still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Dandan

Dandan New Member

It would make sense if they revised our departure dates the same time as the Canadian ones, but I'm at wits end trying to figure our their logic so who knows I guess *shrug* ???

2. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

aww i know :-( i feel like ive been tense for months waiting everyday with baited breath. It will be the best feeling ever though WHEN we get off the list :D

im hoping itll be over the next few weeks. and we all get a bluk email saying departure dates.

would be awesome to meet up with everyone(in london maybe?) if we get dates for october-nov time.

obviously depending on everyones date 8)x

3. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

It would be great if we heard around the same time, but I'm not going to get my hopes up! They said it could be 6 weeks so I've been telling myself it will be the end of this month at the earliest, just to try and make the waiting a bit easier.

I don't remember what it was like before I was waiting now! I decided to apply for this in April last year, so I had to wait for the applications to open, then wait to hear about the phone interviews, etc etc. It's been almost a year! You'd think it would be second nature by now lol, not going to know what to do when the waiting's over! (Although hopefully I'll then start waiting to actually go to florida, so it'll be a gradual process lol)

4. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm not even going there with trying to work out their strategy. Just gonna sit here twiddling my fingers and trying to distract myself whilst they decide when to tell us. I'm going to Disneyland Paris at the end of the month (whoop, whoop), so 'ya know Disney, if you're reading this I wanna tell me I have a date on March 24th or 25th then that would be okay with me, then I could celebrate with Mickeyyyyyyy!!! :D

5. Dandan

Dandan New Member

I know! It's crazy, I was thinking about the same thing today all we've done is wait wait wait, I think we've earned a degree in waiting haha. Will be great to finally make some solid plans and finally look forward to spending a year in the sunshine!!

To be honest though, I've gotten much further than I first imagined I would when I applied, so I'm grateful and I've realised I have more patient than I thought lol. I've kinda set the benchmark for the end of March too, so if we hear anything before then it's a nice surprise :)

You think it will be an email, or a phonecall?

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I reckon that if it's a bulk delivery of dates for the end of the year, then it will be via email like they did originally. If any of us get dates for earlier though, and before they let us know about the end of year ones (it could still happen!) then it will probs be a phonecall like all the others who have already got off the list.

7. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I think exactly the same,if they wait till the last day i think it will be bulk emails but if they slightly spread it out over the next few weeks itll be phone calls :) eeeeek, i really think it would be really terrible of disney if they dont give us dates , i would be upset,very annoyed and irritated, so hoping that doesn't happen!
    x

8. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I suppose it depends how many of us are left on the list. But really, if they are prepared to fill oct-dec dates with us then there should be more than enough places for us shouldn't there?

9. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I would have thought so, ive calculated theres around 10 people left,however thats an approximation , i wouldn't have thought there would be many more, and there are more than enough spaces for us all around that time:) hopefully yummy are just waiting for Disney's conformation :) idont think they would have extended it if there was no chance, no one has got off the list for 3 weeks either...

i do apologise if all the theory ends up being rubbish!lol

...but i hope not!

10. NanaRichardson

NanaRichardson New Member

Hi guys!!!

Im from Mexico and well.. I´m another waislisted!! :-\ but this is my second real application! the last time i wasn´t even in the WL!! so i hope that i can get out of here!

we´re like 24 people on this list!! I thought that we are too much, but now i can see that it´s like a average number! :-\

I really really hope that all of us get out of this list very sooooon!!! and meet all of you in Orlandooooo!!! ;D ;D ;D

11. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Yess I hope it is very soon. Am gettin' really down at the moment and just want to know. Feels like forever since we have been waiting.

Please Disney! :(

I thought they were going to phone us with dates if there is any, instead of email?
    I better get back to checking my emails every day then.

12. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

We don't know if they will email us Carla, it's just a theory that if they contact us all at once, then they will send out bulk emails- like they did when we found out the interview results. We could be wrong, but it could be either way.

13. smagfx

smagfx New Member

I dunno about a bulk e-mail, I think they'll call, they could have sent us all a bulk e-mail asking us what's the latest we could go out but they called us up one by one lol. They could (in theory) call us up, suggest a list of leaving dates and find out which one we'd prefer. But again, this is Disney/Yummy...there's no telling how it'll play down.

Look on the bright side though =D another week soon to be gone!! xx

14. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Last year they all initially got told the wait list give out dates were until October and people got dates up until January this year :)

I have hope:) x

15. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Next week? They've got to be thinking about the dates pretty soon because they'll be doing the Canadian ones around now surely. If not, are we down to a max 5 week wait now? That's not so bad :)

I'm having a hopeful day today. I know we're all wary of getting our hopes up too much but when you look at it logically we still do have a good chance at getting dates.

Maybe we should start giving ourselves little treats at the end of each week if we haven't heard, just to make the last few weeks go faster. I think this Friday at 4.30pm I'll treat myself to a Cadbury's creme egg in compensation lol

16. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

hehe,i love your thinking, ill be having a bag of mini eggs as compensation:)

We are SO close! Ive started to think,surely there not going to make us apply again...SURELY!lol,they the wash of dought pops in my head....argh,the emotions!!

17. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Tehe you indulgent people :p it's just an excuse for you to pig out on chocolate! I know what you're up to!

Only a few weeks to go, really really hoping it's this week though for different reasons. I'm kinda stuck what to do now, have any of you guys started to save for this cause I really don't have round-about idea of how much it's all gonna cost? I've been thinking about it practically recently, how much is a visa etc? This is why we need to know! Arghh I don't like confusion and uncertainty :(

18. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I started saving at the beginning of the year, before I'd even applied but since then I have begun to save more. If you google Cultural Representative Program and go to the official website, it goes you a list of how much everything costs e.g: visa, flights etc. Its all in dollars though so you might have to use a currency converter if you are from the UK :) x

19. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Last time I did it,(2 years ago) price hasn't changes either.it cost exactly 1000 before I went and 400 for te first few weeks,that's about as cheap as you can do it. I saved abit last summer,the initial cost is alot but sooo worth it:) x

20. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Ta guys. It's just so I know what I'm aiming for. I've got everything set aside for my flights and stuff, just wanted to make sure I get enough money together to live comfortably to go out and have fun for the few weeks before the first pay cheque.

I'm thinking if we do go October/November - guess what's happening at Universal ;D (Disney, cover your ears) HHN baby, yeah! Hope I don't miss it. It looks immense :) guess I got a sadistic side as well as a soft Disney side too lol.