Just booked my flight :)

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by disneydj, Dec 7, 2009.

1. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Puppies are lovely till you give them guns lol :eek:

haha no i don't think they would shoot us. Maybe just pistol whip. ;D

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Just because they have guns doesn't mean they're horrible to you :D saying that, I went in the morning so I can imagine they might get a bit annoyed at the end of the day. SO many people take their mobile phones and ipods when you're specifically told not to, so that must get a bit annoying. They were really nice and smiley to me though :D

3. mac shell

mac shell New Member

Yea im not booking my flight just yet!! oh question u no how the criminal record thing - i just got three point for driving on my phone the other day do u think that will have any effect??

and sophie im soooo acident prone it unreal i nearly killed my self up a mountain in feb snowboardin and couldnt walk for months had to get saved off mountain rescue team haha so known my luck somethin else insane like that will happen to me hahaha xxxx

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

It might be on your criminal record but shouldnt affect your application to disney..., just be honest on the form and you will be fine.

5. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Yay booked my flight 2. It was only £165 with my air-miles. Oh just to say if anyone is planning to go on the Virgin flight at 11 somthing on the 25th may there are only a few seats left so i would get them soon if i were you.

6. Skibaby

Skibaby New Member

Yay-Disney...is that from London or Manchester? Who did you book with...did you book through STA? I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and try and get my flight sorted from Manchester on 25th May with Virgin!

7. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

I heard driving points dont go on your CR because you dont actually get arrested for it if that makes sense? Its not an actual criminal offence (I hope I'm not sounding dumb!) .. but being on the phone may affect it but I dont think it will :) I have 3 points too so dont worry xx

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That is only in the first set of seats they have released, more will become available next year, no worries.

I had a really strange encounter at the embassy when i arrived, i dropped all my forms, didnt understand what the women wanted, also i didnt realise i had a calculator in my folder and had to rip it out, haha. And the metal detectors went off and i stepped to the side rather than back and they got a bit annoyed but then the security guy made a joke about it. It was funny later on but at the time i was embarassed, haha.

I paid 510 for my flight in the virgin sale last december, but that was with an upgrade on the way, which i would highly recommend, Premium economy is amazing with Virgin, i loved it!

9. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

I paid $880 for my flight. I'll be flying January 31 with KLM from Amsterdam to Manchester and Virgin to Orlando. And August 13 back again. It was one of the cheapest flights! Booked through orbitz.com a I saved €300 by paying in USD instead of EUR.

10. Lifes-a-beach

Lifes-a-beach New Member

Its not points. you only get a criminal record if you get a DUI or are charged with criminal negligence. if you dont know if oyu have a criminal offence, you most likely dont.

11. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

I booked it on the air miles website, but from now on it goes through virgin. Its from London. Could you give the arrival time of that flight if you go with STA because i think all the virgin flights arrive at about the same time, give or take a hour. If there is no one i know on my flight i may wait for that one to come in. :D

12. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

I just tried to upgrade but because i booked with air miles i cant :( Going to ring up virgin and beg!

13. Skibaby

Skibaby New Member

I've just spoken to STA and it's going to be around £600 for a changeable return flight on 25th May, direct from Manchester, which I'm happy with! And it gets into Orlando at about 2:20pm which is pretty good! What time does yours get in from...I think you're right - most of the flights get in around the same time with Virgin I think! Ooo it's getting really exciting now!!!

14. gevernon

gevernon New Member

How do you get airmiles? Has it taken you forever to earn the miles you spent on the flight? x

15. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Tesco clubcard points ;D my parents spend loads there so we just used them for airmiles.

16. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

i think mine gets in about 3. 15 but i think immigration is going to take aggggggges! Im not sure how often the shuttle goes so we may all be getting on the same one.

17. jdavies

jdavies New Member

can u use the clubcard vouchers for the flights yeh? my mother has loads of clubcard vouchers!
    i thought you could only use them for holidays see.
    im gonna see how much it is to upgrade too because i have never done it and it would be a nice start to it all =]
    im still gonna see if theres a january sale though :p

18. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

yeah i think you just have to change them across to airmiles. Mums seem to know how to work the whole clubcard thing. :) I really wish i upgraded now. I was just so excited to have return flights for £165 that i didn't think if i payed what i was planning to to start off with then i could have comfy seats. Im going to ring virgin and ask if i can pay a bit more for extra leg room seats, but i have made sure that i am at the end of the rows, so i can stretch out a bit.

19. catfish278

catfish278 Member

To be honest, standard class is fine for legroom on virgin... wherever you sit, you're going to be squished on the plane unless its first class and hardly anyone can afford that! Also, one of the best parts of being in normal economy seating was that everyone was there so we all changed our seat numbers and sat near each other, it was a laugh and a half!! if people had paid more to be in premium we wouldnt have all been sitting near each other! ;D

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

OK - make sure you are in the aisle when you check in, they quite often move you (especially if you check in late). Also, it isn't worth the money for extra legroom - you only get 3 inches more. However, for about £30 more than extra legroom you can upgrade to an exit row - much more room! However, that can only be done at the airport as they have to see you to check you meet the requirements to sit there (not too young, too old, too infirm etc.).

However, somehow I upgraded myself to exit row today for free as I'm next to the window... I have no idea how!
    Also, if there's room, you can upgrade to premium economy/upper class at the airport for a fee. :)
    Hope this helps :)
    xx