Newbie - paris audition help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madeleine, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

That's a really good idea. But i'm not sure if they would let me, seeing as i'm not 18 until February. I checked, and they said i was allowed to audition in January but this early...won't i just get sent straight home?

2. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Ah that sucks :(
    They want people to go out between sept and january for this audition so I guess not.
    I'm planning on attending- I'm not much of a dancer but I figure I have nothing to lose if I go, so I'll let you know about it :)

3. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

go for it! let me know how you get on.
    i know someone who didn't pass the dance stage of the audition, but got in anyway.
    once you're out there you can re-audition to be in parades and stuff. which is quite neat.
    good luck!

4. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Oh that's good to know about the dancing thing!!
    I will keep you posted

5. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

So really this is just a little info for you Madeleine but I went to the Tokyo audition yesterday in London, and they didn't check how old we all were- I think they only do that if you get to the further stages. But it may be the same for the Paris auditions so you still could go to the audition on the 16th because they may not check. Then you could just pull out before the next round or something- but at least that would give you an insight for what the audition in January will be like.

6. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

Thanks for that :D
    I might head down there, depends what my parents say about doing it this early, even if it is for experience. Sadly, they are quite strict on the Disney thing.
    How did the audition go?
    :)

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

The audition was fun, was full of performing arts school pupils- but it was held at a performing arts school so it was to be expected.
    The routine wasn't especially difficult, but I did mess it up when performing it when it really counted lol.
    The hardest part was probably trying to do the routine whilst staying in character- it was a face character audition so you had to perform the routine as if you were a princess, alice or wendy, a prince etc- and the category of character all depended on your height.

I think there were about 115 people at the audition and we were split into 2 groups of about 60, and whilst the first group were learning and doing their auditions we were kept in a holding room, And then we went and rehearsed and auditioned. Then after that they read out about 10-15 names of people from our group who had got through to the next round- and I'm assuming it was about that many in the first group too. They thanked everyone else and we were free to go, so then I spent the rest of the day shopping in london :)

I wasn't bothered, I went because I had nothing to lose- but it was a good experience.

8. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Hey everyone... Haven't been on this board in ages like! How is everyone?

I've just finished the CRP in WDW and I'm pretty set to audition for Paris. I have two friends who have previously worked there doing character and parade so they told me about this audition in January. Is anyone going to the Leeds one?

Just figured I would have a chat through out the whole process.

Interested in people going to the London one too. I only said Leeds because that's where I will be ha ha.

I read the thread and it sounds like it's gonna be really fun.

Any more tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated :D

James

9. GypsyEsmeralda

GypsyEsmeralda New Member

OMG! I could be Quasimodo! -romatic sigh-

I would LOVE to be Esmeralda at Disneyworld,Land or Paris! What are the requirements for her?

10. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

I'm off to the london audition on the 19th
    anybody else going to that?
    Goodness it's come around so quickly.
    they're being really specific this time, only wanting really short people, or tall people
    or face characters.

worth a try though.
    :D

11. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

hey madeleine!

where did you find the info for the audition? as I can't find it on the disney calendar... am I being stupid and scrolled past it? hmm.
    well I auditioned in july and got put on the waiting list, however my 6 months waiting list thing is over now so I gotta re audition and if I find the audition info then I will go along.
    A friend of a friend recently got back from her 6 month contract at DLP cause she was at the same audition as me back in July... she said it was fantastic. I asked her so many questions! she said to definitely re audition as they really need people for the summer season apparently... i'm gonna try get straight in there! i'm dying to get the job!

12. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

Hey briar rose :)

I got the information from another forum.
    the email people got is this :

Disneyland® Paris gives you the opportunity to perform in the “New Generation Festival†by joining their Character and Parade department, and is proud to announce it's next set of UK auditions.
    We are only looking for the following roles at these auditions:

Female look-a-likes / dancing roles*:
    Mulan 5’2†– 5’6â€
    Princess Tiana 5’5†– 5’8â€
    Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Mary Poppins, 5’5†– 5’8â€
    Sleeping Beauty, Jasmin 5’4†– 5’8â€
    Wendy, Tinkerbell 5’0†– 5’6â€

Male look-a-likes / dancing roles*:
    Prince Naveen, 5’10†– 6’2â€
    Aladdin, Prince Charming, Prince Eric, The Prince of Snow White, Belle & Sleeping Beauty 5’10â€â€“ 6’0â€
    Captain Jack Sparrow, 5’8†– 6’1â€
    Gaston 5’11†– 6’3â€
    Peter Pan, The Mad Hatter 5’0†– 5’7â€

Dancing and none dancing roles*:
    Male and female roles 4’5†– 5’1â€
    Male and female roles 5’11†– 6’5â€

*All Parade Performers and Character look-alike performers also perform as costume characters.

Contracts start dates between January and March 2010, for a minimum of 6 months. Housing possibilities. All candidates must be a minimum of 18 years old. Please bring your passport and a non-returnable CV.

Wear comfortable clothing, as you will be asked to participate in a movement/dance combination. All successful candidates will be asked to attend a job interview in the afternoon ending no later than 7 pm.

OPEN AUDITION CALLS:

17th January 2010 at 10:00 am
    Yorkshire Dance 3 St. Peters Square
    LEEDS
    (Opposite main bus station)

19th or 20th January 2010 at 10:00 am
    Pineapple Dance Studios
    7 Langley Street
    LONDON
    (Underground: Covent Garden)

Please find below our audition process:
    We will start the day with a small presentation explaining the conditions of character and parade work. Following this, everyone will participate in an animation section. There will be no need to prepare anything for this section or for the rest of the audition, as we will explain all that is needed from you, on your audition day.

We will then have our first selection/cut of candidates.
    All of the successful candidates will then take part in a dance/movement section, even if you do not have any dance skills, everyone will undertake this section to find out their dance levels. Please note that all of our parade performers and character face look-a-likes will do character work.

We will then have our second selection/cut of candidates. Also note; that we are looking for characters only, as well as character face look-a-likes and parade performers. Some of our positions require people that do not have dance abilities.

All of the successful candidates will then be placed for an informal interview in the afternoon, ending no later than 7 pm.

I hope that this gives you an insight to the audition process and that we are looking forward to seeing you soon.
    If you are unable to attend this audition or your profile does not correspond to our requests and you would like to attend a future audition date, you will need to reapply on our web-site after the 21/01/2010 once this set of auditions have been completed. www.disneylandparis-casting.com/en
    So come join us and be part of the magic of Disneyland® Paris

and here's the link to the forum if you want to check it out.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/index.php?showtopic=5402&st=530

It seems they are really specific with what they want this time but its deffo worth a try. :D
    You should totally get in there!
    i have a feeling they might be willing to take on more people seeing as its like a new parade thingy.

13. BeautifulBelle

ooh so i'm in the height range for cinderella, ariel, belle, snow white, mary poppins and sleeping beauty... i don't honestly think i look like the typical disney princess lookalike people they usually take on! arghh maybe i should just go along anyway to show determination!

14. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

I think its worth going for.
    You may not think you look like the characters, but you might be just what they're looking for, you never know.
    i don't think i have a very good chance of getting in but i'm going down anyway - for experience and stuff.
    I'm in Wendy and tinkerbell height range.
    and a quarter of an inch over 5"1 for the dancer and non dancer category, so hopefully they'll give me some leeway for that haha.
    Who knows.
    :D

15. BeautifulBelle

true I might be what they are looking for but when I went before I was put down for character and parades... not lookalikes so I highly doubt they will change their mind on me! but oh well i'll give it a bash i guess..

16. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

I've heard back from some people who auditioned in leeds and they said Disney are being really specific on heights.
    I'm quarter of an inch over 5"1, which was the limit for the short people,
    do you think they'll give me some leeway on that? Or just cut me out straight away.
    Scary stuff!