Rejected!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ianwarn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

Ok right now I am a little bit excited again coz working at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be almost as amazing as working at Disney!! But I am stressing coz I have been trying to figure out how to apply to Universal for months and still no luck! Really don't want to miss out as I am third year so this is my last chance!! I know that my uni won't have any presentations as we never seem to have anything like that. I go to uni in London, but am from Manchester so if they were going to have a presentation at Manchester Met again I could hopefully go home and go to that if it's possible...so if anyone hears anything please please post it on here!

2. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

yeah, fingers crossed we can go to a presentation and find out more on how to apply. It's so terrible we didn't get to go to Disney, but maybe we can form a Universal 2012 group!!! :p

3. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

I have just been on Manchester Met's website but I could only find info on the presentation last year so I have emailed asking if they are going to be holding a presentation again this year. I will let everyone know if I hear anything back from them!

4. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Haha universal 2012 is the way forward! Its so great to talk to you guys, makes not being accepted so much easier to handle. If I hear anything or find out any more info about this ill post but universal and seaworld seem quite un contactable haha

5. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Thank you :) hope you do hear back!

6. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

I hope so too!
    And yeah I agree it definitely makes me feel better to speak to people on here who are feeling the same as me :) so thanks everyone!!

7. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

yupp, i've left like 5 messages with universal and sea world, they're probably listening to them and thinking "oyyy, this kid again!" ah well, i'll definitely post anything they say if they get back. And i know what you mean, if i was isolated in being rejected from disney with nobody else to talk to about it who really understood why it's such a big deal, i'd go nuts :p

8. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

ahaha im the same but with emails! i bet theyre just all going into the junk inbox... yeah no one else really understands how much the placement meant to me but you all clearly feel as strongly about it and even though it is diappointing we didnt get it, we were clearly just meant for better things :D haha thank you everyone :)

9. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

btw did it say when the presentations were last year?

10. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

Yes last year it was on the 17th November at Manchester Met....so looks like they should be happening soon! :s

11. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

oh wow yeah thats pretty soon! hopefully we've found out about these just in time then!

12. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

It has been good to know that you guys are out there too so it isn't just a lonely rejection! haha. I have heard nothing back from universal either! This is pretty annoying! If we did get it we would have to save up some pennies to buy ourselves some Disney passes ;)

13. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

haha, best get a Disney money tin for all those pennies and twos lol

14. Piglet

Piglet New Member

i already have a £2 jar that was for Disney, its full :p yay

btw we should all try and meet up if we all go to the same presentation whether it be Leeds or Manchester :)

15. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Yeah that's a good idea - would be nice to meet you all!

16. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

haha, I have a toy story tin which i have absolutely no idea how much is in :p and yeah, it'd awesome to put names to faces and faces to names xD

17. I agree that having a pre screen f2f interview is a bit unfair, and what with the phone interviews being rushed through it just seems like they'd decided who was going through before they'd even started interviews. I hope something comes up soon with these programs, there's nothing more annoying than sending emails and never getting a reply. Pretty bad really.

18. Pearcy

Pearcy New Member

Well after over 3 weeks of waiting I finally got an email saying that I was unsuccessful...

19. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

sorry to hear that, i know terrible it feels- join the club :p

20. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Not to worrry you guys but I send a message to leeds met using the query form on their careers bit asking if they knew of a universal studios presentation - just had a reply back saying that they're not aware of anything like this :S still got no reply from universal either :(