J1 GRADUATE PROGRAM CANCELLED

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Arwen_1983, Mar 19, 2009.

1. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

How do you know?

2. It isn't true. Yummy Jobs have said so themselves, they don't know when it will be restarting. And to their knowledge it definetly isn't next year. A very cruel April Fools in my opinion.

3. Janey

Janey New Member

The representative of International Services told me that Disney and Uni. of Central Florida are working on a programme similar to the J1A and that it'd a bit more intensive. Don't know if that means shorter or did she mean the studying part of it.. Anyway, she wasn't able to tell anything about the qualifications so I for myself am not too excited as I don't know whether I'll be able to apply for it. She recommended to check out International Services web site in early 2010.

4. Well that's interesting. It would be nice if they gave us the opportunity to apply because of what happened with our programme.

5. Janey

Janey New Member

Yeah, it'd be.. I'm just a tad worried because the July start would've been perfect to my situation as I'm finished with uni in June. Now if I'll find a job here, I might not want to leave it or be able to leave it. :/

6. cowza

cowza New Member

One of my old managers was talking to me about this program when I visited the parks recently. It was cancelled because too many applicants complained about it and many were not taking the program very seriously... they attempted to revamp it... making the classes more intense and giving homework assignments... but it still wasn't working. So for now its gone.

Programs come and go all the time... you never know what could come up next... but for now there are no plans to bring back a J1 Graduate UCF program.

7. Alex88

Alex88 Member

I do know ;-) believe me. I can only tell you it doesn't have anything to do with complaints of participants, a 'revised' program will be back next year ;-)

8. mia88

mia88 New Member

I spoke to Kelly, who arranges people to go on the program. She is from the Student Travel place that we have to apply with to get into the program. She told me that applications being taken now, means you will start in January 2010 :)

9. There isn't anything on the Yummy Job's website. Until then I'm not keeping my fingers crossed even if what you have both said may be true.

10. Sazzy19

Sazzy19 New Member

Just thought I'd bump this thread in case anyone has any new information :)