Mickey Mouse as a MatchMaker??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrEsT, Mar 24, 2005.

1. robynchic

robynchic New Member

I know I said it was cheesy for the whole concept of finding love in Disney...But one of the campus representatives at my school just asked his girlfriend that he met on the program to marry him!

2. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Man, that would be cool.

3. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

Thats so cute....good for the newly engaged couple!
    Sheena

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Hey! nice thread i have to say, and yes, dreams can come true in disney. I've met someone too, through this website and we talk everynight on msn and he's really nice. Hope we'll be together for a long time, but i'm not gona build my hopes up, i always do. but this feels different somehow! :D

5. ciara_deara

ciara_deara New Member

It would be really nice to meet someone down there, but its all about fin in the sun so i don't mind if its not anything serious even though that would be nice as well, its all fun in the of the day :p

6. Loz

Loz New Member

I'm just looking forward to meeting new people full stop! My hometown male talent basically consists of army guys who like to show off their cars and all my friends, who are nice, but are not the type I'm looking for.

Fingers crossed for meeting a nice, 20-ish guy with a great sense of humour and a soft spot for ooey-gooey Disney love.
    (And no, this is not a "wanted" ad ;D)

7. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

i think i just planned out my wedding folks....lol. Still I'm hoping to run away with Prince Eric as the back up plan...

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Me to! Can I come to yours if I invite you to mine? It'll be awesome, I'll wear Mickey ears.

I've decided I'm getting married in the Magic Kingdom, having the reception in the Wizard of Oz scene on the GMR (because you can do that you know!) and having fireworks and a trip in Cinderella's carriage.

Tada! Just need a fiance now ;)

9. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Shotgun bridesmaid!!!!!!!

10. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

Dreams do come true at Disney. I have not started the program yet but my girlfriend is out there working...we initially had not plans of getting married until we were more....settled but on my recent visit out there, we got engaged, there's no better place to get engaged than in Disney world!!!

11. Kevus

Kevus New Member

there is just something romantic about sitting in a hammock at the poly watching wishes!

12. Ashley

Ashley New Member

It does happen guys, I have been out here since Sept and was just expecting to have some fun but I have actually met someone out here who I care about loads. Also dont believe what you hear about UK lads, that they sleep round the world, yes some do but some dont (mine included!)
    Its great having someone out here, really romantic. Cant wait till next week when we go stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 2 nights x

13. lovethemouse

lovethemouse New Member

2 of my best friends met at WDW, they were in the queue for peter pan at MK and they just fell for each other, they met up every day while staying in disney thinking it would be a holiday "fling" but they couldnt resist finding each other in the UK. they went back to MK last year and jack proposed to Keri while watching the nighttime fireworks!!

how soppy but kinds kool!

so in answer mickey mouse was a very good matchmaker in their case!!!

they plan on getting married there too!

14. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

so i was looking through old threads and i found this. it got me thinking about how cool it would be to meet the love of your life while working at WDW. that's really be a dream come true hehe ;)

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That would be the best dream come true. Would you ever have a disney wedding? I think that would be amazing. I would love to meet the girl of my dreams at Disney.

16. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Love of my life, girl of my dreams, a bit of action, it's all good!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Are there many romantic proposes at Disney, like in the parks?

18. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Leom search it in youtube mate there are some AMAZING ones!!! Try and find the one where they are all making new years resolutions (I think that's what they are doing at least). Thats my favourite! :)

19. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Meeting someone while working for Disney would be like it's meant to be cuz if you both weren't doing the program at the same time you'd never have met. It'd be like fate lol. And I believe you can have a wedding at WDW and ride in Cinderella's carriage and stuff :D it costs a fortune though ;)

20. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

One of my friends (he actually used to post on this forum before he got a life) met a lovely girl in WDW who was on the Canadian CRP while he was on the ICP, and they're now engaged!