Piercings (urgent!)

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by allsorts3, Jan 2, 2010.

1. mpeacocke

mpeacocke New Member

What would happen if at Traditions they were to look at your piercing holes or hair colour and decide that it didn't fit with the Disney look?

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

You'd be asked to change it, I'd assume. And if it's not changeable, probably sent home.

3. ariella

ariella New Member

There was a few people who didn't pass the Traditions inspection for wearing the wrong clothes and they were sent back to housing to change and then had to come back before Traditions actually started. If they didn't get back in time, they had to attend Traditions later on in the week which meant waiting even longer for their park ID.

I noticed with the Traditions I attended they were more concerned with if our outfit passed the Disney Look, the inspection we had a few days earlier at the housing complex when we got our park assignments dealt more with hair/piercings/tattoos to give us time to change it before Traditions.

4. debz

debz New Member

what outfits did the people tend to wear and what got people sent back to change?

5. ariella

ariella New Member

Before Traditions, they will give you sheet which outlines exactly what to wear and what not to wear but I still have mine for last year so I'll type it out to give you an idea. I imagine things won't change that much.

One girl I saw get sent away was wearing capri pants, they were dressy but we couldn't wear capri pants regardless of the style. You will be using this guideline for clothes from Traditions until you start your on the job training with your costume (I had two days of training at Disney University besides Traditions before starting on the job training). Make sure to bring comfortable dressy footwear because when you have your park orientation you have to wear professional attire and will be walking around outside for half the day. You will also follow the Traditions clothing guideline if you decide to take classes at Disney University. Your first two days when you sign paperwork and attend meetings at Vista is casual wear but bring a sweather or jacket because the room is freezing cold.

Women Acceptable:
    Dress, suit or dress pants with blouse or polo style shirt preferred
    Clothing should be neat, pressed and conservative in nature. Shirts should be tucked in
    Dress shoes are required. Sandals, even dress-style sandals, are not permitted
    Hosiery or socks must be worn
    Hair must be neatly arranged in a conservative style.
    Hair colour, including highlights, must be natural looking, well maintained and complementary to your skin tone.
    Refer to the Disney Look book for guidelines on nail polish and jewlery (including earrings).

Women Unacceptable:
    No jeans, spandex, Capri-length pants, or sheer fabrics. Pants may not have contrast stitching or rivets like jeans.
    No sleeveless shirts or dresses.
    No dress or skirt length shorter than 3 inches above knee, or longer than the bottom of the ankle.
    No T-shirts, athletic shoes, etc.
    No shorts
    No sandals, athletic shoes, sneakers, tennis shoes, platform shoes, cowboy boots or flip flops.
    No jewlery may be worn in body piercing(s), including, but not limited to, the nose and tongues.
    No visible tattoos.

Men Acceptable:
    Suit or dress trousers and collared shirts (oxford or a plain polo style) are preferred. Ties and jackets are optional. Shirts should be a solid colour or a conservative, business-style print, and free from logos.
    Clothing should be neat, pressed and conservative in nature. Shirts should be tucked in.
    Dress shoes and socks are required.
    Sideburns should be neatly trimmed, straight and of even width, and may not extend beyond the bottom of the earlobe.
    Hair must be neatly cut and styled not extending beyond or covering the ears or collar.
    Hair colour, including highlights, must be natural looking, well maintained and complementary to your skin tone.
    Mustaches must be neatly trimmed, not extending past the corners of the mouth, and not covering the lip. No extreme styles permitted. Face must be clean-shaven.

Men Unacceptable:
    No jeans or spandex. Pants may not have contrast stitching or rivets like jeans.
    No T-shirts or other collarless shirts.
    No shorts.
    No athletic shoes, sneakers, tennis shoes, cowboy boots, flip flops or sandals.
    No asymmetrical or bi-level style haircuts.
    No beards.
    No jewellery may be worn in body piercing(s), including, but not limited to, the ear, nose and tongue.
    No visible tattoos.

6. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

I'm really worried about the shoes because I have a hard time finding shoes that fit and don't hurt my feet. I can't wear flats, they ruin the back of my ankle and the sides of my feet (they cut/burn into the skin... tried tons of flats and nothing works for me!) and heels hurt too. What kind of shoe would I be allowed to wear that wouldn't make my feet bleed? :/

7. debz

debz New Member

thank you so much for the info, its great thanks!

8. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

One guy at my Traditions got sent to shave!
    I remember reading that list and the first thing I thought was "darn it, I can't wear my cowboy boots and spandex" - I can't remember why!
    I had a fitted shirt, which obv doesn't tuck in properly - they were fine about it, but I could have kind of tucked it in I suppose... I think I may try and get a skirt for this year though.

It wasn't too bad walking about the Magic Kingdom in heels - felt a bit odd (we got some strange looks in our attire!), but thankfully we weren't outside too much in the heat with our smart outfits!

Eve - maybe low heels? If you are prepared to spend a bit more, try a proper shop like Clarks or Jones the bootmaker, Marks and Sparks do some very comfortable shoes, as do Next (they're kind of designed for them I think) - but maybe start looking now so you could break them in a bit? They are quite strict on it - one of my friends forgot an outfit for Traditions and had to goto Walmart to buy one (I think including shoes!). Just shop around - and don't buy something you don't think will work (or maybe put plasters on your feet for park orientation and ''man up''? ;) It is only half a day - for Traditions you are mostly seated).
    Good luck!
    xx

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOL, I spend far too much of my life selling shoes in that shop... yay to missing back to school time next summer - icp instead ;D But yes, from an expert on clarks shoes I can definately say they are very comfortable and actually, you can get a decent pair of boring work shoes for about £20-30 in there... perfect for traditions.

10. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

Unfortunately, I don't live in the UK :(

11. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Hey :)

When Disney say that a dress can be worn as long as it have sleeves, are cap sleeves okay?

Thank you!

12. gldc

gldc New Member

Would something like this do? http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/EndUses-is-smart/Department-is-men/product-is-00112643

and say you are working in attractions do they provide all the clothes inc. shoes or would the above shoes do for that too...

13. catfish278

catfish278 Member

They will provide your costume, this includes everything but underwear and shoes! Those shoes would be fine for traditions and maybe for working, it depends on where you are... a lot of people waited to buy shoes until they were out there...

I reckon most of the shoes on this page: http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/Department-is-men/EndUses-is-backtocollege would be fine as long as they're black all over :) the main thing is you want comfort because you will probably be on your feet all day!!