Rejected!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ianwarn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

they never came to my uni :( sad times- if i'd known that, i probably would have chosen a different uni...

2. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

i cant access the universal orlando jobs page...is anyone else having this problem. even more desperate to get summer work abroad now haha deary me! the seaworld one sounds great too and seaworld is awesome haha

3. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

I had a look but for international students it just provides an email to write and find out info? I would love the sea world one but that also appears to be the same, just email!

4. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

i can't get a hold of anyone over the phone, it just goes to a machine :/

5. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Wouldn't it be 9am over there now though? Maybe they just are not in the office yet! Let us know of any info! We can make our own band of merry disney rejects! haha

6. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

woo yeah!!! oh and btw- if you e-mail that link on the universal jobs page they just e-mail back a link to http://www.greatexchanges.org/index.html which is the recruiter kind of thing for universal

7. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

ohh, i cant even get on the website haha may you post the email on here? and it may just be me being very stupid but i couldnt find an email on the seaworld one either? the stress of not knowing and then being rejected has turned my brain to mush! haha we'll just all group together and do placements at seaworld/universal. we'll still get the summer we want :)

8. I already contacted universal and have sent an email to both the websites they gave me, ive had no reply from either

9. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

don't worry- there's no e-mail for the sea world one- just a number, and the e-mail from universal( interpro@universalorlando.com) (from a few months ago) was basically:

"Universal Orlando partners with an organization called GREAT (Global Resources for Education and Travel) that assists international university students and recent graduates with obtaining work authorization and housing for the J-1 Summer Work and Travel Program as well as the J-1 Internship Program.
    At this time, Universal Orlando has completed recruitment for international programs taking place in 2011. However, if you are interested in participating in an international program during 2011 and would consider employers other than Universal Orlando, you are welcome to contact GREAT via their website www.GreatExchanges.org to learn more about the requirements for these programs and to request that they inform you about possibilities GREAT may have to offer with other companies."

i think applications should be open now for 2012 but i just can't get a hold of anyone who knows how to apply!!!!! ack, the stress- but totally we can have this summer!!!! :D

10. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Sorry you are right about the Sea world site not having an email! I emailed the universal one but I just looked at the link you provided and have filled in a information request form on that site on this page http://www.greatexchanges.org/pages/uk_partic_form.html
    Hopefully hear back about what they have to offer!

11. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I had Michelle and got rejected :/ & i actually thought it went really well, last time i had Becky and got through... oh well i wanna do universal too anyway so i guess i'll try for that. But sorry every1 that didn't get through too :(

12. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Another one who had Michelle :eek: Im noticing a pattern :(

13. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Yeh this sucks :/ Mine wasn't even late or rushed it just must have been really bad haha

14. OhBrendy

OhBrendy New Member

I just checked my emails and got a rejection for the program!
    From Michelle too!
    I sent mine on the first of October and didn't even get a phone interview. Next year I'm gonna try and get my application in ASAP since the 'overwhelming response' to the DICP leads me to think that my application really didn't have a chance.
    I didn't know Universal and SeaWorld offered international programs :O

15. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Wow I think she just must mark people quite harshly! Power trip! haha

16. Piglet

Piglet New Member

well i sent mine 2nd September but then didn't realise theyd emailed me with a telephone interview so i ended up with a really late date! Which i think kinda ruined my chances cos maybe theyd already emailed loads of great people.. hmm

17. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Mine was one of the very first interview dates!

18. Piglet

Piglet New Member

ahh, it must just be realllyyyy busy this year then :( oh well. i have one plus side tho...ive already started saving for the programme, got about £100 so far and my £700 bursary in Jan was gunna pay for the flight.. cos i'm not going i can now afford driving lessons for summer 2012 :D ha

19. Im glad i didnt have michele i had becky, but even that wasnt enough lol you guys should check out the summer lovin program, not the most desirable locations or jobs but i did it this summer and would go back and do it all again despite living in a not so nice house in the middle of nowhere haha

20. Piglet

Piglet New Member

ah i think i was gunna do that this year but couldn't get the money for it, how much does it cost like do u have to pay for stuff over there? I don't really know much about it..