Just booked my flight :)

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by disneydj, Dec 7, 2009.

1. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

YESSSS Virgin's sale has started, flights down to £350. Good times! I was getting a bit worried about the prices being so much more than last year but that makes me feel a bit better. ;D

2. mac shell

mac shell New Member

Just curious to how everyone knows what dates they want to fly home if your going to do any traveling xx

3. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I'm booking a tour so I know what date I want to return. I'm saving like crazy so i can stay in america as long as possible, probably most of the 30 days we're allowed :-D

4. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

I put my dates in to the virgin sale thingy..

and it come up with the same prices as before?

is this the same for anybody else?

5. mac shell

mac shell New Member

yea i wanna travel about but its kinda a night mare for not knowing when to come home :s am thinking about just booking a one way dunno but!! yea that happened with me as well xx

6. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

i think im gna try ringing them tomorrow instead and seeing what they say?

ill get back to you'se on it x

7. Skibaby

Skibaby New Member

I had a look last night and mine have come up about £100 cheaper...I know when I'm flying home though...my family are coming out the day I finish and we're staying for 2 weeks and then coming home on 20th August. Having to pay for premium economy coming home as they want to fly like that...and also because I can have 2 cases rather than just one! Can't see me being able to fit everything in one case after 3 months away haha! James, are you going to get the VS075 from Manchester on 25th May? Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas! x

8. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

yeah i think thats the one im getting, looking to come back on the 16th of august too!x

9. Skibaby

Skibaby New Member

Cool...at least there will be us two getting the same flight then...woop I won't be on my own lol! Let me know whe you're booking it...I'm thinking of booking over the next few days - may as well take advantage of the money off!!! x

10. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

well i have searched on STA travel, and i found a flight which is £402.. so i think i might book that as its only around £100 to change the date if i need to, why pay near enough £600 for the yummy flight.. i'm not sure yet what to do hmm!

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Annoyingly, it seems they had a pre-sale yesterday as my flight was coming up at £380 but left it until today (as I got paid!) and had to pay £429!! Ah well, still good value!

Flying out 20th June, back 9th Sept - LGW to MCO.

12. mogs

mogs New Member

Hey
    just booked my flight Gatwick 11:15, seat 58G!

and Im returning home on the 17th, I didnt know how long to stay for so I got almost 2 weeks to do something fun Smiley

what is everyone planning on doing after? I was thinking new york and maybe somewhere else.
    see you all there!

13. jdavies

jdavies New Member

Im gonna book mine today hopefully. im gonna fly back from new york though because its £370 to return from new york instead of orlando. i may stay in orlando for a couple of days to chill out then fly up to new york then stay with my cousin for something like 2 nights and then fly back home.
    is there many people thinking of staying in orlando for a few days after because i dont want to be loning haha :p
    it should be nice to relax after working solid for 2 and a half months... i just cant wait to get out there now and meet everyone and ofcourse find out where im gonna work, thats killing me :p

14. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hey all

just reading through I have noticed majority of people have booked non flexible flights independently, i have been in touch with STA travel (as suggested by yummy) but the fares are like £500+ do we really need a fully flexible flight because i dont really see many extra advantages -

by the way will be flying out on june 20th so cant wait to meet you all.

ad

15. catfish278

catfish278 Member

No you dont have to.... yummy just suggest this because it gives you more freedom if you want to travel afterwards in the usa or you end up changing your program dates which is very unlikely.

16. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

. What day are you flying out??

17. mogs

mogs New Member

Im flying out on the 20th of june which I think is a sunday.

18. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Im 20th June too, seat 37A! :) Got iot for £402 including booking fee which I think was pretty good! At least its another thing done and paid for! And I love flying with Virgin - your own TV, loads of films, as much food and drink as you can handle! Its great! Really looking forward to the flight....getting our matching T shirts on! haha. Add me on FB...Grace Vernon from Nottingham xxx