Sports Bars

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by AndyFromDonny, Dec 18, 2008.

1. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

There's an Irish restaurant at Downtown Disney now, with a pub section, I don't remember but I wouldn't be surprised if they played some football there. Or any other pub-type place. Kitty O'Shea's is on the opposite side of I-4 from The Commons, and is like the oldest Irish pub in Orlando... they must play at least the major games.

Wimbledon will be shown on ESPN. Almost certain on that one.

Cricket, however, I personally wouldn't hold my breath. I don't think I've ever seen cricket on tv. Actually I think I've only ever seen cricket played at all at the end of Bend it Like Beckham lmfao

You'll quickly find that pretty much the only sport people in the southern US care about is American football. Bleh.

2. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

hmm well i dont think fridays got trashed on purpose! it was just like a big england game or sumthing (i cant quite remember) and rumour had it that the place got quite badly damaged?! could be total crap tho lol!

x

3. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

But the time difference, it'll be on at silly o'clock :'{

4. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

I wanna find somewhere that not only does the MLS games, but any tournaments over the Summer like the Emirates Cup or the Amsterdam Tournament. I have Setanta, and they had loads of friendlies on there throughout the off season, but I think we'll be hard pressed to find anywhere that shows big name European exhibition games. So, we all have to pick an MLS team to support. I like New York Red Bulls. :D

5. Peever

Peever New Member

So Long as I can catch a few Villa Games and Some rugby matches I will be a happy Camper! We dont get enough of that up here in Canada *sigh*.

6. I think there may be a place down on Boardwalk that will play some European games not 100% on that though and there is a pub on i-drive that shows some uk games. My dad and sister went to watch a Celtic Vs Rangers match there though it wasn't live.

7. Peever

Peever New Member

The sense ive got from a few places is that Setena Sports is in a few pubs in the area. But you have to pay to watch the games. But I am not 100% sure on this. Is ordering Setena Sports to your Apartmant not an option? Doesnt seem like it. Most like just be better of watching the games online on a few website :) (Free ;))

8. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

you know the football season ends in may and doesn't start again until mid/late-august? There won't be too much Villa action when we're over there

9. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

True though the football league for us real fans starts at the beginning of August ;) I'll miss a few games on the season ticket, but it will be worth it.

10. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

There's also pre-season friendlies. I know they are not competitive, but if I don't see any football for two months I will go mad.