So very very Cold .... makes me wish i was in Florida even more...:(:(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hockey_town_canada, Jan 11, 2007.

1. It snowed here last night for the second time (second real time, we've had flurries) so far this year... Eww. Wake me when the grass is green and the sun is shining...It's only -1 though I think, so not too cold. For most people. ;D haha.

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

We did not have snow AT ALL here in Germany where I live. It's so crazy. It has been the warmest winter since....um I think ever!!!! It's weird when you have +14 in January....

3. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Ah! That'd be so lovely... +14...

It was hmmm -15 today and I was wearing Capri pants :D I was just so excited that it wasn't deathly cold!

4. That is deathly cold!!
    haha...I shouldn't say anything, I wear my flipflops out in the snow sometimes if I'm going to work...

5. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

deadly cold... lol i think -15 is nice lol and balmy lol... its been like -25 to -35 here and with the windchill it is like -45 ... just a tip to all your foreigners ... lol........ dont visit winnipeg in the winter its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold......

summer is nice here with +25 and above weather... but the mosquitos will get ya lol.........

hahaha good old winnipeg lol

6. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Lol If you ever think about becoming a Sales person - DON'T! haha I now know which place I don't want to visit :p

7. hockey_town_canada

lol.... thats funny you mention that queen cause i actually am in sales... and am in school for business and im majoring in sales and marketing lol.... I do real estate sales part time lol thats funny lol...

thats funny...

8. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Real Estate outside of Manitoba, I hope! Lol!

That's usually my reaction though when I tell people about Saskatchewan - they change their minds and decide NOT to vacation here! But I love it despite it's -40 winters, +40 summers, and vast nothingness.

See, don't you want to live here now? Heh :p

9. hockey_town_canada

hahaha ashley that sales pitch for saskatchewan sounds just as good as manitobas.... +40 summers ...-40 winters... why wouldnt you wanna come here lol....

10. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Doesn't Sakatoon have the highest crime rate iin Canada?

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

You forgot about the highway! You know the one straight piece of road that goes on forever ;)

12. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Isn't that like all of Canada though? You can drive for bloody hours and not see anything except prarie land, then just randomly end up in a town. SO odd!

I could not cope with -40... That's just... mad... Britain would fall apart in that sort of weather, we have days off school for about two inches of snow!

13. hockey_town_canada

lol not winnipeg ... school usually isnt closed unless its like 2 feet or more... we got about a foot and a half i would say about 2-3 weeks ago and the schools stayed open and everything was going...

we tough it out... lol

14. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Haha is it your first year?? lol Seems like there is a lot more to learn....like the basics of how to make someone WANT what you are selling lol Hope you are doing better with the real estate....

And yeah driving in Canada can be quite uneventful. I remember when my friend and I drove somewhere and we were looking for a gas station until we finally found one after 2 hours...we were on our last drop of gas, too.

15. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Haha, yeah, Per Capita, my city had the highest murder rate last year. Now, since the biggest city in Saskatchewan is 200,000, that's not a lot of people. Still though, another accomplishment to add to the tally ::)

Around here, yeah, you can drive forever and not too much changes! There's the loooong running joke that over here your dog can run away and you can see it going for three days :p The vast expanse can make for amazing sunsets/rises though, thus our tagline 'Land of the Living Skies'. I'm embarassed to admit I'm not sure what Manitobas is, though!

The prairies have amazing lakes and forests up north though, tonnes of wildlife and plantlife conservations, and the environment is totally different no matter where you go - my friend from another province (BC) had never seen snow before! Another friend from another city gets rain most of the spring and summer and barely sees weather lower than +4. And I've personally lived in four different provinces and the land and the weather can be like totally different countries! Good if you want to mix it up a bit but don't want to leave the country ;)

16. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Lol The crime rate in Banff amused me. Somewhere on a webpage I read "It is very dsrespectful to push someone around in a shopping cart through the city" haha Sooo adorable!

17. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Banff counts as a city?!

Talking of weird weather... wtf is going on today, I'm scared to go outside for fear of being blown away!

18. hockey_town_canada

ya Ash you took it away from us... i think we were the highest the last 4 years before you guys took it over... lol so you can keep that title now lol....

19. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Nono, you can take that back. Consider it a gift!

Wow, we're really going to be representin' down in Disney. Look at all the amazing facts of the places we come from!

Aaaah I've always wanted to visit Banff! Everyone I know has been there at one point or other and only has the most amazing beautiful things to say about it!

20. hockey_town_canada

lol... well totally be representing ....lol....

ya Ashley Banff is AWESOME....... such a wicked time..... I lived in calgary for a year... and was up in banff whenever i could........its sooooooo nice....

Andrew