June 1st - Flights from UK!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by RSH01, Dec 3, 2009.

1. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Heyy Im going to fly out on the 1st from either Manchester or London!

I think for the flexi-flight thing its like £600-700 with STA depending on where you are flying from...

apparently the flexi-flight is a great idea especially if you are even considering traveling afterwards!

Ive heard that we get mega-discounts off Disney cruises so hopefully I can use that...

A Disney cruise around the Caribbean to round off a perfect summer anyone...? :)

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i dont really know what to go for i think i might just book 2 singles, one for june 1st and one return for sept 17th

cos me and my bf are booking a hotel for 28 days august 20th-sept 17th so if i need to go home for any reason i guess id just haveto pay for a flight home then back again eeek i duno what to go for lol x

3. StevenC

StevenC New Member

eeeek... sounds like this job is going to get me in a HELL of a lot of debt...

4. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

sorry to burst your bubble but we aren't eligable for the massive discounts off cruises, we don't work there long enough, I think you have to have been working there 3 months before you can get the cruise disount, on the Hub they ask for your start date before you can book. Sad times.

I honestly don't think the Sta Travel flexi thing is worth it, you still have to pay £50 to change your flight and I paid £100 to change mine with Virgin last year, AND STA seem to be charging way more for the flights than the airlines are. I'm not goning to bother with it, it's pretty easy to change your flight direct with Virgin over the phone anyway. Each to their own I guess!

5. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

It says on yummy jobs website that the first change of your flight is free and the second change is £35...

and ohh thats disappointing,, lets hope that we still get it anyway :p

ohh and booking through them means that they can reserve seats with other ICP cast members :)

I think i'm going from Manchester so anyone else who is going from there let me know and we can meet up before hand :) ...

Also looking at the t-shirts thread,, i think its a great idea :)

x

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

When you book through virgin's website you can change your seat about 5 times for free just using the website so we all sat together last time! ;D

7. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

ahhh thats sooo good :D

what role did you do last year? and what are you doing this year??

x

8. CharlotteSparkle

yeah I'm booking direct through virgin, was awesome last year!! I'm not sure STA's worth the extra money.

9. Sofi

Sofi Guest

whats the website for virgin? x

10. CharlotteSparkle

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Merchandise, main st usa. magic kingdom!! and this year, main entrance operations :D

12. StevenC

StevenC New Member

yummy jobs said with the flexi thing the first change is free and then the second is £35... so its definitely worth doing flexi! so much cheaper!!

13. CharlotteSparkle

but someone said STA are charging £700 when the virgin website has flights for £500! May have read this wrong but I'm sure those were the prices posted. I'm just deciding where I'm gonna travel so i know when to book me return flight, it's so exciting :D

14. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

i like the one STA suggested beacuse you know its gonna be reliable, i think the flexi thing is gd 2, yeah u'll pay a bit more but i think it is worth it if u want ur options 2 remain open for when u finish. u also get a really gd health insurce rates with STA plus 10% discount.

15. StevenC

StevenC New Member

I'm gonna book a flexi sta travel ticket on sunday!

i think im gonna fly out Saturday 29th May 2010! =)

16. CharlotteSparkle

I've sent a quote request to STA, gonna wait and see what price they quote and decide whether to go for the flexi thing :-D Think I'm gonna fly out early tooooo, would be nice to have a few days to chill out. Last year I was crazy tired, but it was good to meet a load of people on the flight so I'm a bit unsure.

Is anyone else so crazily excited that they actually can't think of anything else?! It's gonna be AWESOME!!!!

17. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Heyyy!
    Yepp I think its going to be worthwhile for the extra money getting the flexi-one :)

anyone doing the STA british airways flight on June 1st from Manchester,, let me know!! :D

xx

18. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Last year we'd all reserved seats together but Virgin moved us as some people had checked in online, and you can steal people's seats! Cheeky!
    xx

19. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

I'm flying out on June 1st too! From London :)
    Im working Quick Service Food and Bev.
    I'm pretty sure I will be coming back on a fixed date because I near enough have to go straight to uni but I'll prob just book through STA because it saves a lot of hassle looking for my own flights and having to inform Disney blahblahblah. And also it will be nice to meet people on the flight and not be TOTALLY on my own! The difference in price isn't enough for me to really bother looking at a different airline.
    xx

20. StevenC

StevenC New Member

Just booked my flight!

I fly out on May 29th from Manchester, but have to go via Gatwick before I arrive in Orlando... grr!!

I start Character Performer on June 1st!

I booked a provisional return date of September 3rd... 2 weeks after my finish date of August 20th =)

x