ICP 09 - Roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by opherrichards, Nov 3, 2008.

1. vik

vik New Member

well selling tickets is far from the worst role at wdw is if you ask me!

2. Kevus

Kevus New Member

hmmm no i cant think of anything worse than being stuck in one of those booths in front of the park watching all the holiday makers go by, i think some booths only have you in... i dont know if i can think of any worse

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

What about giving out tickets to parking or guiding the cars to park, i dont think that is a dream job when going to work at Disney, but i suppose it would be Disneyfied in some way. Think positive people. Watching the holidaymakers go by means you can imagine what they are up to. Aha! I dont know where im going with this.

4. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Actually sometimes the parking people get to ride segways 8) I doubt ICPs can but still
    I used to really really desperately want to be the person doing the spiel on the parking tram..

5. Kevus

Kevus New Member

the cars to park thing is fun because you get to wave the baton and dance around and be silly, if your on the tram you get the chance of being on the mic which means lots of fun! the tickets to pak wouldnt that be vacation planner or part of the car attendents

6. KC

KC New Member

For what it's worth, I've always felt that the parking people always seem to look like they're having the most fun...Plus,they're the first CMs a lot of people see in the morning, so there's that!!

As for vacation planners, a friend of mine did it and looooooooved it! Not my cup of tea, but there you are!

7. KC

KC New Member

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'm thinking...

Operations (Attractions, hopefully!)
    Full service F&B
    Character Attendant
    Custodial
    QSF&B
    Character Performer
    Vacation Planner
    Recreation

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Not asking for much are you?

9. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Im putting Attendent down if its on the list, then probably custodial

10. vik

vik New Member

see for me quick service food and beverage would be the worst...having said that i have a friend who worked in a nice little deli on the boardwalk all summer and she really liked it!

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I'm thinking...

Character performer
    Operations (attractions)
    Merchandise
    Character attendant
    Bell-service (maybe!)

12. KC

KC New Member

Me? Never!

13. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

QS nor FS won't see light of day on my list.

It's clearly got to be
    performer
    attendant
    ops
    custodial
    merch

but I suppose merch could possibly involve light food prep so maybe not. I might just put down the 3

14. Freckles

Freckles Guest

character attendant isnt on there. jsut to warn you.

ops is only mian entrance and attractions is back.

again..just to warn you.

15. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

QS F&B can be awesome if you get a great location....those of you who have read my blog will understand why I loved working at the bakery! A) amazing costume, B) great friends, C) amazing costume... LOL

16. Freckles

Freckles Guest

shes right, her blog does mention all those things...apart from the annoying russian...he seems very annoying through your writing!

it sounds like fun. i told them at my interview i wanted to stay away from fast food as ive done it and want a change. roger was fine about it.

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

i didn't say why i wanted attractions - but i did something random!
    i numbered 1) attractions 2) main entrance ops 3) FS F&B
    and then just ticked costuming, QS F&B and merch! nick was fine about that

the main thing i want to be able to do is attractions, and both that and main entrance ops have parades on them, which i also want to do (but not like the scary woman we saw at easter!)
    hehe - 2-3 weeks is a long time!! better keep busy with uni... :(
    xx

18. KC

KC New Member

Katie, the way that works is that you work at your attractin and then you'll get bumped out to do PAC every so often... Some people get lots of PAC shifts, others get hardly any!

That said, having done PAC, I have to say it's AMAZING! Most fun you could ever have ever!

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Oh cool - that sounds ideal!
    And PAC does sound like the best thing ever! (and seeing the parade wouldn't hurt :p)
    thanks KC!!!!!
    xx

20. Alex88

Alex88 Member

My choice

Attractions
    Recreation
    Life Guard
    Hotel
    can't remember.