Roles.

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by shaunamufc7, Nov 2, 2011.

1. vanderlyle

vanderlyle New Member

I am from NZ, haha. I am already accepted though :) Merch/Vacation Planning for a year.

2. aoates

aoates New Member

Waaaaa I have a f2f interview and Ive ticked... Operations, as Id love to be on an attraction ideally, and character attendant... however I have experience as a lifeguard but I don't know if I should tick it or not as I don't know the chances of being in a hotel pool, rather than a water park, as that's where I'd rather be... Are two boxes too little to tick? Also to me 'Recreation' seems a bit vague??

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'd tick more than two else you wouldn't look very flexible!
    Also, if you wanted a hotel or a waterpark specifically make sure you'd tell them and they would do their best - no guarantees obviousely but still, better than nothing :)
    xx

4. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

wow vanderlyle I would love vacation planner, that's one we can't get sad times, does that make us even? lol well done for getting the CP though :D it'll be great!

yeah 2 seems a little amount to tick, like katie says they want flexible people, doesn't mean you can't just talk about one role only in your interview! last yr I talked just about attractions and was given attractions (initially) so it could still work out exactly how you want it too :D good luck :D

5. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Abee, if you work in recreation you could be operating slides in the waterparks, working at the crazy golf locations, working at bike hire (like at Fort Wilderness) or speedboat hire (At the boardwalk or Grand Floridian for example) so there is lots of flexibility with where you could be placed!

I agree that two roles probably isn't enough to tick. Of course, make sure they know your preferences and show them why you are suitable for the role you want to do, but also show them that you are motivated and willing to do other roles too!

6. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

I agree with everyone, I doubt 2 would be enough. I was only going to tick 3 but I thought it doesn't look to professional does it. I really only want attractions or if not attractions then merchandise but Ive ticked 5 :) because I really just wanna get out there.

7. aoates

aoates New Member

Thanks for the wise advice! I will have a think and tick more :D x

8. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

I've ticked 9!

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I've ticked everything except lifegaurd, character performer, character attendant and custodial :)
    Xx