Next Available Start Date

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by j0hnyoung, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I loved ODF!!! Sometimes I wish I would've chosen operations, but for QS F&B, I think ODF was the best! It was fun, I got to know pretty much all the studios before really exploring it on my own. I also loved that some of the popcorn carts were air conditioned :p
    Yeah I remember just before I left they started to have some of the electronic carts, which is a good idea I guess. It's not fun pushing heavy carts full of soda's and ice/water, uphill, both ways, while avoiding guests and kids who can't seem to see a gigantic cart coming towards them. Lol.

I mostly hung out with my roomates and other Canadians, though I met a lot of people I probably wouldn't remember too much :-\ I Lived in building 33. It was the time of my life!

I do have facebook, my e-mail address is hab_happy@hotmail.com, you should be able to find me using that.

2. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

what does odf stand for ?! :-[

3. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

OutDoor Foods

4. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

o ahahah i am just dumb!!!

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Nah, it was a fair questions..Its just a random set of letters..I probably wouldn't no what it was if I hadn't worked there before..

6. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

i am pretty good at all the other abbriveations

but occasionaly there are a few that get me!

7. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Yeah, it's not something someone would know unless they've heard it before. I'm pretty sure a decent number of Castmembers wouldn't know what it stood for if you asked them.

As long as you know what WDW stands for, that's the most important one! lol

8. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

When I first applied to Yummy, they thought I was applying for the graduate program! I emailed them to explain I'd done quite enough studying for a year or two (hehe!) and that I actually wanted to apply for the CRP program. They messaged me back saying that's fine although the CRP program is harder to get onto. I still decided to go over to the CRP. I went through the phone interviews etc and got invited to the f2f and then I got an email inviting me to an interview for the graduate program as well haha!! We got things cleared up in the end though thank goodness! :D Thats the thing with emails- so much confusion! :D The graduate program looks good though..!

9. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I'm also waiting until August to re-apply.

I'm consolling myself now that I got rejected because I submitted my application after January 15th. And because my covering letter was rather pants. I'm working on that though :) xx

10. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

May I ask what you had written or how long your covering letter was? :)

11. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I guess the sames guna happen to me then! I dont mind though, it might tempt me to do the grad program, you never know..

The grad program I feel is abit expensive tho, $2225, is alot of money for 6 months..Think it equals about $300 a month, just to be there..When I went for the year, it was only $2450 for the year..So that for a start is the reason I dont want to do the grad program..

I've also always wanted to do the cult rep program, so it makes sense to do it..Someone told me though that you couldnt go on two year programs..I guess they thought I was going back on the J1 program again tho..Coz I dont think you can do that one twice...

12. omgholly

omgholly New Member

It was basically too short and too vague. I didn't sell myself at all. Bah.

13. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Im hoping that I wont have to do a covering letter, coz ive already been before..

Im pretty sure I did one for my first program..But then I didnt need to do it for my second program..

14. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I think I would do one anyway... a cover letter can really sell you on someone. As long as it's done well, it can give you an advantage, so why not?

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I think because I've been before though, surely they'll just see that i've got a good re-hire status..

You never know though I guess..

I'd have thought though, they'd look at how I performed on my year over there..

16. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Just a tip... because you've worked for them before it doesn't guarantee that you will get through, so my advice would be to do a cover letter as well as it won't harm your chances- more then anything it will help your case. And because the CRP is so popular, you need to make yourself stand out from other applicants. :)

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..I no what you mean..

This will be the third time i've gone if I get accepted..

I'd think going before gives me as much chance as someone who hasn't been before..

I dont think that its really taken into consideration that much..

Only thing that helps you is that I guess you have contacts in Disney to give you references if need be..

18. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Well I think they do take it into consideration if you have been before. They know that you can work under those conditions and whether or not you'll do well. I think a cover letter though can emphasize your enthusiasm and solidify your receiving a position.

19. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

One thing to note is that Yummy Jobs may not have all the information Disney has on you when they initally look at your CV. They're a seperate recruiting company who do the initial weeding out of who they consider to be the weakest candidates, so its worth selling yourself well to them, because your Disney record may not be seen at this point.

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah I know what you mean..

Im hoping my f&b experience from my year at Disney helps me out..

I basically did my whole year in ODF, as I really enjoyed my first 5 months that much..Im hoping they'll see that experience as a good one..As alot of the places I worked were like the Harry Ramsdens thing in the UK pavillion...