Rejected!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ianwarn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

and joy... they put me through to an answering machine and i had to leave a message... that's just.. awesome :/
    i feel like a part of me died when i read that rejection e-mail.... i really want to get something out of this

2. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

Oh boo, thanks for trying though!
    Why is it so complicated?! I am worried because I am sure I contacted Universal in my first year and was told they had held interviews in the UK in November and I'd missed them :s

Please let us know if you hear anything! Thanks!

3. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

will do- i filled in the application form that was on the website for international students as well, hopefully they'll get back to us- did anyone else ring them?

4. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

I just filled out the one for Alliance Abroad too! Hopefully hear something back, if I do I will make sure I let you all know! I do not really want to do the summer loving scheme and end up in the middle of no where! If I don't hear back from universal/sea world then I think it will just have to be a rather expensive month long holiday next summer! Better start saving! haha

5. haha i took the chance with that program, and luckily for me it worked out. If I remember, the locations for summer lovin were: rapid city SD, saratoga springs NY, mackinaw city MI, marthas vineyard MA, then there were a few in maine, and some others in michigan. I hand't heard or knew of any of the places. An american friend told me obama vacations on marthas vineyard though lol

6. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

There is also something called Kamp USA if any of you's are interested in working for a camp but you'll be working in like the kitchens, maintenance etc not as camp leaders. Its on the BUNAC website.

Ive had the same problem with Universal, they just keep telling me to email these different people and I'm getting nowhere. Hopefully I don't have to apply properly if I get through the F2F interview.

I'm so sorry for you all, I wish you guys the best of luck with Universal/Seaworld etc.

7. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

^^ thanks :) i know it seems there was a bigger chance if we went to one of the presentations at one of the unis yummy visited. Anywho, Becky at yummy said we all could have gone to those presentations if we wanted, we didn't have to go to that uni.... ahhh if only we'd known that before.... she also said that yummy jobs is releasing something "next week" which will be "just as exciting" as the WDWICP so we can add that to our list of hope-fulls if it is that exciting :p

8. Piglet

Piglet New Member

cool that sounds interesting! & btw my tutor said Universal are doing presentations at my uni in mid November, i'll try get a date and more details but that will be at Leeds Metropolitan University x

9. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

really?! that sounds amazing, i wonder if anyone go to can go to those presentations like the Disney ones, or do you have to be student at Leeds? thanks for posting! :)

10. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'm guessing you can probz just go and they do interviews after, last year they were recruiting English people specifically for Harry Potter World :p

11. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

oohhh, that sounds so awesome!! maybe there is hope!! lol :D if you could get more info that would be absolutely fantastic!!! :D

12. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Iv emailed all the possible email addresses for universal and seaworld - none have answered as of yet but ill post on here if anything does come about from it. It would be awesome if anyone could just turn up to the universal presentation - if I'd have known that you could go to the disney ones without being a part of the uni I would have been right there! How did you find out they were going to your uni? X

13. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

I would LOVE harry potter world!

14. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Well I used to go to Leeds Met and last year I was at a uni in London but Leeds were still emailing me, they emailed me with a Harry Potter email all pretty with pics :p saying Interviews and presentations were taking place at Leeds Met & Manchester Met but at the time i never went cos i was down in London & had just got back from the Disney ICP. Now i'm back at Leeds Met i've emailed the guy who sent it last time and he's said they're coming to the uni in November :)

15. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Amazing - my bros at leeds met so if there are presentations I think ill go down. I'm at nottingham and we never seem to get presentations from disney or universal. I'd really love to do a summer program like that though. Thank you so much for mentioning it :) if you find out a date, would you mind posting it on here? X

16. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Yeh sure will! tbh our uni is a bit rubbish though, they told us about Disney this year on October 10th which is pretty much too late lol and the year i got in they didn't tell my classmates till December and by then i'd already had my f2f so every1 else ended up not even being able to apply before they'd hired everyone lol I only emailed the guy this time cos i remember it being too late to apply last year and i don't wanna miss it this year, i don't know why they don't have an official application somewhere! it seems pretty unorganised tbh, I'm gunna go ask the placement office next Tuesday but hopefully i'll get an email before then and i'll let you know what's going on x

17. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Ahh yeah that is late! They all seem a bit organized really! Iv emailed countless address from universal! And seaworld is just as hard to contact. Oh well, we'll get there somehow haha thank you so much :) x

18. banable

banable New Member

Are you at Nottingham Uni or Nottingham Trent? I at Trent in my second year, and Iv never heard of them coming here ever.

I didnt get a f2f either, which has made me even more determined to get one next year. I think its unfair that Alumni get to go back when they’ve already had such an amazing experience, while other people (especially those on here) so obviously want to go dont even get a proper chance.
    Iv always believed in whats ment to be is ment to be, thats why Im applying next year because (although I didnt think I could) I want it so much more now!!

Good Luck to everyone with their new plans, you never know, your summer 2012 might be so much better than you thought it would be!!

19. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I do see your point but i'm an alumini reapplying so i can't agree too much lol I just feel like everyone should get a f2f because you can't tell how good anyone is over the phone! & in someways it's actually harder being an alumini cos i know what i'm missing, i'm gutted that my chance to see my mates for one last time is over and all the things i wanted to do that i didn't do last time aren't going to happen now :( oh well, but yeh it took me a while to decide whether i could leave my boyfriend again and i got over it and didn't even get through lol the plus side is that i actually really wanna work at HP world so if i can get a chance for that one i will be happy i didn't get through to Disney and am trying something different :p x

20. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

I'm at trent too but am in my third year so cant apply to the ICP program again. Trent never have presentations like that. Im gutted becasue it was something i really wanted to do but wasnt in a position to apply until this year. im not sure i want to apply for the CR program either. I do think everyone should have a face to face interview though. I dont think its fair that the people who manage to go to their presentations at uni get to have a pre screen f2f instead of a telephone interview because i think you can get so much more information across and can see expression in a f2f where as its hard sometimes to convey these things over the phone. I do think that maybe as the program is so popular it should be a one time thing so that more people get the chance to experience it or to have a seperate program for returning alumni.

At least when you apply next year you'll have an idea of how the system works and hopefully have more chance of winning them over in the phone interview. :)

Piglet, good luck for universal! I really hope something comes about from it - working at HP world would be amazing so fingers crossed we find out some more info. :)