JUNE 20th 2010 !!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Tasha--x, Dec 2, 2009.

1. natvdp

natvdp New Member

Heyy just registered on here after browsing for months! got attractions june 20th!!! wohooooo! and going to be flying from wherever its cheap i guess! :)

2. seraphim_cry

seraphim_cry New Member

I'll be in costuming :D we're gonna have the most amazing summer!

3. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Hey everyone!
    Bit excited so haven't read through everyone's post yet but:

20th JUNE 2010 ATTRACTIONS :) :)

Cannot bloody wait, and can't wait to meet you all. Get ready for a mass facebook add.

Carrie, well done, i knew you'd get it! x

4. seraphim_cry

seraphim_cry New Member

@DisneyDJ - YEAAAAHHHHH!!!! I guess I'll be seeing you out there! :D Where you flying from?

Add me to facebook!:- Carrie White, network should be Rose Bruford '11 :D

5. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Woop! Gatwick seems to be cheapest (or any London airport by the looks of things) - are you gnna wait until you've had more information from Disney before you book? I would hate to book a non refundable flight to find i've done it wrong!

6. jdavies

jdavies New Member

I will be joining you guys on the 20th xD

im doing attractions and probly fly from caridff/bristol/london? dunno

add me on facebook: james davies (cardiff university 2013)
    well done everyone im still bouncing with excitment ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Hi James mate, trying to add you on facebook but there are about a hundred of them and all just say Wales, can't find anything about Cardiff 2013... What is your photo??

8. jdavies

jdavies New Member

9. natvdp

natvdp New Member

we should do a big meet up before we go!!

10. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Great Idea! We should all watch a Disney movie together haha!

11. Jar

Jar New Member

Good good some more attractions people!

Another heads up on a Facebook group WDW ICP 2010 Facebook Group

I've created one each year that I've gone and its been really useful for meeting/getting to know people before we all go!
    Also might make it easier to add people on Facebook rather than search through the hundreds on there...

12. Jar

Jar New Member

Flights wise there is no reason why you cant book your flights yet, although I usually wait a bit....

The only info you need to know is that you should arrive on the start date of your program (as you can only move into accommodation then) and that you have to depart within 30 days of the end of your program, due to the visa restrictions.

Any other questions just ask, technically I should be able to answer them!

13. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Thanks Jar, very much appreciated - i'm returning home ASAP to the Mrs and other work etc - not hanging around, so would you say that the 3rd is the day I should fly, as I will not be allowed to sleep the night of the 3rd in Disney quarters will I?

And on the outbound, I should just make sure my flight means that I arrive into Disney any time on the 20th June?

Cheers mate, you will be very helpful over the next 6 months!

14. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yes, you should make sure that you arrive any time on the 20th June... transfer from Orlando International is the easiest... most flights from the UK get in at about 3pm ish.

And leaving... most flights to the UK from Orlando leave in the evening so you'd be looking at the evening of the 3rd yes :) You will arrive back in the UK on the 4th.

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You can arrive the day before if you like, but you WOULD HAVE TO ARRANGE YOUR OWN ACCOMODATION!!!!!!

Last year I was on the 13.30 from Manchester, landed about 5.30 in Orlando... and didn't get into my apartment until about midnight Orlando time (so about 5am in the UK!) By the time I was ready for bed (making it up and whatnot - I refuse to sleep without a pillow and duvet lol!) it was about 6am in the UK... I had been up almost 24hours! I was rather tired!

But it was awesome, wouldn't have changed it! :D
    xx

16. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I didn't have a pillow... slept on a towel. It hurt my neck! :(

17. Jar

Jar New Member

Well everyone answers the questions above, but I would recommend taking bedding and pillows if you can, but hopefully i shall be able to sort out a packing list, that will be coming eventually via the old facebook group! Easiest way to distribute it! :)

18. Disney4ever!

Disney4ever! New Member

Wooh! Custodial :) Can't wait!
    Probably flying from Heathrow...so I will get lost!

19. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

I spent the first couple of weeks using the pillow i got on the plane. I do not recommend it.

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You know you shouldn't take them Andy right?

Did you get character again?
    I remember Blizzard Beach :)
    xx