rugby

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MattSource5, Jan 31, 2009.

1. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm not too sure about that. it was also pretty painful...it's funny how you can't feel your limbs in one sense, but they still sting and hurt you A LOT in another. any scientists...?

2. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

i enjoy playing rugby! being South Africa's national sport and all. would be fun to tackle the mickey out of matt..........

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm only small ewan, treat me gently :D

well, i'm tall, but not made of much!

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

TACKLE!

Id knock you out matt!

Must have a little game of rugby at the complexes, hehe. ;D ;D

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm gonna need to get buff haha. but what i lack in muscle, i make up for in my willingness to fight dirty! heh
    doubt getting a rugby ball is exactly the easiest thing in the world. my brother tried to get a USA rugby shirt over there, and the woman in a shop was like "a WHAT shirt?"

6. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

just out of interest, anyone watching the six nations this year?

7. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

our nationanl super 12 series is starting today. so all eyes will be on that in SA

8. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I'm following it, but I'm struggling a bit with the rules of union. I'm sure Wales were cheating.... :D

9. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i've never seen a super 12 game. i'd imagine there's quite a difference in standards compared to our teams, being the top 3 ranked countries and all.
    although i found out today wales is number 4 :)
    jo, everyone cheats sometimes i'm afraid, it's a fact of life!

10. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

This from a law student.... :eek:

11. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah but whatever we do, we don't usually kill people. MRSA much?

oh it's owwwwwn!

12. amanda

amanda New Member

Indeed I am watching the six nations, one of my fav times of year. Plus Ireland whooped france last week so hoping we might actually get it together this year. :)

13. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i enjoyed the scotland v wales match last week.
    i enjoyed the wales v england match yesterday even more!!! woop woop :D
    i hope we get back to back grand slams, that would make me rather happy!

14. vistaway

vistaway New Member

Great match Saturday! Had to download it to see it, though.

The downside to watching rugby in North America is that we're pretty limited in terms of televised games. Setanta Sports (the one you can get at home) has some games, but seldom live (football takes precedent). Setanta Premium (pubs only) has the games live, BUT it costs a pub something like $500/game to show it. The result around here is that you pay a $20 cover just to get in and watch...either at a local RFC clubhouse or a good pub. Even in a city as large as Toronto, with a massive British, Aussie, NZ and SA expat population, you can count the places to watch rugby live on one hand...sad, really.

15. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

$500 a game? flipping eck, now i can appreciate that place i went to a bit more! i just thought they were taking the mick!

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

oh also vistaway, you know you said the one you can get at home, do you mean that you get them in the apartments or just generally at home? cheers

17. vistaway

vistaway New Member

I doubt you can get Sentanta Sports at the apartments, unfortunately. I know it's $15 a month extra for us here in Canada, and I would imagine it's the same in the US (same feed for North America...and it's not the UK one even)....but like others have said, there are so many British expats in Orlando, there are lots of good places to watch the matches.