was that not an option (i dont know how that works)

19. LifeInANutshell

LifeInANutshell New Member

The Canadians have come to claim their t-shirts!
    And to wallow in the anxiety of being on the waitlist with you...
    I don't know if I could last 150 days! Though I'm sure I will have to.
    Does anyone else want to go for December 2011?

20. smagfx

smagfx New Member

Ok, fresh idea, if they've only given dates to the Canadians for Aug and Sept and waitlisted the rest (2011 t-shirts in production), then they could be tallying up the final quarter for attendance figures and once processed then they'll have a greater understanding of the staff numbers. If there are higher attendance figures then they'd need more staff, however if no-one has shown much interest in being at Disney over the winter period then they won't need us to go over =\

Does this make sense? xx