Little Disney Things That Make You Smile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, Sep 12, 2008.

1. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

yes i agree with you!!! it even sounds like the guy that sometimes narrates the adverts. i think they were inspired by disney to do that advert lol.

2. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I'm not from the UK so I haven't seen it....
    There's a program here on the Food Network called Challenge where 4 teams each have to make a cake according to the theme of the show. Recently they had a "Disney Pixar" theme and last time it was a Disney Princess theme!! So they made these huge 3D cakes of Princesses. The awards were presented at WDW and the winning cake was served at a Disney Princess Tea. It was sooo cool (And the winner got to stay at WDW for 4 days or something in one of the resort hotels)

3. Cicada

Cicada New Member

LOVE those challenges! Did you see the villans one? I was so sad for the guy who made scar.

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That sounds amazing, i want to see this show, i am assuming you can only see it in if you stay in Canada?

5. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I think they have the food network in the states, they must since a lot of the shows are filmed there. But if you go on youtube (if you can get it in the uk) just search food network challenge and they have part of the princess and dr. seuss ones.

6. ~Disney_Princess~

oh I missed the villains one. Why did the Scar cake fall apart? I hate when that happens. It also happened to the team that made the Monsters Inc. Cake. It's so nerve wracking when they move the cakes and they're all wobbling and stuff ahhhh lol. I wonder if Wall Mart in Orlando has Disney shaped food haha

7. ~Disney_Princess~

8. Cicada

Cicada New Member

The scar cake was mechanical... it was him sitting and his right paw moved up and down. But the cake was too heavy and it fell. It was sad, but I didn't think the cake looked very good to begin with. He spend too much time on the mechanics so it looked like a cheap knockoff. I think the pixar one is the best. But I agree, I always get so nervous their cake is going to break when they move it. I dont understand why they can't just judge it from where it was built.

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

In Morrisons they do the Mickey shaped nuggets, potatoe Mickeys and Mickey pizza...and they're on special offer at the moment!

Plus, the music 'Flying' from Peter Pan (that music they use for thr YoMD!) makes me smile so much...and cry lol.

10. Yeh they use that music for DLP's 15th anniversary as well. It is sad music but I love it at the same time.

11. DisneyGibbs

I have the Peter Pan (the live version) on soundtrack...and many of the pieces of music encompass that song. It's such beautifully written music that is very moving.

12. ~Disney_Princess~

Aww that sucks that it fell. Yeah the Pixar ones were great! I likes the Bugs Life one with Flick rotating on top of the tree, the Nemo one was cool too!

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Those cakes were amazing, the snow white one was out of this world, it looked more like an ornament than a cake, you wouldnt want to cut that. I loved the detail in the Jasmine one, but i wasnt too keen on the little mermaid one, i dont know why though. They were all amazing. They have made me think about disney so much now!

14. *minnie**mouse*

.....wow. that's awesome. that really reminds me of the Skoda advert where they make a car out of cakes and sweets.

15. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

the disney ad from a few years bck with the little kids who cant sleep always makes me happy cos no matter how many times you've been to any disney park you always get the same warm child like feeling, but the other day when XL went in administration i almost tried when a mum had to tell her children that they would be going to see mickey and his friends :(

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, i know of a similar story about a family, i was so sad when i heard it as it is taking away their dream.

17. DisneyGibbs

18. *minnie**mouse*

19. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Oh my gosh that business trip one is so cute!

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye, the business trip one is awesome, so cute!