Next Available Start Date

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by j0hnyoung, Feb 8, 2009.

1. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Well the best thing is , that u have applied for the graduate program and good luck with that. xx

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Cheers..Think im guna go for the cult rep program now tho..The grad program costs $2225, which I think it abit of a rip off for 6 months..When I'd like to do the cult rep more..I'd just be doin the grad program as a way to get back to disney really..

Guess it's an anxious 8 month wait for me to find out whether or not ill be goin!

3. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Join the club! lol

I will be applying in the summer as well for departures in 2010. It's such a long wait even just to apply eh? I almost want the time to go by fast just to get my application in and get the process rolling.

4. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

The whole application process is such a wait!

i applied in may.
    had phone interview in august.
    coulda gone to the f2f in eastern canada in oct but i had no cash mon for the flight.
    then i waited for 3 months just to find out where/when my f2f in vancouver will be.
    i know know when, but i still dont know where. (like what hotel)
    and then theres the wait to know if i got accepted.
    THEN if i do get accepted i still have to wait probs a few months to go!

holy cow!
    patience is a virtue!

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

This will be my third program..So im used to the wait now! It'll be my second year program if I get in..

Think i've just got disney in the blood now!

Although I think its orlando that I love about it just as much as it is disney..

I also dont no my re-hire status..So i've emailed to ask whether I even can go back...

6. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

this would be your third time?!

wow totally jealous!

7. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, I did the Summer Program..June 2006-September 2006..Then I went back for a year to do my placement year for university..August 2007-August 2008..

Loved every minute of it!

8. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

ah!! as stated before: i am totally jealous!!

.... disney is ALL i think about... like i should be studying for midterms.. but instead i am reading blogs and this forum :S

9. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I should be doing my dissertation and passing my degree, so Im actually able to go to disney!

Instead, im addicted to this forum, as it makes me think of the good times in disney!

10. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

it gets me SOOO pumped!!!!

i am only in my second semseter so i keep telling myself if i don't do GREAT its not that big of a deal..

really ... ahahha

11. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Ah gosh that sucks you weren't allowed to apply late, as I just missed the deadline too... gutted :( ah well... will have to wait till August :mad:

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

At least there's 3 of us waiting..We can all wait together..Im sure they'll be more people joining us!

13. BeautifulBelle

Oh yea, probably another 1000 people!!! :-X

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Good thing is though, that Michele told me that there are more start dates for the time were applying for..So hopefully that means they'll be giving out more jobs..

Hopefully the US economy will be on the up as well, which should mean even more jobs! ;D

15. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

There will a few more for sure! I have a few friends who I met back in 2006 on our ICP who are thinking of going back as well.

JohnBoy, where did you work in '06? Maybe I saw you there sometime but never knew! I was in ODF at the Studios.

16. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I used to work on the parades at Magic Kingdom..

Did you live in vista or chatham? Think I was one of the only people on the summer 2006 program from the UK who lived at chatham!

17. BeautifulBelle

Well we can always hope and cross our fingers.
    And toes and arms and legs and eyes haha

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..Im hoping because ive already been back that it'll be an advantage to me..

Think I come on this forum to often..Just noticed that this is guna be my 1000th post!! haha.. :-\

19. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I lived in Vista. I think all the Canadians that I knew that went down for the ICP were at Vista too... I heard Chatham was nice than Vista, well newer anyway. Did you have a dead cockroach in your washroom to welcome you? lol

That is fun, I loved the Disney Dreams Come True parade, but I must say I'm really excited to see the new Celebrate Dreams Come True parade. I watched it on you tube, it looks really good! Also, I'm just a really big fan of the song, Celebrate You.

Yes we'll all be twisted like giant pretzels, and then spend our glorious days in Orlando! :D

Yeah, I'm hoping that since I'm an "alumni", it'll be an advantage too.
    Congratulations on the 1000th post!

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

How was ODF at studio's? I did it at animal kingdom for some of my placement year and really enjoyed it..

They started to go really hi-tech though..Which electronic cart do to everything..Then mini electric carts instead of the "dolleys"(Trolleys)..

Really enjoyed it though, like it that your always doing different things all the time..

Who did you hang around with in vista? Most of my friends lived in vista...

P.s..Have you got facebook matt?