Next Available Start Date

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by j0hnyoung, Feb 8, 2009.

1. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

:-\ Holy crap! Maybes I should just stick with the grad program then!

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Im hoping that seen as though I applied for the graduate program ages ago, they let me have a phone interview for the cult rep program..Think im just living in hope though!

The website is kinda wierd..Because it says "UK Applicants: We will start to review new applications from August 2009 onwards in time for the Autumn recruitment season."

But that would lead me to believe that they would be recruiting for the Autumn season..Which is from september..

But like someone's already said, I guess they mean it as thats when the interviews will take place...

3. ctravis

ctravis Guest

JohnBoy what Bombay sapphire was saying is right bout the dates. You would have to apply in August now for next year but dont give up coz they have closed all applications until August now. When did u apply for the grad programme? Have u not got interviews for that yet?

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Nope, they said the interviews for that wont be for ages yet!

I didn't apply for the cult rep program, because they never mentioned it to me..I completly forgot about it too be honest..When i'd asked them what was available to me, they just said the Graduate Program..Or the california program..

I applied for the graduate program probably in about December I think it was..Maybes even sooner..I think I applied in September, but then they said they wouldn't be taking applications till nearer the new year time..So I then sent them my CV in december..

I just want to get back to orlando..I love it so much..I did my placement year there, and absolutely loved every minute of it..

Thankyou for your advice ctravis :)

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Thanks! ;D

Not too hopeful that they'll let me apply at such a late date..

Anybody know if the last start date of 2009 is september?

I am sure that there always used to be an october and november start date?

Im keepin my fingers crossed that there is!

6. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Thats alright hun. I know wat u mean bout Orlando. I was there for the ICP program and i absolutely loved it and i learnt so much from it. Just everything with languages and living with ppl was just fantastic and of course helloooo its Disney lol.
    Maybe u should look further into the CRP and make a decision about it. good luck with it all :D

7. ctravis

ctravis Guest

I am not sure but i remember they stopped reviewing applicants mid jan and gave them phone interviews for end of jan and begining of feb and now everyone is waiting nervously for the results. So i am not sure how it all works really.

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Ah, ok..Fair enough then..

Guess i've missed the slot..Will have to be quicker next time..

Im just in a really weird situation..

Because I could do the graduate program with all my friends from October, and im pretty certain (touch wood) that I would get onto the graduate program..

OR..I take the gamble that I can get onto the Cult Rep in February...

I guess everyone's going to say gamble...right?

9. The interviews are for start dates from sep-dec09

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Ah, ok..Guess February it is for me then! Its abit annoying that they haven't had the interviews yet, but they've closed applications! Understand why though..

Sent them an email anyway, so will have to wait and see what they say tomoro..

Thanks for your help :)

11. Well at the end of the day we are quoting what they tell us, so u never know what they will say!

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, im hoping that because I applied for the graduate program ages ago, they might let me atleast have a phone interview for the Cult Rep..

Trying not to get my hopes up though, as there doesn't seem much chance of it happenin.. :'(

13. well u never know. But as far as i am aware the interviews are u know full. Alot of people have been rejected.

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, thats what im thinking..Guess it would be harsh to reject other people, then give me an interview..Suppose they could just give me an interview, then reject me..Might soften the blow! haha..

Can't believe they've been rejecting people though..I remember when I got my first job at Disney, I never heard of them rejecting anyone...

15. Yea when i went in 06. i didnt even f2f interview!

16. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I know..I went on the year program last year, for my placement year and loads of people just had phone interviews!

Did you go in summer 2006? Thats the year that I did the summer program! The interview was so casual..I felt they were guna finish with "when do you want to start??" They didn't suprisingly..But I did feel that I had that job in the bag already, before I even walked out the room!

17. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

all this talk abou rejection has got me biting my nails!!!!

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Sorry..Remember I haven't even applied for this program yet..So you stand alot better chance than I do! Haha..

19. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

ahahah no worries.

i just freeze at interviews.. but i guess i should be happy for making it this far.

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Just spoke to Michele on the phone..As people have mentioned, she said they've met the quota for this year application stage, so I wont be able to apply until late August this year..

Guess it was worth a go..Im a bit disappointed, but she said there's more of a selection of start dates for 2010..So I guess im not really too bothered about it..I didn't that there was much a chance of gettin an interview anyway, with there being thousands of applicants...