Rejected!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ianwarn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Omgosh! Thank you so much for finding this out piglet!! Will def be making the trip up to leeds for this! Not staying in notts and hanging around waiting to apply haha thank you sooooo much for posting ot on here, so grateful :)

2. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

but also, if it is yummy jobs then we wont be able to apply will we? dont you have to wait 6 months before applying to another one of their programmes?

3. LisaInWonderland

LisaInWonderland New Member

Hey guys I went to the universal meetings last year (and got accepted) before you go to the interviews swot up on your harry potter knowledge as they were keen to place all British people in the harry potter land and must know some knowledge! x

4. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Thanks Lisa! will do some swotting up on HP. Way more interesting than uni work anyway haha just see it as an excuse to watch all the films again :)

5. lydisney

lydisney New Member

mufcgirl - i'm studying advertising, i personally think this may have had an impact on my application but maybe that's me trying to make myself feel better...

emma b - i also thought we had to wait 6 months, is anyone else's yummyjobs account still saying 'you cannot apply for this program as you already have an outstanding application with yummyjobs'?

6. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

whhaaaat... omg thankyou so so much! now i can stop taking my phone bill almost into triple figures calling america all the time lol, that's so weird that yummy jobs are involved hehe oh well :p
    any "Disney rejectees" wanna meet up for this presentation? it'd be nice to meet you all :)
    oh and btw about the whole not being able to apply for another yummy jobs application, i called yummy jobs and they said they would fix it :D

7. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

I LOVE Harry Potter, second to Disney this would be so perfect!
    Anyone know if there are any other presentations than this one at Leeds Met? And is it definitely possible to go to them even if you are not a student at that university??

8. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

This is such good news about Yummy and Universal, at least now we know why none of them have been getting back to us. I wonder if you are able to apply for Universal if you still have an application with Disney? I want apply for Universal just in case I don't make it past the F2F stage of the ICP.

I was also wondering too mufcgirl, if there is anymore maybe in Manchester instead of me travelling to Leeds?

9. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

I emailed Manchester Met last week but so far have heard nothing back

10. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Oh good so we"ll be able to apply for this then? Yay! And I would like to meet up with anyone that's going - it'll be nice to actually meet you all after talking on here! :)

11. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Ahh i wanna work in Harry Potter World but I need to finish the books, i actually started reading them this year from the 1st for the first time to prepare me for the program lol but i'm only on the 6th book so far, still don't know what happens at the end yet :eek:

I'd actually really appreciate it if no1 would talk about any major spoilers or at least put SPOILER at the front lol i've been trying really hard to get them all read but stupid uni work is too much :p better get them read before 22nd then i guess :eek:

& i think there will be more presentations round the country they just won't tell us till the end of this month :D

12. JoeyJo

JoeyJo New Member

Me too!! Im gutted not to have got a face to face interview.. I've been looking on here for a while, but im not giving up, i would love to meet up for the universal presentation at leeds met, does anyone know if thats the only place they are going to around the country?

13. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

Yummy jobs mentioned last week that they had an "exciting new announcement" which was to be revealed this week, i'm assuming that this is it, and us early birds have got some leaked info about it ;) so i guess we'll know more exact details pretty soon. But i'm all for Leeds on the 22nd, it's should be exciting =D

14. Kimnjinx

Kimnjinx New Member

I emailed yummy jobs about not being able to apply for anything since being rejected for Disney, and Kristen replied to me saying once the 'announcement' has been made they will open all applications. I live in Leeds so I'm dedinately gonna go to this presentation at Leeds Met :)

15. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

The person you met could have been the person I know! As he also said it was 'ok' and didn't seem too enthusiastic about it. But he has done three disney summer programs... so maybe that's why he didn't like universal so much!

16. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Wow this thread got buuusy! I would LOVE to work in harry potter world! However I am not THAT please that it will be done through yummy jobs, as I can not make it to any pre screens again! :(

17. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

I had emailed Manchester Met asking if they will be having a presentation for Universal and they just got back to me......

Yummy Jobs currently has the contract for Universal Orlando and we’re hoping to get them in during the spring term. In the meantime, it might be worth contacting them through their website

Hmm I would have thought all of the recruitment would have been done before the spring term ?

18. Piglet

Piglet New Member

tbh though, it may have changed for him, if you had of asked me that question when i worked at Disney at the beginning i would have said the work is awful.. which tbh it didn't get any better but the program itself is good i just had a terrible job =']

19. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

okay so i rang Yummy jobs and they said that this "exciting new opportunity" was going to be announced in late november after they were done with all the disney stuff, and that they would hold presentations in January, i didn't mention universal, but i was majorly confused o_O i thought there was supposed to be one in Leeds on the 22nd nov not jan :S

20. Piglet

Piglet New Member

yeh there is a presentation in Leeds, they probably just can't give too much away yet but next year is probably when applications are opened cos it's not as popular as Disney x