Looking for Disney Blogs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallie, Jul 25, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont mind how many people i share an apartment with because i enjoy making friends with new people, it is always enjoyable.

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

It can be really fun, but it all depends on who you get to live with. In the first apartment I lived in last time in Disney, I got some great roommates. But one girl who was a neat freak made me decide to move out, because I just couldn't handle her yelling at me all the time because I didn't clean other peoples dirty dishes.

In the other apartment was pretty much nice people too, but none of them cleaned the apartment, ever. And one girl couldn't handle that I told her that it was a problem that her boyfrien called at 5 or 6am every single morning, because it woke me up every day. Instead of just finding a solution to this she started to do stuff to get revenge on me, like washing her clothes in the middle of the night, when the washer was litterally right next to my pillow. She also got my roommate to occupy the bathroom for hours every night when she saw that I was about to go to bed...

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Oh don't get me wrong...I wouldn't have minded an 8 person apartment...I've just heard that because there are so many different personalities under one roof that people are more likely to argue or not get on with other people. I hate arguments that aren't necessary.

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thats shocking, does the Disney magic not prevent the arguments and the fighting? I dont like arguing or not getting along with people :-\

5. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Well, not everyone's there for the same reason as most of us here... Going to work for Disney is so different depending on where you're from... And even though many people get along great on some things, there's the cultural clashes.

6. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

yikes. the apartments sounds like a big of a jungle. i'm hoping to get a 4 person one max. just for the fridge space!!

7. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Mee too. I picture that four must be a perfect number. Because then you still get to share with some people from other places, but it's easier to get along when you're fewer...

8. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I suppose they all have their advantages, I'm just going on personal experience ;D But then again, I haven't had experience of living with less than 6 other people, so I don't really know the advantages to smaller numbers. 4 does seem like a nice number I have to agree.

I'm sorry to hear about the not nice experiences ;( Its surprising because everyone on here seems so nice!

9. Freckles

Freckles Guest

at uni my flat was seven people (including myself), max was eight in other flats. its not too bad as long as people clean and you get rules sorted out straight away.

can i ask where are the areas you can stay? cos ive heard loads of names tossed about and im getting confused lol.

10. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

It depends on what program you're on. If you're a CRP you'll end up in Patterson Court or Commons. If you're on the ICP you'll end up in Chatham Square or Vista Way. I think there's some ICP's in patterson too, but I'm not sure...

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ah thats cool. Thanks.

what are the treehouses people keep talking about?

12. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ah thats cool. Thanks.

what are the treehouses people keep talking about?

13. DisneyGibbs

The Treehouses used to be an "appartment" complex for ICP's working at the Magic Kingdom. They literally were treehouses next to Saratoga Springs? or was it Old Key West? I'm not sure.

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh wow, living like tarzan!!! that would be amazing. Real Disney feel.

15. Freckles

Freckles Guest

they sound awesome!!! are they still there?

16. DisneyGibbs

I'm not sure...they used to be a guest resort, and I know they've closed them now and are no longer used as apartments for ICPs...not that you could get into them anyway unless you were actually living there. I've heard they're being made into another resort, though I can't remember how true that is!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh well. so we wouldnt be able to use them if we were out there? Oh well, thats a shame.

18. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Haha yeah living in treehouses would be awesome....if they're the kind of treehouses we're thinking of (ie. Tarzan lol) does anyone know what they were actually like. Has anyone ever seen them or been in them?

But back to the topic...lol. I love all your blogs. I know they're meant to be read but I feel like kind of a snoop reading them but oh well you all know I'm not a stalker right? ;) It's kind of weird cuz I start to feel like i kind of know you all a little more. Louisa yours was the first I ever read, you were very thorough you had a post for pretty much everyday. It was a good read and it (as with all the blogs) gets me more excited about this opportunity and makes it more real. Cuz it still sounds too good to be true :D

19. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i know how you feel about being a snoop. but its cool to read about other peoples experiences and what not.

Do you have a blog disney_princess?

20. DisneyGibbs

Well lets just say they were quite like treehouses, but there was no internet in them, and only two buses...one to MK and one to the supermarket! As I said, you could never visit anyone and it was so out of the way that I think a lot of people felt left out.